Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image - 05/09/2010 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of adding options to select where things like picon and epg.dat are found (rather like the record path option) please?

If you mount the /media/hddext to /media/usb, then the picons will work perfectly fine... You get the option of choosing where you want the picon, but this is limited to the hdd, usb or internal flash...
 
1. What do you mean by standard station epg?! Which epg data you talking about?! This might be one of the fixes in the 1.1 version (mhw/eit/freesat etc).
2. This worked fine for me when I tried it. How do you access the movie you are recording?! Are you using the media player, or are you using the recordings button to bring up the recorded movies?

Hi and thanks for your quick reaction

1. Sorry about the EPG confusion; English is not my native language. With the standard EPG info I indeed meant MediaHighway, FreeSat etc. so I'll wait till version 1.xxx

2. To make sure I just retested this remark. This is what I did :
- watching a channel, select direct recording with the red record button
- wait for one minute while the recording is progressing
- select recorded programs by using the recordings button
- select the current recording for viewing

While playing this recording you see the total recording time is +/- 1 minute and when you reach this point the viewing stops as if it's the recording end.
To see the rest of the recording you have to select the same recording again from the recording list.

nb. I'm only using the internal HD for recordings and didn't use MediaPlayer but just the standard player which starts when you select a recording from the recordings-list

I also noticed that the extra info in the info bar isn't always there; sometimes you have to switch to another channel and back so see the extra info like Sat. Position, Provider etc. This occurs in both the modes for viewing the extra info bar. (permanent on and only on by 2nd time ok button)
 
Thanks for that... Will test it when I get a chance (won't be until tomorrow likely). But, if you can do a test of setting a timer recording (go to a channel with epg data downloaded (even if next of now and next), and then press the green button on an event in the future. Whilst that event is recording, wait for a few minutes, and then try and play from the recordings. This is how I've used that, and it worked fine... Never done an instant record and tried watching it (always used timeshift for that method :p)...

Cheers.
 
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here, been testing Vix image during weekend and have the following notes:
The box crashes with green screen when playing MKV files, here is how it happens:
The file is located in USB drive and it is the only file in the play list, when the movie finishes you can see the timeline in the corner but no buttons work and after couple seconds the box crashes. This has happened everytime I allowed the movie to finish till the end.

The other note is that if USB drive is connected to VU+ the plugins fail to install and also EPG stops working. It's not posible to read existing list or to download a new one. It looks like VU+ is trying to read/write usb drive instead of its internal memory. Once the drive is disconnected everything works as expected. Is that a configuration issue and can be configured somewhere or is it a bug ?

Also can anyone explain me how DTS and AC3 decoding works, I have AVR and I want it do decode DTS or AC3 instead of VU+. Is there a way to configure passthrough for DTS and AC3.

thank you for good image and keep up good work.
 
Love the image folks, I've got mkv files playing with no issues from a usb hard drive. The only issue I have is the EPG Refresh will not work if the USB Hard Drive is plugged in. If I go to do a manual refresh, I hear the USB Drive wake up and nothing gets imported. If I unplug the USB Hard drive everything works fine but I don't want to be doing that all the time! Any idea'? thanks!
 
My mkv files are playing fine however I am playing from my pc share and not an external drive. Maybe the mkv file you are trying to play have a non standard format have you tried another mkv file?
 
Thanks for that... Will test it when I get a chance (won't be until tomorrow likely). But, if you can do a test of setting a timer recording (go to a channel with epg data downloaded (even if next of now and next), and then press the green button on an event in the future. Whilst that event is recording, wait for a few minutes, and then try and play from the recordings. This is how I've used that, and it worked fine... Never done an instant record and tried watching it (always used timeshift for that method :p)...

Cheers.


I tried it again exactly the way you described and still having the same problem.

Then I checked everything again and especially the differences between the settings in your image and in the Persian HD Project image.
There was only one difference : the viewing path. In your image I had that changed in /media/net/VUDUO_W/movie and in the Persian HD Project
image it was still the default setting. (/media/hdd/movie) Problem solved !!
I guess when I want to use /media/net/VUDUO_W/movie I also should change the default locations, although in the end these locations are the same....

Thanks for your attention regarding this solved problem.
 
My mkv files are playing fine however I am playing from my pc share and not an external drive. Maybe the mkv file you are trying to play have a non standard format have you tried another mkv file?

Tried multiple files and same happens.
 
Love the image folks, I've got mkv files playing with no issues from a usb hard drive. The only issue I have is the EPG Refresh will not work if the USB Hard Drive is plugged in. If I go to do a manual refresh, I hear the USB Drive wake up and nothing gets imported. If I unplug the USB Hard drive everything works fine but I don't want to be doing that all the time! Any idea'? thanks!

I'm having exactly the same problem with USB drive connected. It works fine without drive.
 
in the next release would be possible to tailor the information to Rytec Dplus XMLTV epg, information on some channels is zero or is not correct





 
in the next release would be possible to tailor the information to Rytec Dplus XMLTV epg, information on some channels is zero or is not correct


your best bet is to inform Tytec him self this a issue with data file not the image. so he need to know whats wrong so he can correct his data :)
 
in the next release would be possible to tailor the information to Rytec Dplus XMLTV epg, information on some channels is zero or is not correct

Please post a list of channel references that need EPG correcting in a seperate thread to this, I'll then report them to Rytec for you.
 
Hi everbody

At first, thanks so much to VIX TEAM

I write from Spain.

I try with other images (DreamElite, Openpli..) and this one, it´s the only one can with a mkv mine of 23 gb called "Inglori** Bast***"

The interface is very wonderfull and colorfull.

I use scripts, where do i put them? in /etc/init.d and run manual with telnet or how?

Thanks so much
 
Green Screen

I just stumbled upon a green screen :

While viewing a recording I selected help and then skipped down with the arrow-down button to reach the pause function.
As soon as the selection reaches pause the box crashes and restarts.
I tried this several times all with the same result. Attached is the generated crashlog.
 

Attachments

Hi
I am generally satisfied with vix image.The only thing that disturbs me is that after some hours of inactivity the box respond very slow to remote control signal and in general is very slow and unusuable.I need to turn the power supply off to get it working fast again.Any solution for this problem?
 
I just stumbled upon a green screen :

While viewing a recording I selected help and then skipped down with the arrow-down button to reach the pause function.
As soon as the selection reaches pause the box crashes and restarts.
I tried this several times all with the same result. Attached is the generated crashlog.

fixed in 1.1
 
Thanks, looking forward to that, and not just for this error ;)
 
Hi
I am generally satisfied with vix image.The only thing that disturbs me is that after some hours of inactivity the box respond very slow to remote control signal and in general is very slow and unusuable.I need to turn the power supply off to get it working fast again.Any solution for this problem?

OK, one question... What EPG data are you using?
 
OK, one question... What EPG data are you using?

Hi
Thanks for reply.Well as i remember now i enabled all epg data as i have all those satellites installed.This must be the problem right? i will try to remove some providers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top