Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VPS geht nicht

No idea then why I see different, I'll start again from scratch.

Tried again and even went back to 5.3.020, but I still can't get a one off timer to default to vps=on when it's been setup to do so via the plugin menu.
 
Discussing what did and didn't happen in 5.3 is fairly moot.

We're looking at 5.4.

In 5.4 it will show up in AutoTimers, (as there is code to put it into the menu) whereas in Timers it won't (as there is no such code).

So the only way that 5.3 can come into it is see whether any code relating to VPS was removed between there and 5.4. There's nothing obvious....
 
Last edited:
Discussing what did and didn't happen in 5.3 is fairly moot.

We're looking at 5.4.


In 5.4 it will show up in AutoTimers, (as there is code to put it into the menu) whereas in Timers it won't (as there is no such code).

So the only was that 5.3 can come into it is see whether any code relating to VPS was removed between there and 5.4.

I do understand that. But what does/doesn't work between releases kind of makes sense to me, and I'm seeing different scenarios to others.

It's often easier to see what is there, rather than what isn't.
 
I've just downloaded and old 5.3.020 (openvix-5.3.020.001.developer-et8000_usb.zip) and unpacked it.

I then searched for all files containing the string "vps" in ANY case.
[gmllaptop]: find -type f -name '*.pyo' | xargs grep -li vps
./usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer/AutoTimerComponent.pyo
./usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer/AutoTimer.pyo
./usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer/AutoTimerEditor.pyo
./usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer/AutoTimerResource.pyo
./usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer/AutoTimerConfiguration.pyo
./usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/i18n.pyo
./usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/views/responsive/ajax/at.pyo
./usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/views/responsive/ajax/edittimer.pyo
./usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/views/ajax/at.pyo
./usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/views/ajax/edittimer.pyo
./usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/models/timers.pyo
./usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/web.pyo
./usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/ajax.pyo
So nothing there to put anything into a Timer menu. Just the unrelated code for AutoTimer and OpenWebIF.
And nothing (significant) changed in the VPS plugin between Sep 2017 and Oct 2020 (the bootloop fix, which is also nothing ot do with menu entries).
 
I do understand that. But what does/doesn't work between releases kind of makes sense to me, and I'm seeing different scenarios to others.
But it's of no use to me as I can't see how what is being described could have worked with the current code, or with the code I can see that was around for 5.3.

Is (was) there another VPS plugin somewhere?
 
But it's of no use to me as I can't see how what is being described could have worked with the current code, or with the code I can see that was around for 5.3.

Is (was) there another VPS plugin somewhere?

I'll restore my image and tell you in 10 mins
 
Solo4k OpenViX 5.3.039 (2020-07-19)
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-vps (5.3+git6850+5bbb4eb-r0)
systemplugins-vps
 
The VPS plugin does intercept the TimerEntry createSetup() call.

Which is (presumably) why it shows up when editing a Timer set up by an AutoTimer.

So the question is why it doesn't show up for a stand-alone Timer.

I'm looking now....

Looks as though the code change that led to the boot loop (not the fix...) might have changed something.
< 8882.2884> 18:55:55.5307 ('[VPS-Plugin] VPS-plugin error:', AttributeError("'TimerEntry' object has no attribute 'session'",))
< 8882.2886> 18:55:55.5309 Traceback (most recent call last):
< 8882.2888> 18:55:55.5311 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/vps/Modifications.py", line 152, in new_TimerEntry_createConfig
< 8882.2899> 18:55:55.5322 elif config.plugins.vps.vps_default.value != "no" and self.timer.eit is not None and self.timer.name != "" and self.timer not in self.session.nav.RecordTimer.timer_list and self.timer not in self.session.nav.RecordTimer.processed_timers:
< 8882.2902> 18:55:55.5326 AttributeError: 'TimerEntry' object has no attribute 'session'

PS: This looks like progress.
 
Last edited:
I might have a (1-line) solution.

Just have to ask a question of the author(s) of that change.
 
Last edited:
Which change?

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/04f7701db4b5f42c393029119be905be97acb49a#diff-cb3c1e4116eb33ab0259981c4e00e40397eb470ef158671ddc07189fd5fd0645

The question is in the comments.
 
Have you tried adding "self.session = session" in the __init__() to see if it fixes the problem?
 
Have you tried adding "self.session = session" in the __init__() to see if it fixes the problem?
Yes, as I noted in the comments section to the PR.

I need to know whether there was a good reason that the session parameter was ignored or if it was just an oversight.
 
Gordon, where in the VPS code is TimerEntry ever instantiated?
 
Weird.
Having got that traceback report I've changed something somewhere (in my VPS config?) and it has gone away.

EDIT: It's back. So there ARE two issues.

I now get another one - which may be the "real" problem:

< 3774.5392> 23:53:38.8733 Traceback (most recent call last):
< 3774.5394> 23:53:38.8735 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/vps/Modifications.py", line 200, in new_TimerEntry_createSetup
< 3774.5397> 23:53:38.8738 self.timerVps_enabled_Entry = getConfigListEntry(_("Enable VPS"), self.timerentry_vpsplugin_enabled)
< 3774.5399> 23:53:38.8740 AttributeError: 'TimerEntry' object has no attribute 'timerentry_vpsplugin_enabled'
(although given my ability to find real bugs in the wrong places, it might not be).
 
Last edited:
Everything to do with the settings in the VPS plugin cause issues elsewhere. Try turning on the "wake from standby" setting (I'm paraphrasing as I don't have a device active) in the VPS config menu. When the device boots it doesn't go into standby; it activates a tuner and leaves it active. My normal PowerTimer settings to deep shut down the box if it is 20 minutes in standby won't work as the box remains active. In order to get unattended recordings to work I leave the "wake from standby" setting off in the VPS config and just let the normal timer settings wake the box from deep standby.
 
Everything to do with the settings in the VPS plugin cause issues elsewhere.
There are current issues with the code, so don't be surprised that there are other problems.
Try turning on the "wake from standby" setting (I'm paraphrasing as I don't have a device active) in the VPS config menu. When the device boots it doesn't go into standby;
The same can be true about running a recording. Some (many/most/all) boxes do not know why they have woken up and have to make a guess. It can be wrong.

My normal PowerTimer settings to deep shut down the box if it is 20 minutes in standby won't work as the box remains active.
No idea what this is meant to be doing. Let's solve the problems one at a time.

In order to get unattended recordings to work I leave the "wake from standby" setting off in the VPS config and just let the normal timer settings wake the box from deep standby.
Unless you expect a programme to suddenly be brought forward, this strikes me as a sensible way to run anyway.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top