Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ Duo updates are hanging

  • Thread starter Thread starter beermat
  • Start date Start date
B

beermat

Guest
Hi all,

I hadn't updated my Vu+ Duo for about 4 months. I checked online for updates and it reported 120 packages were available.

I started the online update and nearly an hour had passed and the screen was still displaying the update message. I waited for a bit longer and then decided the process had hung and powered off and on the Vu+.

When the box restarted it nothing worked. I was unable to display the menu or any channels.

I telneted to the box and ran the update command from the cli. It took ages for the download to run and I lost my session when the SSH daemon was restarted. I was unable to connect to the box after this so I waited for about 20 minutes and then restarted the box. Again I was unable to view any programmes but I was able to access the menu button and performed a restore.

The problem I have is that the online update still says that there are 123 packages to update. The box is telling me it is running version 632 but I think that something is not right and this is due to the incomplete updates via the online process and via telnet.

If I try to run any updates now they just hang and I have to go via the telnet process again which hangs at SSH daemon restarting etc etc

Any ideas what I should do from here?

TIA
 
The latest version is 632 which is what my box is saying it is running. Will a flash still work in this instance?
 
Yes but you're update was ridiculously big. Because of this something has gone wrong. To be safe and to know exactly where you're box is at, you will be better off doing a fresh flash. It only takes minutes.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Thanks for your help. In the end I had to flash the new version and then reconfigure the device from scratch.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top