Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image v1.3 - 05/12/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Chris,

That does the trick, It would be still nice to be able to change one of the coloured buttons some it’s more like a sly box but this will work for now.

Thanks
 
hi,
installed the image. works fine so far. however, i noticed that the picture quality is slightly worse than in 1.2. suspect worse deinterlacing. anybody else noticed that?
 
Glad you got sorted. You can install cooltv guide from plugins menu. Then press blue button and selext vix. Goto vix settins and change epg from vix epg to cooltv guide. After gui restarts you can go into cooltv guide and press menu. There you can then configure coloured buttons to your preference. But be aware cooltv guide is a lot slower opening when pressing epg compared to vix epg hence why I have vix epg on mine :). Hope this helps mate
 
Doesn't the sherlock plugin do this?! Or maybe even the glassutil plugin?!

I think the only temp info it gives you is the temp of the hdd though...

Maybe..? That's always a problem with all the different plugins. The name doesn't reveal the features of the plugin. If I find them, I will try. It is the temperature of the HDD I need, but it is also interesting to see the other info as well, such as used RAM, aso.
 
I'm just about to follow Palinkat's advice, and give it another go using a better stick. The first one is a no-name stick, with only 256MB capasity. The next one out, is from Verbatim, and it is on 4GB. Hopefully there's a difference between these two sticks. Time will tell... ;)

And yes, everything seems to run just fine. :) By the way; is it possible to read the temperature and status of the Vu, in any plugin/addon? I think this feature was present in BH 1.3.3, but I don't know if it was a plugin.

Just in case anybody cares: The swapfile took about 35 minutes to create on Verbatim STORE N GO 4GB stick. Conclusion; the quality of the stick is essential for the performance.

EDIT: The no-name stick took about one hour.
 
Last edited:
anyone else have a problem with the nightly shutdown? i get a message about shutting down and when i chhose no it doesnt work?
 
yes its a bug that was present and fixed but seems to have returned

BTW Andy i tested this myself and was fine but i think since all these fixes have been made the autoshutdown has gone buggy again. mine is set to 3am yet i get it come up randomly and when i press no it doesnt go it reapears straight away. i have been monitoring this and have had it come up yesterday at 3.30pm and today at 5pm so my be worth looking at.
 
menu, setup, vix menu, auto standby

you need it though for the epg updates its explained in release notes

just set it to when your asleep

I am afraid this doesnt work for me. Although autostandby setting is disabled it still goes into standby at the time specified in the settings. I do not want the box to go in to standby ever as I use my trusty old dvd recorder to record as I prefer its ease of use. I have had to set the time to when I know I will be available to cancel it. Only problem I have with the image but it is a dealbreaker.
 
I am afraid this doesnt work for me. Although autostandby setting is disabled it still goes into standby at the time specified in the settings. I do not want the box to go in to standby ever as I use my trusty old dvd recorder to record as I prefer its ease of use. I have had to set the time to when I know I will be available to cancel it. Only problem I have with the image but it is a dealbreaker.

you can disable autostandby completely but i will warn you its needed for epg auto download
if you disable then you will have to manually download data for epg [crossepg only]

the setting bellow should work with restart after it
menu, setup, vix menu, auto standby
 
you can disable autostandby completely but i will warn you its needed for epg auto download
if you disable then you will have to manually download data for epg [crossepg only]




Thanks for the quick reply but that doesnt work for me. I have it "disabled" since I downloaded 1.3 on Sunday and for two nights at 1 am it turned itself off as I find out in the morning. I am probably unusual but I hardly ever use the epg.

Update: I have reread your post. I have tried one restart but I will try that again and see if it sorts it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
2 xtmes green screen...

Hi

Thanks for fixing the sat-info with the Kerni-HDIR2 skin.

I just encountered 2 other problems, the first by just selecting the next channel, the second by using the STB restart function.

See enclosed crashlogs....

btw my latest software update was early this afternoon...
 

Attachments

Thanks for the quick reply but that doesnt work for me. I have it "disabled" since I downloaded 1.3 on Sunday and for two nights at 1 am it turned itself off as I find out in the morning. I am probably unusual but I hardly ever use the epg.

Update: I have reread your post. I have tried one restart but I will try that again and see if it sorts it.

the fact that its playing up needs to be looked at so at the same time i'm sure andy will look at why its not disabling
 
Hey guys, as a recent convert from the dm800 and dream elite images, I have just noticed that the two little arrow keys by the numbers on the remote don't allow me to go backwards and forwards between previously viewed channels???

Is there a way to do this?? assuming people know what I mean?? lol!!
 
Hey guys, as a recent convert from the dm800 and dream elite images, I have just noticed that the two little arrow keys by the numbers on the remote don't allow me to go backwards and forwards between previously viewed channels???

Is there a way to do this?? assuming people know what I mean?? lol!!

I had the same problem. Just change the settings of the "panic button" to off and everything is back to normal.
 
I had the same problem. Just change the settings of the "panic button" to off and everything is back to normal.

Yep - no point in a "panic button" if your viewing history is available through using the arrow keys...
 
Anything wrong with the downloads..? "No new plugins" was the message I got when I tried the Plugins meny, and there was also an error in one of the other download-sections. Something about "Not able to lock..."

TV is occupied, so I can't be more specific for the moment...
 
Thanks for the quick reply but that doesnt work for me. I have it "disabled" since I downloaded 1.3 on Sunday and for two nights at 1 am it turned itself off as I find out in the morning. I am probably unusual but I hardly ever use the epg.

Update: I have reread your post. I have tried one restart but I will try that again and see if it sorts it.

did you restart gui, since turning it off, i have just found a bug, where it does not stop it untill you restart the gui. i will post fix for this soon, but i dont know why you cant say no i can with no prob, but i will test it more
 
Hi

Thanks for fixing the sat-info with the Kerni-HDIR2 skin.

I just encountered 2 other problems, the first by just selecting the next channel, the second by using the STB restart function.

See enclosed crashlogs....

btw my latest software update was early this afternoon...

ok both are just random crashes, what EPG data are you using ?, are you using a swap file ?
 
Anything wrong with the downloads..? "No new plugins" was the message I got when I tried the Plugins meny, and there was also an error in one of the other download-sections. Something about "Not able to lock..."

TV is occupied, so I can't be more specific for the moment...

i am uploading stuff the server for the beta team, it might be that
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top