Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX Team VU+ Solo Image v2.2.100 - 21/07/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using Vix 2.2.100 on VU+ Duo. Added a new network mount but now keep getting green screen on boot. The bug points to CheckMountPointFinished() in Console.py getting 4 arguments when it expected exactly 2.

However, my bigger problem is that I can't get back in to undo my change. The box goes to green screen during bootup before I can get in. I didn't image the box so hope it doesn't come to reimaging.

Any suggestions on how to stop the full boot sequence so I can undo my change?

Ed
 
As a follow-up to my previous mail, I hadn't realised just how easy it is to re-install Vix so I've done that and am back working. Although not keen to try that drive mount again.
 
As a follow-up to my previous mail, I hadn't realised just how easy it is to re-install Vix so I've done that and am back working. Although not keen to try that drive mount again.


did you restore setting from another image ?, if so remove the file /etc/enigma2/automounts.xml and try again.
 
Hi. I am new to Linux. I have flashed my Vu+ Solo with Black Hole 1.6.6 but would like to change to ViX 2.2.100. However, when i insert the Vuplus/Solo USB stick with the 3 ViX files and turn on the mains I just see a 2 sec. red light then steady green and Black Hole boots as normal. I notice an extra folder called usr has been added to the stick. I have tried to load ViX several times without success. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?
 
Hi. I am new to Linux. I have flashed my Vu+ Solo with Black Hole 1.6.6 but would like to change to ViX 2.2.100. However, when i insert the Vuplus/Solo USB stick with the 3 ViX files and turn on the mains I just see a 2 sec. red light then steady green and Black Hole boots as normal. I notice an extra folder called usr has been added to the stick. I have tried to load ViX several times without success. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Flashing guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1148-How-to-flash-your-VU-Solo-with-USB-stick

Make sure you format the stick FAT32. Then create a folder called vuplus then another folder inside vuplus called solo then copy the flash files into there. So vuplus/solo/flash files.
 
Hi. I am new to Linux. I have flashed my Vu+ Solo with Black Hole 1.6.6 but would like to change to ViX 2.2.100. However, when i insert the Vuplus/Solo USB stick with the 3 ViX files and turn on the mains I just see a 2 sec. red light then steady green and Black Hole boots as normal. I notice an extra folder called usr has been added to the stick. I have tried to load ViX several times without success. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Download the image again it should not have a file called USR. The image is here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9742-ViX-Team-VU-Solo-Image-v2.2.100-21-07-2011
Do a quick format of the stick, and put the file on it and than follow the instructrions from Sic post.
 
I know as it booted up to the BH image, but he wants to reflash with VIX so must have only the image files on the stick and nothing else.
 
I know as it booted up to the BH image, but he wants to reflash with VIX so must have only the image files on the stick and nothing else.
Sorry, but no; that's no problem at all. You can have all kinds of folders and files, as long as the image-folder is OK. My flash-sticks are loaded with all kinds of stuff.
 
Have to disagree with you Rob as I had unbeknown additional folders on my stick from a failed flash and it would not flash with the new image and this was on the ET9K.
 
I can only repeat that my image-flash-sticks are always loaded with all kinds of files and folders and that I never had any problem with that (on DUO, UNO, ET5000 and also the new ET5x00). Needless to say that the image-folders must be correctly named and the image-files as well.
But indeed: if there are unexplainable problems it's a cheap try to delete all rubbish.
 
..... Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Probably nothing. Looks like the stick is not being recognised by the bootloader.
Try formatting it using the attached program: that way you're sure the stick is OK (needless to say that the image folder has to be copied to the stick after the format....). This has helped lots of people with the same problem.
 

Attachments

Probably nothing. Looks like the stick is not being recognised by the bootloader.
Try formatting it using the attached program: that way you're sure the stick is OK (needless to say that the image folder has to be copied to the stick after the format....). This has helped lots of people with the same problem.

Gentlemen, this is puzzling: I slow-formatted the Verbatim 4GB USB stick; created the vuplus folder with solo subfolder; and copied over the 3 image files. Then I went through the flash process with the same negative result: Black Hole booted yet again. Then I remembered I had a 6-year old 256MB USB stick in the drawer, so I thought I may as well repeat the process with this ...... and bingo! - ViX booted and I now have a lovely ViX screen.
Curiously, the first (unsuccessful) stick was the one I used to Install Black Hole: Why did it work that time? I notice this USB stick appears in Windows Explorer as "STORE N GO" (G:) whereas the old stick appears as Removable Disk (G:). I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Thanks for all your interest and suggestions.
 
Good!. But you didn't try the format-program I gave you for the "faulty" stick?
I can't see any reason this problem would be image-dependant.
 
Thank you brother Pooface.I am new for this great forum.I have purchased one VU+ SOLO

today.I want your help for update my box.I have little knowledge in this receiver.Can you help me?Thanks,good day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I'm well overdue a reflash and update to the latest VIX. Is there a new version on the horizon or shall I go ahead and reflash with current version?
 
Have to disagree with you Rob as I had unbeknown additional folders on my stick from a failed flash and it would not flash with the new image and this was on the ET9K.

i'm in agreement with rob on this one mate. my flash stick easily has 5 gig of files on it and it flashes the box first time every time. i have picons , epg data , many many image backups along with settings backups. all my plugins in .ipk format for safe keeping. config files and more. all i do is leave a image permanently in the vuplus folder on the stick in case i need to flash the box and all i need to do is press the CH+ button on the box at bootup. never had a problem at all in 7 months of using it this way but that is on the Uno.

Hi,

I'm well overdue a reflash and update to the latest VIX. Is there a new version on the horizon or shall I go ahead and reflash with current version?

just flash with the latest public version for now. as soon as we release 2.3 you will know about it. believe me on that one.
 
just flash with the latest public version for now. as soon as we release 2.3 you will know about it. believe me on that one.
Especially if you make a settings backup and use the restore wizard after the flash your system will be up & running in no time, without any hassle. In other words: there is never a good reason not to use the latest image :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top