Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX Team Vu+ Uno Image v2.3 - 19/11/2011

i'll start another thread as you suggest.

but it's not difficult to understand the method i use to down load the epg, i always use the RYVIX epg it's the main reason i use VIX images or as it's known as now XMLTV, because in general it's by far the best epg program, i get to that by the obvious method menu>setup>system>epg>epg importer, the sources are already setup so i just press the yellow button that sets the spinner off i get the ok to procede click "yes" and away it goes, only then to get to any given point the spinner comes on and stays on....... and it's just locked up again at the point i mentioned above.
 
Last edited:
i'll start another thread as you suggest.

but it's not difficult to understand the method i use to down load the epg, i always use the RYVIX epg it's the main reason i use VIX images or as it's known as now XMLTV, because in general it's by far the best epg program, i get to that by the obvious method menu>setup>system>epg>epg importer, the sources are already setup so i just press the yellow button that sets the spinner off i get the ok to procede click "yes" and away it goes, only then to get to any given point the spinner comes on and stays on....... and it's just locked up again at the point i mentioned above.

My preferred method is using Crossepg.

Use openTV sources for 28.2 and XEPGDB sources for anything else.

Also how many sources are you selecting?
 
Boss

i've used VIX images from day one and never had a problem with any either Ryvix or xmltv, they've been the most thorough and easy to use and populate all the sources i use 8 of them>>> /erotic/france/germany&austria/italy/greek in english/spain/sweden/and good old blighty ;).

as i type i've just tried a manual install again this time it's locked up in italy.

crossepg has never populated all my sats only XMLTV does that.

i've just had to pull the power it's locked up completely, you know me Boss if any one single person is going to get a problem it'll be me :D

regards: canthakit
 
Last edited:
Boss

i've used VIX images from day one and never had a problem with any of them, they've been the most thorough and easy to use and populate all the sources i use 8 of them>>> /erotic/france/germany&austria/italy/greek in english/spain/sweden/and good old blighty ;).

as i type i've just tried a manual install again this time it's locked up in italy.

crossepg has never populated all my sats only XMLTV does that.

i've just had to pull the power it's locked up completely, you know me Boss if any one single person is going to get a problem it'll be me :D

regards: canthakit

The problem you have is your selecting too many sources so it using to much memory importing them. Where are you storing the epg? Also the XMLTV uses rytec sources with can be slow. Also try lowering the days worth of epg your grabbing.
 
i used to use a 128 Meg swap now i've deactivated it.

but i have to say it worked exactly the same with or without:rolleyes:

so what i'll do is setup the swap again and try only downloading half the sources.

regards: canthackit
 
just tried again.

this time i never had a swap setup and only 5 sats, all went well until it got the the 4th one sweden.... off went the spinner for about 3 mins and then box just rebooted it's self...it never completed sweden or the final sat and nothing was saved.

so gonna try the same 5 sats but with a swap activated :eek:

regards: canthackit
 
Last edited:
would'nt let me setup a 96 meg swap.

so setup a 64 meg that worked.

setup sources>>>>>>>>>>germany/italy/spain/UK

downloaded no probs got 155231 events about the right number i'd say :D

so it would appear that i need to have a swap enabled and limit the amount of sources each time, it don't like to many sources at once (this is a bit of a pain having to keep chopping and changing)

regards: canthackit
 
Ive been using xmltv importer and i used to have similar problems as you apart from the rebooting but u are right, there seems to be a limit to how much you can download before ur box locks up. I did the same cut down number of sources and it seems to be perfect everytime now and i dont use a swap file either
 
To be fair the Uno has so much memory you should not need a swap file i never use one my self, also cutting down on the amount of sources always helps no matter what box.
 
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

all this posting and i'm in the wrong section:D:rolleyes:

sorry guy's i'm talking about the Duo :rolleyes:

regards: canthackit
 
Put this image on last night and wasn't very happy with it and reverted back to v2.2.
The initial problem was that it would not let me use the remote that I use for my VU solo (2.2 was fine for this). I had to use the UNO remote.
The other problem was the screen was not proportional, icons and text would not allign correctly when listing channels on my widescreen Samsung.
I did an update and I still couldn't correct the Screen sizing or remote issue.
This Image needs some serious work before I re-consider putting it on.
 
