Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX Team VU+ Duo Image v2.2 - 11/06/2011 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooface

V.I.P
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,731
Reaction score
25
Points
48

Yt1FM.png


New VIX Image VU+ Duo - v2.2
11/06/2011 - Open ViX 2.2
Based on Open PLi 2.0

attachment.php


From VIX Team

​

Enigma: 11-06-2011.
Enigma Plugins: 11-06-2011.
GCC Version: 4.4.4.
Drivers: 20110610.

ViX is now embedded within the image even more. A lot of settings have been moved out of the ViX menus, and incorporated within the image. Settings from previous images may not be 100% compatible, and it might be best to re-setup your image without restoring system settings for 100% reliability.

If you have previously used NetworkBrowser to mount network mounts, please remove '/etc/enigma2/automounts.xml' BEFORE tying to setup news ones.

Team ViX Enchancements

ViX Bootlogos, Radio Logo.
ViX Team Spinner.
ViX Team ViX_HD Skin.
ViX Team softcam manager - Lots of changes have been made here. You can now choose whether you want to check whether your cams are running by pressing menu in the softcam screen. You can also check the status of your cam checks by pressing the info button. Also, lots of behind the scenes checks to ensure no restarts of cams when it is actually running.
ViX Image Manager Update - This has been overhauled, and now has the option of creating a schedule to do daily, weekly or every 30 days backups for you.
ViX Cron Manager Update - This has been updated to allow more detailed and specific cron jobs to be created.
ViX Single EPG (with channel preview) - This has been updated to now support picons.
ViX Release notes - This is just a little screen within the Menu -> Information -> About, that appears when you press EPG/Info button, to tell you the latest updates for the image.
ViX Update Checker - This is a feature that lets you know of any available online updates by a little globe symbol in the infobar. This is set to check every 12 hours whether there are any updates for the image (can be changed in settings). If so, the icon will change from inactive to active...
ViX Logs Manager - This allows you to manager your crashlogs and system logs (if enabled). If you have a crash, you can email your bugs to us directly from the image. Go to Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs. When in the Logs Manager, you can edit the configuration to show your forum username, and your email address by pressing the Menu button. Please ensure you do this before submitting logs!
ViX Settings - These are now found in the main System Menu.
ViX Simple TV List - This is a simple selection to show your bouquet lists, just showing the channels and current event (if in EPG). To access the Simple TV List, do a long up/down arrow button press. You can customised it to be the default option instead of Full Screen Channel List, in which case, Up/Down buttons are reversed. It can also be set in the ViX Settings for the TV button.
AutoTimer plugin integrated into image - Create an AutoTimer (Series Link), using Blue button in Current Channel EPG info. This has been updated to use threading, so that it will work in the background. No more spinning when checking for lots of timers. Default behaviour has been changed so that it does not check in standby only, and will check every 30 minutes.
CCcamInfo - CCcamInfo plugin built directly in to image.
OscamInfo - OscamInfo plugin built directly in to image.
CrossEPG - Updated to latest release to allow better EPG importing.
Movie Player - Now, when playing a recorded item, you can search EPG and add Auto Timers for the particular recording. When watching your recording, press yellow to search the EPG, then press blue to add an AutoTimer.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red*** - Show current event.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - IMDB Database.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long Up/Down** - Open Simple TV List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.

** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Known Bugs

  • "Link-Icon" in network doesn't show up (= grey instead of green).
  • Radio mp3 stream crashes after some time (sometimes only > 1 hour). Once that occurs, TV is also without sound. A reboot is then required. There might be a relation with Shoutcast (in use or just installed).
  • A second subtitle in AVI, MP4 etc doesn't show up. Debugging in E2 just stops.
  • In Partnerbox (remote TV-Player) the audiobutton causes a crash.6

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
PLi Team for their great base image and allowing us to use it.
zoka.cc for his Picon sets
Coolman and all other developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image and DTT working


Screenshots

Startup:
attachment.php


Loading:
attachment.php


Shutting Down:
attachment.php


Radio:
attachment.php


About:
attachment.php


ViX Release Notes:
attachment.php


Softcam Manager:
attachment.php


ViX Menu:
attachment.php


Image Manager Setup:
attachment.php


Image Manager:
attachment.php


Cron Manager:
attachment.php


Single EPG:
attachment.php


Logs Menu:
attachment.php


Logs Settings:
attachment.php


Logs Manager:
attachment.php


Logs Manager Setup:
attachment.php


Simple TV List:
attachment.php


Extensions Menu:
attachment.php


EPG Menu:
attachment.php


EPG Settings:
attachment.php


Downloads

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9037-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-Image-v2.2-11-06-2011
 
Another great image, worth the wait.
 
Yes, thanks. But now I have to find a way to download the Benelux EPG....In a way that 2.2 shows it, that is.

EDIT 23:26 - I now understand that Rytec is doing things on the server during this weekend. So after 13/6 things must go good again. Not a VIX problem then, I think.
 
Last edited:
This is really a tasteful image with so many nice features. Thanks a lot to the VIX-team.

I have a few questions regarding some small issues I hope you can help me with.

When pressing the left/right button the ViX QuickEPG is opened as default. As stated above its possible to change this behavior in menu but I cant figure out where to do this.

In EPG Search window im missing the button to display historical searches. Is it somehow possible to bring it back?
 
I would like to know too how to set off that quickEPG. And I cannot find the settings to do that too.....
 
I've not had chance to install it myself yet but on the issue of the quickepg perhaps using multiquickbutton may help or perhaps someone can come up with a simpler option.
 
Solved, thanks. But another problem arose there. When I choose to use the real CoolTV EPG in that remote setup I get a green screen of death after I try the EPG button.
 
Solved, thanks. But another problem arose there. When I choose to use the real CoolTV EPG in that remote setup I get a green screen of death after I try the EPG button.

submit the crash log to us.
 
This is really a tasteful image with so many nice features. Thanks a lot to the VIX-team.

I have a few questions regarding some small issues I hope you can help me with.

When pressing the left/right button the ViX QuickEPG is opened as default. As stated above its possible to change this behavior in menu but I cant figure out where to do this.

In EPG Search window im missing the button to display historical searches. Is it somehow possible to bring it back?

in Setup --> System --> Remote Setup


whlst EPGSearch, press menu then choose Show search history
 
Hi Andy,

great image (as usual!). I saw you included a "Script Runner", something I asked you some time ago, thanks, but how does it work? Where should I put the script?

G
 
Solved, thanks. But another problem arose there. When I choose to use the real CoolTV EPG in that remote setup I get a green screen of death after I try the EPG button.

bug found, fix coming soon :).
 
Hi Andy,

great image (as usual!). I saw you included a "Script Runner", something I asked you some time ago, thanks, but how does it work? Where should I put the script?

G


in '/usr/scripts' :D, also CronManager will search this folder to to allow you setup cron job for them.
 
in '/usr/scripts' :D, also CronManager will search this folder to to allow you setup cron job for them.

That was my first thought but it didn't show in the list... Then I tried renaming it with a ".sh" extension and it was there! I usually don't give an extension to my scripts but now that I know I'll do that for the Script runner. Thanks!
G
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top