Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GI-XPEED LX3] Volume turning itself down

I think Abu has an LX3 as does Norman. I'll ask them to look here and see if they can test.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Just to update I'm just trying the latest OpenHDF and so far I've not seen any random volume down commands on this image either.
 
Here's a copy of ActionMap.py that will log a traceback every time it gets a volumeDown request.

Put it into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ (Take a copy of the existing ActionMap.pyo file, so that you can put it back in place once there is some info produced).

View attachment ActionMap.zip
 
Thank-you very much @birdman - I'm just reflashing back to OpenViX now so will get the output up as soon as I see it happen :)
 
Just for reference I manually pressed the button and I got the following:

Code:
<   139.658> [eInputDeviceInit] 1 72 1
<   139.659> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 114
<   139.659> [ActionMap] GlobalActions volumeDown
<   139.664>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 693, in <module>
<   139.664>     runScreenTest()
<   139.664>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 536, in runScreenTest
<   139.664>     runReactor()
<   139.664>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 122, in runReactor
<   139.664>     reactor.run(installSignalHandlers=False)
<   139.664>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1195, in run
<   139.665>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1207, in mainLoop
<   139.665>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/e2reactor.py", line 150, in doPoll
<   139.665>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/e2reactor.py", line 40, in poll
<   139.665>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 50, in action
<   139.665>     traceback.print_stack()
<   139.665> [eDVBVolumecontrol] Setvolume: raw: 95 95, -1db: 4 4
<   139.666> [Volume] setValue 95
<   139.850> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 72 1
<   139.851> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 114

And then this is what I get when a random one happens:

Code:
<   727.660> [eInputDeviceInit] 1 72 1
<   727.661> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 114
<   727.661> [ActionMap] GlobalActions volumeDown
<   727.663>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 693, in <module>
<   727.663>     runScreenTest()
<   727.663>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 536, in runScreenTest
<   727.663>     runReactor()
<   727.663>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 122, in runReactor
<   727.663>     reactor.run(installSignalHandlers=False)
<   727.663>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1195, in run
<   727.663>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1207, in mainLoop
<   727.663>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/e2reactor.py", line 150, in doPoll
<   727.664>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/e2reactor.py", line 40, in poll
<   727.664>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 50, in action
<   727.664>     traceback.print_stack()
<   727.664> [eDVBVolumecontrol] Setvolume: raw: 90 90, -1db: 7 7
<   727.665> [Volume] setValue 90
<   727.665> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 72 1
<   727.666> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 114

This is on a completely clean USB flash of 5.0.016 with nothing restored and set up as a new box.

I actually saw the volume go down on it's own during the setup wizard screen!

Config wise I configured the motor with the longtude and latitude on tuner A, tuner B configured as second cable of motorised dish and tuners C&D not connected, pointed the EPG to the HDD, ran ABM set to North West Yorkshire and with SD and HD swapped and enabled debug logging to the hdd - everything else should be default.
 
Last edited:
I've got a book pushed up right against the front of the receiver so should be blocking IR - the remote doesn't work from anywhere I can fire it in the room anyway but I got another entry in the log:

Code:
<  1378.056> [eInputDeviceInit] 1 72 1
<  1378.057> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 114
<  1378.057> [ActionMap] GlobalActions volumeDown
<  1378.059>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 693, in <module>
<  1378.059>     runScreenTest()
<  1378.059>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 536, in runScreenTest
<  1378.059>     runReactor()
<  1378.059>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 122, in runReactor
<  1378.059>     reactor.run(installSignalHandlers=False)
<  1378.059>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1195, in run
<  1378.059>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 1207, in mainLoop
<  1378.059>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/e2reactor.py", line 150, in doPoll
<  1378.060>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/e2reactor.py", line 40, in poll
<  1378.060>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 50, in action
<  1378.060>     traceback.print_stack()
<  1378.060> [eDVBVolumecontrol] Setvolume: raw: 85 85, -1db: 10 10
<  1378.061> [Volume] setValue 85
<  1378.126> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 72 1
<  1378.127> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 114
 
I just realised the buttons on the front panel of the LX3 are volume up and down too just to complicate things (I've never used them before other than for flashing!)

Although if that front panel was failing I'd have expected it to have affected OpenATV and OpenHDF too which it didn't.
 
Going to try a fresh flash of 5.0.013 next to see if that has the problem.
 
Might be a dodgy contact on the front panel, maybe? You seem to have eliminated an IR source by blocking the sensor and any external influence by closing router ports. Only things left are LAN or fault in the front panel.
 
You'd have thought so but so far the problem only manifests on OpenViX 5.0.14 or 5.0.16 - I've reverted to 5.0.13 and it's early days yet (the box has only been up an hour) and it hasn't shown the problem.

It ran for hours on OpenATV and OpenHDF without the issue too yesterday which suggests it could be something that's crept in since 5.013 was released?

Are there any other images which are very similar to ViX I could try please just to try and lock it down a bit?
 
Strange all right. Best to leave it on 5.0.13 for an extended period to ensure the problem is definitely image related.
 
I always get the weird women and the weird problems (though don't tell the wife that :D)
 
Pity you can't swap your wife as easily as you can swap an image.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You've got me thinking I need a new bird now for a day or two :D

The box has been up for 3.5 hours on OpenViX 5.0.013 now with no sign of the issue yet - I'll give it 24 hours to see what happens!
 
All ok for 7 hours now and counting on 5.0.013 :)
 
Up for 22 hours with no issues on 5.0.13 so definitely looks like it's something in 5.014 that causes it
 
Last edited:
OK now I'm massively confused - I just upgraded the bootloader to 4.0 which gives onscreen information about the flashing process and after the box booted back up to ViX 5.0.013 the volume has started turning down almost instantly! WTF.

I am starting to think it is something to do with the hardware going tits up.

Just about to try Egami 8.0.2 as a matter of interest to see if that does it.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top