Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu duo Disecq switch help please anyone

  • Thread starter Thread starter tony-d
  • Start date Start date
T

tony-d

Guest
Morning forum

Just a quick question I have just flashed by vu duo + twin tuner box with vix software I am a newbie by the way so please excuse any stupid questions.
I am setting up my box with various info on this site and I must say the site is fantastic. My question is I have sky dish and a dish pointing at hot bird. Do I need a Disecq switch if so which one should I get to be able to record and watch from sky and still have my hot bird working?

I was going to buy a 4x1 switch but I'm not sure it's what I need. Any advice would be great.
 
Morning thanks for the quick reply.

My setup is 2 cables from a sky dish and one cable from my hot bird dish.

Thanks
 
A tuner can only be locked onto one quadrant of one particular satellite.The quadrants are high, low, horiziontal and vertical. Generally speaking for viewing, it is also a tranponder, not the quadrant.

If you have two satellites/LNBs on a tuner, that tuner can only receiver chanenls from teh one quadrant from the one satellite. If you were watching ZDF, that tuner will not be avialble for any 28.2 services.

Equally, if you were recording BBC news on the tuner with the diseqc switch, the 13e services would not be available to you. This is is becasue the tuner is occupied.


It might be better to change the LNB on the 13e dish so you have more than one output and also have have two diseqc switches. That way both tuners can access both sateilltes.

You only have acces to two satellites/LNBs, so a two port DiSeqc is adeqaute. However, I'd buy a four port one just in case you want to add a third LNB pointing at 19E.
 

Attachments

  • diseqc twin tuner 2 dish.webp
    diseqc twin tuner 2 dish.webp
    15 KB · Views: 9

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top