Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-TWIN-OE] VIX icon locking up

  • Thread starter Thread starter score1_uk
  • Start date Start date
S

score1_uk

Guest
Hi all, I have a TM-Twin-Oe box with Vix preinstalled. Every now and again the box 'hangs' with the VIX icon rotating in the top left corner of the screen. Sometimes it just pops up on its own while watching, other times it hangs when I set a program timer. Im wondering if its related to the Cross epg?
 
id refresh your boot loader & refresh by usb vix with a fresh install
 
Most probably running out of RAM to process a task. Setup and activate a swap file.
 
I have a swap file active. How do I refresh boot loader? Im still learning all this. Its my 1st VIX box.
 
You nly need new bootloader when manufacturer releases one. Last update we were told of is February 2014.
 
My box is less than 9 months old so must have the current boot loader. Just went to the box and its hung again. Any other ideas?
 
My solo2 used to hang systematically overnight. Eventually I pinned it down to the CrossEPG updater running and running out of RAM. Adding a swapfile cured the problem.
 
I have setup a swap file for 256mb, still locks up. Im sure its something to do with cross epg.
 
My solo2 used to hang systematically overnight. Eventually I pinned it down to the CrossEPG updater running and running out of RAM. Adding a swapfile cured the problem.
A solo2 running out of ram is a rare thing unless you're using badly configured or too many EPG updates?
 
My solo2 used to hang systematically overnight. Eventually I pinned it down to the CrossEPG updater running and running out of RAM. Adding a swapfile cured the problem.

You shouldn't use a swap file on a Vu+ Solo2. Something seriously wrong with your setup. Also EPG data is best stored on a HDD, or USB Flash Drive. Do not store EPG data to flash!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have setup a swap file for 256mb, still locks up. Im sure its something to do with cross epg.

Where are you storing your EPG data? Also have you reflashed and setup as new without any settings or plugins restores?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
epg data stores to hdd. not done a factory reset. If I knew how to post pics here I could show what settings I have. Could be that I have set the sources for epg data wrong some how.
 
You shouldn't use a swap file on a Vu+ Solo2. Something seriously wrong with your setup. Also EPG data is best stored on a HDD, or USB Flash Drive. Do not store EPG data to flash!
Shouldn't or shouldn't need to? epg is on /media/hdd.

Switching to crossepg coincided with the nightly hangs starting. Adding the swapfile (and changing nothing else) coincided with the nightly hangs disappearing.

I have 5 or so providers for 3855 channels. I switched to crossepg because xmltv-importer was giving me odd results for the Italian channels (duplicate events with slightly different start times and slightly different names), although to be honest crossepg didn't help much. I fresh-flashed *and* setup everything from scratch again not all that long ago to switch to the 3.2 line.
 
Shouldn't or shouldn't need to? epg is on /media/hdd.

Switching to crossepg coincided with the nightly hangs starting. Adding the swapfile (and changing nothing else) coincided with the nightly hangs disappearing.

I have 5 or so providers for 3855 channels. I switched to crossepg because xmltv-importer was giving me odd results for the Italian channels (duplicate events with slightly different start times and slightly different names), although to be honest crossepg didn't help much. I fresh-flashed *and* setup everything from scratch again not all that long ago to switch to the 3.2 line.

I would say shouldn't, but in your case it has helped matters for you, so it must have helped with your setup you have.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You could also try the xlmtv importer again :) I never got the hang of Crossepg and when I ended up hanging I changed to the importer...had no issues since with any of my boxes
 
Last edited:
Cross EPG downlaoder downloads from various sources. Unless you actually specify what you are downlaoding with CrossEPG, nothing is for certain.

A classic mistake people make is use Cross EPG to download OpenTV EPG data from the satellite for 28.2 and also use the Rytek sources for 28.2 too.
 
OK - I turned off the swapfile and this morning the receiver is totally locked up and not even responding to the button on the front. I also have no SSH access. The time on the receiver reads 04:14 (the time is now 07:00CEST), crossepg is set to start its update at 04:00. A power cycle using the switch is required.

On checking it's set to use Rytec 28.2 *and* OpenTV Sky UK 28.2, although I can't see how to disable the OpenTV providers. I'll let it run again tomorrow morning still with no swapfile but with Rytec 28.2 disabled.

@twol I'll stick with crossepg for the time being - now I'm looking at the problem again it has me intrigued :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top