Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno] Vix3-316 can not display subtitle

cbr900

New member
Joined
Jun 3, 2010
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
53
Hi

I have a shared folder with movies...i can play them with subtitle in the old releases but not with this 1

I access my pc folder via samba

Please help
 
Now, with 319 build...the english subtitles work.

Whoever, the Arabic subtitles displayed as unknown characters...

Please help
 
Now, with 319 build...the english subtitles work.

Whoever, the Arabic subtitles displayed as unknown characters...

Please help

Still same problem with build 321

Please help


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
sounds like font issues, or skin issues what skin you using ?

I did not change the skin...i am using:
Vix_Night_HD

How to change the font? Please
 
Last edited:
I did not change the skin...i am using:
Vix_Night_HD

How to change the font? Please

look in /etc/share/fonts and /etc/share/enigma2/skin_subtitles.xml you will se that 'valis_enigma.ttf' is being used, try to a your own TTF font into /usr/share/fonts and then change the xml file to the new font name, and restart e2
 
I change the font 2 times and reflected the change in /etc/share/enigma2/skin_subtitles.xml and did not work...still getting unknown characters. :(

If Iam not wrong it was working ok with build 268 or 275


please help
 
Last edited:
I change the font 2 times and reflected the change in /etc/share/enigma2/skin_subtitles.xml and did not work...still getting unknown characters. :(

If Iam not wrong it was working ok with build 268 or 275


please help

I just tried both build 268 or 275 and same problem with characters...:(
 
I just tried both build 268 or 275 and same problem with characters...:(

whats channel and satellite if i have access to it will try. i have 28.2, 23.5, 19.2, 13.0
 
Even if not those sats, let us know. Quite a few of the team have motors, so we can test on behalf of Andy...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2
 
I think I did not express the problem in a clear way....

The problem:

I have .mkv movies with .srt files in my hdd in my PC (win7 64bit)

The .srt files are Arabic subtitle files.

I have access to these files using samba from my uno.

And I can play the mkv files without problem.

The problem is the Arabic subtitles are displayed as unknown characters.

please help
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top