Thanks birdman. I'm just reminding others that the only way to get VPS working is to use the AutoTimer function. Actually, AutoTimer can mess with VPS when it comes to recording an event. What VPS does when it is preparing a recording is that it modifies the start time in timers.xml by advancing it a minute ahead of actual time if it hasn't seen the event change flag. This holds off the start of the recording. It keeps advancing the start time until it sees the flag and then it sets the start time before the current real time and this triggers the recording to start immediately. This works pretty well most of the time. However, if the AutoTimer interval expires (default 30 minutes) during this period when VPS is advancing the start time, it may alter the start time to the original scheduled start time which may be in the past and the recording will start immediately. I have had this happen a couple of times. It's not a big deal as the effect is to have a longer padding before the programme starts. VPS will hold off the end of the recording until it sees the next programme flag. I suppose there is a possibility that AutoTimer could mess with the end of the recording, but my AutoTimer interval is set to 75 minutes, so I haven't actually seen any issues in that regard. Apologies for the ramble, but just to confirm that VPS works pretty well on 28.2 sat and terrestrial for me using AutoTimer or instant record. Manual timer setting doesn't work.