Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image v1.3 - 05/12/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the record guys (I know this is prob going off topic now). I tested a 1m Orbital Dish against a Triax 1.1m, both fitted with Inverto Twin LNB and found the Orbital dish got highest signal strength on Thor 1deg.

Hmmmm.

From our sponser.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Satallite-Dishes/1metre-Orbital-Solid-Dish

Interesting, as is a normal offset dish.

One of the benefits over prime focus is that there is no RF shadowing on an offset, due to the LNB not sitting directly over the boresight.
Some useless info for you, lol
 
Hey. Is ok mate.

Really????

Hmmmm, I'll google that one.

Pls, interject anytime you wish.

Is a great hobby, and we really appreciate the support from this forum

In actuall fact I found the Orbital dishes to out-perform Triax in a couple of installation. Sometime it doesn't pay to go for a big brand name ;)
 
In actuall fact I found the Orbital dishes to out-perform Triax in a couple of installation. Sometime it doesn't pay to go for a big brand name ;)

i went for the orbital too and that was on the forum sponsor recomendation other wise i did originally ask for a triax well i am glad i got the orbital now. plus i found it to be a very light weight solid dish very sturdy indeed
 
better make sure my egypt plane aint a a380 then :lol3:

ahh reading night mare i aint been there in about a year actually yes about 11 months ago

ghost skin is a popular one i i now one of the guys is looking at it to try fix i am looking at a few of the kerni skins

vix is a brilliant image and is getting better i think if dvb-t was finaally implimented some how then it would becomde one of the top images around

andy has worked very hard with this and it indeed worthy of comendation

For terrestrial freeview!!
I guess Vu would sell even more boxes, lol
Is a shame that I can't utilise the other tuner in mine, as I only have one drop feed from the LNB at the moment.
The other LNB output runs upstairs.
My next investment will be in a Quad!
if you saw the Cockpit of the 380, it would scare u shitless.
No central control yoke, ohhh noooo. only captain, and first officer joysticks.
Like a computer game, lol
Beautiful aeroplane, but ugly :-))

Personally, I prefer flying the little ones, lol

Much more fun
 
In actuall fact I found the Orbital dishes to out-perform Triax in a couple of installation. Sometime it doesn't pay to go for a big brand name ;)

True enough my friend.
The lenson is getting a tad rusty now.
Perhaps in the spring I'll get an Orbital, and a quad LNB, in order to utilise the Vu+Duo twin tuners.

It's nice chatting to you guys, and I really do appreciate all your hard work with this new image.
 
For terrestrial freeview!!
I guess Vu would sell even more boxes, lol
Is a shame that I can't utilise the other tuner in mine, as I only have one drop feed from the LNB at the moment.
The other LNB output runs upstairs.
My next investment will be in a Quad!
if you saw the Cockpit of the 380, it would scare u shitless.
No central control yoke, ohhh noooo. only captain, and first officer joysticks.
Like a computer game, lol
Beautiful aeroplane, but ugly :-))

Personally, I prefer flying the little ones, lol

Much more fun

yep terrestrial its a real popular subject specially in ireland as its used more than sat

dont hink i been in a a380 guess i better look at one then :lol3:

personnaly seeing as you got a wealth of boxes i would go for a octo lnb as i have i use 5 outputs and 3 spare which i can hook up to the other rooms

a quad will only give you 2 rooms infact sly is stocking octo lnbs now too

i just ordered the quad lnb for another dish but my main used is the octo


make sure you ssee the sponsor for your lnbs good price good qaulity and superman fast delivery
 
Sure thing bro.
Octo, lol heheheheh
I think a quad will do me.

May I ask a dumb question please???

I know absoloutly nothing about the concept of time shift on these STB's????????

There is not much on the internet to explain the practical use.
Timeshift record for example.

Do you use this function mate?

I do alot of recording on the HDD, but only on the fly, and scheduled.
 
time shift is linux stb lingo for forward rewind and pause shifting time basically without it you cant have rewind and pause etc i use it extensivly also with time shift if you start to watch a movie or programme and a little while later you decde you want to record it then press reord and time shift will take its recording back to the egining of the prgam and place it as a recording other wise without time shift you will only have the recording from the point that you pressed record
 
Thank you.
Very interesting.
Some channels I have, have no EPG, even after a Rytec EPG import.
The dirty barstards at work keep badgering me for porn, lol
On 13 east, most have no event info.
Am I thinking correctly that time shifting needs that at least, to know where the beginning of the event is??
It would be interesting to know the mechanics in making time shifting work.
Am I correct in saying that it's only prudent to the event in hand at the time?????
Is this how Tivo works, and others??
I WONDER HOW IT RECORDS THE EVENT FROM START???AFTER THE EVENT HAS PARTLY ELAPSED??? INTRIGUING!!

Very very interesting indeed.

It makes full interactive use of the system HDD. Very clever.

Thank you so much
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Timeshift basically stores anything from an hour to 10 minutes of the program you are on, ( you can specify the duration of TS) it allows you to rewind if you want to catch something you missed - its the same as on a SLY box where it is on all the time but on the VU you need to enable it. If you change channels than it TS from the point you joined that channel.

TS only records from the point you join a channel.

TS does not need EPG as its recording what you are seeing and basically only keeps the last 30 minutes, 1 or 2 hours or whatever you specified.
 
Timeshift basically stores anything from an hour to 10 minutes of the program you are on, ( you can specify the duration of TS) it allows you to rewind if you want to catch something you missed - its the same as on a SLY box where it is on all the time but on the VU you need to enable it. If you change channels than it TS from the point you joined that channel.

TS only records from the point you join a channel.

TS does not need EPG as its recording what you are seeing and basically only keeps the last 30 minutes, 1 or 2 hours or whatever you specified.

I guess I can schedule a time for the said event to be erased, or must I do that manually via ftp for example??
Like I said, i'll play later, lol

Thanks again Stan
 
The timeshift is only temporary so when you change channels it will remove the temp file.

You need to enable it from the timeshift in menu and specify the location for it - thats no need for FTP etc. It will record the channel and delete the file when you change channel and start that recording again.
 
Finally managed to get off me arse and update to 1.3 (was quite happy with 1.2 to be honest and wasn't too bothered). Excellent work lads. Absolutely love the Quick zap scrolling.

well in!
 
can anyone advise why my duo keeps crashing with 1.3, ive updated everything, it loses tuner configuration and then i get no channels, ive had to reload now 3 times, getting tired of this, never had any probs like this with my dreambox 800 hd

any suggestions welcome
 
can anyone advise why my duo keeps crashing with 1.3, ive updated everything, it loses tuner configuration and then i get no channels, ive had to reload now 3 times, getting tired of this, never had any probs like this with my dreambox 800 hd

any suggestions welcome

have you tried reloading your bouquets (settings)?
 
can anyone advise why my duo keeps crashing with 1.3, ive updated everything, it loses tuner configuration and then i get no channels, ive had to reload now 3 times, getting tired of this, never had any probs like this with my dreambox 800 hd

any suggestions welcome

have you done a online update, there was a bug in the initial release. if so please post crash logs in '/hdd'
 
Many thanks to Andy and the backroon team in keeping the image upto date and ironing out the small bugs. :) Just done an update and updated 33 items.
 
Many thanks for the Image. Just updated 1.3 with the latest software. I cannot find where the "select picon location" line has moved to? I can't find it anywhere?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top