Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ DUO locking up - Crash Log

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ch4ni
  • Start date Start date
C

Ch4ni

Guest
Hi I have vu+ Duo with 2.1 image, it locks up every few days with the VIX symbol spinning, the only way to get out of this state is to switch the unit off and on again. When the unit locks up it generates a crash log I have included this here. Please advise why the unit is locking up like this.

View attachment enigma2_crash_1311598927.log
 
I'd recommend to re-flash fresh. Dont install Cooltv guide, theres no need for it with ViX EPG Guide and ViX EPG Guide is faster.

Dont install any plugins apart from whatever softcam you use.
 
you are trying to use the plugin CoolTVGuide by Coolman, this plugin is NOT fully compatible with ViX it works 90% but there are some stuff in it that is not compatible the the ViX images, and as the plugin is closed source i can't fix it.

Either ask the developer to make the plugin open source or ask him to fix it for ViX.

or you can just remove the CoolTVGuide plugin and just use the ViX EPG.

Andy.
 
you are trying to use the plugin CoolTVGuide by Coolman, this plugin is NOT fully compatible with ViX it works 90% but there are some stuff in it that is not compatible the the ViX images, and as the plugin is closed source i can't fix it.

Either ask the developer to make the plugin open source or ask him to fix it for ViX.

or you can just remove the CoolTVGuide plugin and just use the ViX EPG.

Andy.

Hi Andy, I installed CoolTVGuide but never used it always used the ViX EPG, I have now removed the CoolTVGuide. I have problem with the unit in that every few days it locks ups with the VIX symbol spinning and the only way to get out of this mode is to switch the unit off and on again. I have tried a number of images from v.1.4 all the way up to 2.2 and I still have this problem. I have USB drive where picons are located and have swap enabled with 32mB, use the opentv as EPG source.

Any advise what could be causing this?
 
I'd advise re-flashing the unit, cooltv might have left something behind, only install a softcam and upto date settings/bouquets. Then enable the system logs and post a log the next time it locks up.
 
Am having the same problem. Any help will be appreciated thanks.
 

Attachments

bazeze what channe list you using? Also id recommend doing a reflash of vix and doing a full online updte first and then load a new set of ur channel list. Also make sure ur devices are mounted correctly
 
bazeze what channe list you using? Also id recommend doing a reflash of vix and doing a full online updte first and then load a new set of ur channel list. Also make sure ur devices are mounted correctly

Am using catseye, did a reflash yesterday but put back the same setting.My hard drive is munted correctly but for some reason sometime the hdd comes up as R/O rather than R/W
 
Am having the same problem. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

Code:
IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device: '/usr/share/enigma2/ViX_HD/skin.xml.tmp'


your flash is full, that is the cause
 
Code:
IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device: '/usr/share/enigma2/ViX_HD/skin.xml.tmp'


your flash is full, that is the cause

@Andyblac: What is the solution, reflash?or is there another way out. Thanks
 
Now reflash but still after restart the box. Hdd comes up as read only and can't record.I unmount the hard drive and then remount. when i restart same thing.
 
Now reflash but still after restart the box. Hdd comes up as read only and can't record.I unmount the hard drive and then remount. when i restart same thing.

Remove your HDD, connect to PC and delete all partitions, then re-connect to receiver and re-initilize. You will loose all your data though.
 
Remove your HDD, connect to PC and delete all partitions, then re-connect to receiver and re-initilize. You will loose all your data though.

I have no partition, Is there another way? i have so much on my hdd don't want to loose my collection.Unless there is no way out.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top