Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GI-XPEED LX3] Volume turning itself down

OK same problem in Egami 8.0.2!

Back to OpenATV to see if that is doing it as well now.

I can only think it's a physical problem with the front panel that's slowly getting worse - bizarre it was fine for 24 hours until the box was rebooted, although on the flip side I did press the up button to flash the bootloader so could be it's sticking.

The front panel has been totally cleaned btw.
 
Last edited:
I can't seem to enable debug logs on Egami but it is definitely doing the same thing.

Front panel is covered and the network link is down and it still does it.
 
From what I recall of using egami, there didn't seem to be a debug log option. I think you're chasing shadows with a software cause and you should concentrate on hardware. When you say the front panel was totally cleaned - how? Normally the front panels of these boxes don't get used much, apart from the occasional re-flash where you need to hold in a button, so the buttons don't really get a hammering. Was something spilled on the box?
 
No mate it's in a hifi rack and nothing has touched it - when I say cleaned just with a dry microfibre cloth in case there was any dust on it :)
 
Love this thread. It's like a proper whodunnit. Can't wait to find out what the culprit is. :thumbsup::confused:
 
I just realised the buttons on the front panel of the LX3 are volume up and down too just to complicate things
Maybe one of these buttons is slightly depressed and is making occasional contact?
 
It's a kind of touch panel so does look like it's going to end up being that at fault - just logging a ticket now :)

Mega strange it was fine with OpenATV and OpenHDF for as long as it was and always tripped up when I went back to ViX - I'll go back to OpenATV as there's a chance the prodding of the panel causes it to start going haywire when each flash is done.

Saying that the front panel never gets used so it starting to turn itself down I guess is the sign of it slowly starting to fail. It's certainly been a random one!
 
Do the front panel buttons actually change the volume in OpenATV when you press them?
 
When you press them yes they work fine and log the same as the remote button press.

I noticed the latest OpenViX versions are using a newer kernel than OpenATV.

OpenViX 5.0.016 - Linux xpeedlx3 3.14.2 #1 SMP Sat Apr 22 16:21:03 BST 2017 mips GNU/Linux
OpenATV 6 - Linux xpeedlx3 3.14.2 #1 SMP Tue Feb 14 03:48:43 CET 2017 mips GNU/Linux

They show as the same version but with a different build date.

OpenViX & Egami both started turning the volume down while in the setup wizard screens and so far nothing on ATV again so far.

I've tried pressing volume up and down on the front panel to see if it will start triggering the automatic volume down to kick in.
 
Finally - after much fiddling it's doing it in OpenATV now too - looks like it is the front panel on the way out then so a warranty job.

From the OpenATV debug logs:

Code:
11:45:49.8547 [   ] driver/rcinput.cpp:38 handleCode 1 72 1
11:45:49.8565 {   } Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py:208 actionA KEY: 114 0 KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
11:45:49.8571 {   } Components/ActionMap.py:46 action action ->  GlobalActions volumeDown
11:45:49.8576 [   ] dvb/volume.cpp:152 setVolume Setvolume: 98 98 (raw)
11:45:49.8578 [   ] dvb/volume.cpp:158 setVolume [AUDIO_SET_MIXER] Setvolume left: 2 right: 2 (-1db)
11:45:49.8582 {   } Screens/Screen.py:151 show [SCREENNAME]  Volume
11:45:49.8599 {   } Screens/Volume.py:13 setValue setValue 98
11:45:49.8604 [   ] driver/rcinput.cpp:38 handleCode 0 72 1
11:45:49.8624 {   } Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py:208 actionA KEY: 114 1 KEY_VOLUMEDOWN

I guess me flashing images and pressing the up button was doing something to the panel which is why sometimes it would be ok post flash and other times not - it was just pure coincidence it was ok with OpenATV and OpenHDF.

Thanks for the help guys but at least now it's looking a bit clearer what the issue is :)

On the plus side I know how to fully configure a lot more images now!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top