Put this image on last night and wasn't very happy with it and reverted back to v2.2.
The initial problem was that it would not let me use the remote that I use for my VU solo (2.2 was fine for this). I had to use the UNO remote.
The other problem was the screen was not proportional, icons and text would not allign correctly when listing channels on my widescreen Samsung.
I did an update and I still couldn't correct the Screen sizing or remote issue.
This Image needs some serious work before I re-consider putting it on.


well the image has already had a lot of serious work put into it but we did not take those who cant read instructions into consideration
you have to setup your OSD = on screen display when you flash to 2.3.
menu/setup/system/OSD/OSD setup.

also if your problem is with the solo why have you posted in the uno thread ?
 
All the serious work has been done, but apparently you didn't even try to correct those items:

The 2.3 release for the UNO comes with a number of plugins;
1- One plugin is for changing the R/C code. So you could easily have changed it to code 1 (which is the code for the DUO/Solo R/C);
2- Another is the OSD-settings plugin, allowing the OSD to be adjusted for the amount overscan your TV is using.

I have no problem whatsoever if you don't like an image, but please give it a fair chance and ask for help if you encounter any problem. We are happy to help you; that is part of our serious work.
 
well the image has already had a lot of serious work put into it but we did not take those who cant read instructions into consideration
you have to setup your OSD = on screen display when you flash to 2.3.
menu/setup/system/OSD/OSD setup.

also if your problem is with the solo why have you posted in the uno thread ?

The problem is on my Uno, but I also have a Solo downstairs and use the remote on both boxes and the Solo one does not work on the UNO with v2.3
I'm not having a 'dig', just stating that it has'nt worked for me despite all the fiddling around even with the OSD settings.
V2.2 is good enough at the moment, so I might as well give 2.3 a miss for now.
Hope that makes things clearer.
 
Put this image on last night and wasn't very happy with it and reverted back to v2.2.
The initial problem was that it would not let me use the remote that I use for my VU solo (2.2 was fine for this). I had to use the UNO remote.
The other problem was the screen was not proportional, icons and text would not allign correctly when listing channels on my widescreen Samsung.
I did an update and I still couldn't correct the Screen sizing or remote issue.
This Image needs some serious work before I re-consider putting it on.
This last bit is a very harsh thing to say and theres honestly no need for it. I understand your having issues and i know how frustrating that can be but nothing in life on the most part is perfect, with that said the ViX team have done an absolute fantastic job on v2.3 and serious work has gone into making the image what is it, Its by far the best image that i have used.

I feel its a great improvement on v2.2 and i'm very very happy with it, Yes for other users there maybe one or two issues but the forums are here for you to ask for help if you have no luck fixing it yourself or you haven't found the solution via searching the forums, i myself have asked for help before and the ViX team and other users have been very quick and helpful.. I personally feel this image for me and for the vast majority of people i'm sure is near on perfect and the ViX_Night_HD skin is the cherry to top it all off along with sliverfox0786's picon's for me
 
I took on board what you have said and tried the new 2.3 image on the vu solo and it worked great.
I'll have another go at putting 2.3 on the UNO tonight and let you know how I get on.
 
Hi guys,

I have installed ViX 2.3 on an Uno for a friend. As soon as I change the skin from Day HD to Night HD, the machine crashes when I try to record anything.

When using Day HD skin, records perfectly. I have the crash log if anyone would be kind enough to look at it for me.

Many thanks.
 
Post up the crash logs here or use log manager to send them to us.
 
Hi Stan,

As you can see, i'm new to this forum! Can I just copy and paste the contents in here?
 
No the log is likely to exceed the characters allowed in the post.

You better of downloading it to your desktop using filezilla and attaching it to your post
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top