Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.3 - 19/11/2011

I am no techy with certain things, but would the new bootloader cause an issue with different vu box due to different revisions for example i have one of the 1st duo's with white remote, my brother, other brother and friend have the later one?
No problems whatsoever.
 
when i ssh to the box it asks for a password

i use root / blank and still prompts.??

SSH requires a password, use telnet to login until you setup a password using the 'passwd' command.
 
Fantastic image. Works a treat.

Thank you

-E2Royal-
 
Again, some more details please: what stick etc.
I'm using WiFi without any problem, also on ViX 2.2

Finally I found the right combination:
Router: D-Link DGL-4300, USB-dongle: D-Link DWL-0122 HWVerE1,FWVer5.00 with all the drivers installed.
Now my WiFi works as it shoud. Great!
 
hi problem in vix key changed left and right > < for subtitleplayer 3.09 for Back and forth lin subtitle key not work please help

This is a plugin problem and not a vix 2.3 image problem please remember also there has been a lot of driver changes made so some plugins will be affected

try contacting the subtitleplayer 3.09 maker DDamir if he can patch the plugin to work with vix 2.3
 
Finally I found the right combination:
Router: D-Link DGL-4300, USB-dongle: D-Link DWL-0122 HWVerE1,FWVer5.00 with all the drivers installed.
Now my WiFi works as it shoud. Great!
Good to hear you sorted it out.
Please remember: WiFi support is always very difficult. All kinds of manufacturers with all kinds of (different versions of) chip-sets, requiring different drivers. The same applies to other via USB connected hardware.
 
any reason why my OSD doesn't fill the entire screen any longer with 2.3?
I can still see parts of what it playing in the background and that doesnt work well when i am in EPG as i have the picture of whats on in the corner and they dont look right.

I have tried expanding it the screen under OSD but it doesnt expand the full way, it seems to stop for some reason.
 
Great job team, up and running in just 10 minutes. Having a few issues with the OSD, but sure will get there in the end. :thumbsup:
 
hi guys, well done on the new image looks very good, just 1 thing as far as i am concerned, opvenpn does not appear to autostart after a reboot (with autostart enabled). it may be me, anyone else having the same issue?

yes having the exact same problem, was just coming on to post.

If i go through the network setup openvpn shows as autostart started but then the actual openvpn as stopped. i can start it and it works fine and the tun0 shows up in ifconfig but i don't want to do that after everytime i reboot since i reboot once a day.
 
I didnt want my second post to be a question so I'll just say, thanks for the VIX image. I have not installed it yet but will soon no doubt. Currently running 2.2. Thanks again
 
I didnt want my second post to be a question so I'll just say, thanks for the VIX image. I have not installed it yet but will soon no doubt. Currently running 2.2. Thanks again

By all means ask as many questions as you like, be it you 2nd post or your 2000th, that's what we are here for. Although we always ask people to use the search facility where possible.
 
Many thanks.

OK Ive just installed the new image. First question . . . where do I find the Nova T drivers (USB DTT dongle)? They used to be available under plugins-download plugins-dvb. Not there anymore
 
yes having the exact same problem, was just coming on to post.

If i go through the network setup openvpn shows as autostart started but then the actual openvpn as stopped. i can start it and it works fine and the tun0 shows up in ifconfig but i don't want to do that after everytime i reboot since i reboot once a day.

can you send me config file i can test with ?
 
Many thanks.

OK Ive just installed the new image. First question . . . where do I find the Nova T drivers (USB DTT dongle)? They used to be available under plugins-download plugins-dvb. Not there anymore

moved to drivers-dib7000
 
can you send me config file i can test with ?

there are 5 files that I put onto the box

ca.crt
ta.key
username.crt
username.key
username.conf

are these the config files you mean or are you talking about different ones? This did all work with 2.2 BTW.
 
+1 on the new image VIX team!
I'm especially liking the 3d options :) Is there any consensus yet on the best setup for these options?
Can the Vu+Duo autodetect and switch to 3d mode?
I see there is an auto setting but it doesn't seem to do anything for me, yet when I switch that setting manually to Side by Side the TV autodetects the 3d mode and the display is correct.
Yet I still need to change the setting back to off or auto when I leave 3d viewing.

Just giving this question a little bit of a bump....
I'm curious as to what the auto setting does in the 3d OSD?
As when I have it set to auto it makes no difference to the output?
Yet when I play an SBS file or channel and switch to side by side via the VIX menu my TV autodetects the 3D and switches to the correct 3D mode, but when I play an SBS File/Channel with the VIX OSD set to Auto the TV doesn't autodetect?
Is the auto setting supposed to allow automatic detection and flagging of 3D content?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top