Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] ViX Team ET9000 Image v2.2 - 11/06/2011 - Discussion

No you need to setup epg for whicheva satellite you watching. You can do this by going to menu/setup/system/epg and setup there. Use crossepg or xmlimport

I have done what you suggest but the info remains the same, first old info then the current.
I always thought that program info is integraded in the satellite stream.
With other recievers i did not have to read in seperate data
I am only talking about the 2 lines with the program titles (now & next).
 
I think that I have found the problem, The time setting is incorrect.
The time on my reciever is 6 hours earlier then the real time.
I have set timezone correct for my country (holland)
Is the somebody who can tell me how to set the correct time.
 
I think that I have found the problem, The time setting is incorrect.
The time on my reciever is 6 hours earlier then the real time.
I have set timezone correct for my country (holland)
Is the somebody who can tell me how to set the correct time.

Now that you have set the timezone corectly, you should be ok to choose a channel native to your country (fta possibly best), and then restart the box on that channel (unless you have set a startup service, in which case, ensure it's a native channel). This should then set the time correctly for you...

If that doesn't work, you can manually set the time by telnetting in to the box and using the date command:

Code:
Usage: date [OPTIONS] [+FMT] [TIME]

Display time (using +FMT), or set time

Options:
        [-s] TIME       Set time to TIME
        -u              Work in UTC (don't convert to local time)
        -R              Output RFC-822 compliant date string
        -I[SPEC]        Output ISO-8601 compliant date string
                        SPEC='date' (default) for date only,
                        'hours', 'minutes', or 'seconds' for date and
                        time to the indicated precision
        -r FILE         Display last modification time of FILE
        -d TIME         Display TIME, not 'now'
        -D FMT          Use FMT for -d TIME conversion

Recognized formats for TIME:
        hh:mm[:ss]
        [YYYY.]MM.DD-hh:mm[:ss]
        YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm[:ss]
        [[[[[YY]YY]MM]DD]hh]mm[.ss]
 
Now that you have set the timezone corectly, you should be ok to choose a channel native to your country (fta possibly best), and then restart the box on that channel (unless you have set a startup service, in which case, ensure it's a native channel). This should then set the time correctly for you...

Thanks, that solved the time problem and my original problem
 
Please help me!
I am completely new to this world and was a bit too eager to update my ET9000 from 2.1 to 2.2.

Now I need to reinstall MGcamd but 2.2 will not load it.
I was told to use the "enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk" version of MGcamd, 2.2 finds it but can't load it.

Is MGcamd incompatible with 2.2??? Hopefully not.

Please advise me how to solve this problem and tell me where to find the correct MGcamd .ipk file to use :confused:

Edit: I can't even find a tmp folder in 2.2 to install in, so I used the /usr/softcams folder. Is that correct?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is compatible. I simply downloaded it from the forum and it installed fine. You then need to upload your cfg and .list files to /var/keys/
 
Please help me!
I am completely new to this world and was a bit too eager to update my ET9000 from 2.1 to 2.2.

Now I need to reinstall MGcamd but 2.2 will not load it.
I was told to use the "enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk" version of MGcamd, 2.2 finds it but can't load it.

Is MGcamd incompatible with 2.2??? Hopefully not.

Please advise me how to solve this problem and tell me where to find the correct MGcamd .ipk file to use :confused:

Edit: I can't even find a tmp folder in 2.2 to install in, so I used the /usr/softcams folder. Is that correct?

dont put the IPK in /usr/softcams,or it will cause issues, the tmp folder is in the usual place /tmp
 
Thanks, you give me some hope!

I must be doing something very wrong...
I dowloaded the right MGcamd from the forum, uploaded it to /usr/softcams folder since I can't find any tmp folder. Is this right so far?

Then I choose the .ipk file in Softcam Setup and try to start it, but I only get the following message:
"Found none standard softcam, trying to start, this may fail"
It won´t start...

I have put the newcamd.list file into var/keys/
 
dont put the IPK in /usr/softcams,or it will cause issues, the tmp folder is in the usual place /tmp

There I hopefully have the problem!
Why can't I find the /tmp????
Feeling very stupid right now...
 
What ftp prog r u using? I've seen some that don't work with symlinks too well...

Try going to /var/volatile/tmp

Sent with Tapatalk
 
I'm glad to say my problem is almost solved. VIX 2.2 and MGcamd is installed, I have placed my old newcamd.list file in the right folder.
Now I only miss the mg_cfg file!

How can I get one?

Thanks a lot for all your help!
 
Somewhat desperate, I created one in a texteditor with theese lines that I found on the net.
I have no idea what they do and if they are correct, but the mg_cfg seems to work!
I will search fo a more dedicated one though, any advice would be great.
Thanks for your reply!

Removed config txt
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Just got et 9000 today and loaded vix 2.2. Just one question, mounted usb for picons and when change channel the picon is there but when i press guide i only get channel name ie bbc 1 instead of the picon. Am i missing something.
Thanks
 
Somewhat desperate, I created one in a texteditor with theese lines that I found on the net.
I have no idea what they do and if they are correct, but the mg_cfg seems to work!
I will search fo a more dedicated one though, any advice would be great.
Thanks for your reply!

Removed config txt

Sorry, I've removed the config text to be on the safe side, as we don't allow configs or cams to be posted directly on the forum...
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top