Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu Duo ViX 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1) 25-12-2011

  • Thread starter Thread starter silverfox0786
  • Start date Start date
dfdream,
They are for the DUO (bm750) itself and just ftp them in to - lib/modules/3.1.1/extra - but I would backup the old drivers first. Then just reboot the box to invoke them. That's it, nothing else to be done.
 
stick50jr,
Im confused. Are the drivers on the link for the tuner or for the DUO itself.
In other words if I do a clean build and install the drivers on the link will the tuner work or do I need to install the sundtek drivers as well.

D

The drivers that I updated are for the VUDUO (aka BM750).
The specific link is http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/vuplus-dvb-modules-bm750-3.1.1-4.4.3-20120126.tar.gz

You need to extract the three files from the tarball and FTP them into the correct location.
First backup the current three driver files located at /lib/modules/3.1.1/extra, then copy the new ones to this location and then reboot/restart.

If you already had your tuner's device drivers installed then they'll still be there. You asked me what device I had, so my previous reply provided that detail along with the comment that the (device) drivers were accessed from the ViX build 204 feed. These comments were in answer to your question even though they are not really relevant to your situation. Hope that removes the confusion.

The improvement is holding up to my first impression:thumbsup: I think they really have nailed the problems that have dogged my usb tuner ever since I purchased it (> 1 year). Now I have the convenience of a true four tuner (2 x dvb-s2, 2 x dvb-t) system for recording and viewing all sorts of video sources. I think I've finally got what I expected when I bought the Vuduo:)

cheers
 
Last edited:
The improvement is holding up to my first impression:thumbsup: I think they really have nailed the problems that have dogged my usb tuner ever since I purchased it (> 1 year).

I installed these drivers and my impression is the opposite - my system has hung on twice in the past 25 minutes when changing from Sat channel to DTT
 
I installed these drivers and my impression is the opposite - my system has hung on twice in the past 25 minutes when changing from Sat channel to DTT

Sorry to hear this. I imagined that the progress was more general... what dtt device are you using?
 
Hi I'm new to VIX and relatively new to enigma stb's. Is there a guide somewhere that explains the out of the box features in this release? E.g. What are the Swap manager, when would i like to use it etc.
 
on vti4 with sundteck usb DVB-T stick in rear usb slot, i have upgraded to the drivers as suggest.
so far so good.
if this keeps up I might have to go back to VIX
 
I installed 2.3 build 204 this morning and updated the drivers above and rebooted (btw the link for me was dead).
I firstly tried quick channel change and channels all went black. Slow change or using the channel list had no issue.
Recorded 3 dtt channels and playback of one of them at the same time and all went ok.
I then stopped the recordings and watched sat channel for 10 mins went back to DTT and the channels were all black again.

Had to reboot to sort. Switched back to 2.3 build 133 and all is fine(ish) again.

Ive no reason to update to newer vwrsion so I will wait until alot of new features appear and deal with the dtt issue then.


D

Sorry to hear this. I imagined that the progress was more general... what dtt device are you using?
 
Sorry to hear this. I imagined that the progress was more general... what dtt device are you using?

I have a Hauppauge Nova-T WinTV.

The problem is definitely connected to permanent time shift. I changed the settings so that PTS it starts 10 seconds after changing channel - when I change to a DTT channel, the hanging problem starts after 10 seconds. I've switched PTS off and haven't had a problem since.

Note - PTS is saving to the /media/hdd, not a USB device.
 
I have a Hauppauge Nova-T WinTV.

The problem is definitely connected to permanent time shift. I changed the settings so that PTS it starts 10 seconds after changing channel - when I change to a DTT channel, the hanging problem starts after 10 seconds. I've switched PTS off and haven't had a problem since.

Note - PTS is saving to the /media/hdd, not a USB device.

Okay... that's something I don't use though I do occasionally use timeshift (non-permanent).

I installed 2.3 build 204 this morning and updated the drivers above and rebooted (btw the link for me was dead).
I firstly tried quick channel change and channels all went black. Slow change or using the channel list had no issue.
Recorded 3 dtt channels and playback of one of them at the same time and all went ok.
I then stopped the recordings and watched sat channel for 10 mins went back to DTT and the channels were all black again.

Had to reboot to sort. Switched back to 2.3 build 133 and all is fine(ish) again.

Ive no reason to update to newer vwrsion so I will wait until alot of new features appear and deal with the dtt issue then.

D

Thanks for the feedback... I hope that andyblac and the Vu+ coders can get something from all this comment. Initially I thought the dtt was solid... but after several days I now know that this is not so (not just from comments above) because I've had to reboot a couple of times. I have installed a usb drive for swap file usage (using 96 MB) and I've set the Power Manager (ViX) to reboot every day. Finally I avoid rapid channel surfing and I don't use PTS.

The problems are not instant but rather develop... so I assume it is something like a memory leak!?

@andyblac
This is probably all old news to you as you have said elsewhere that you suspect the closed Vu+ drivers (vtuner etc). Do you want us to provide any dmesg outputs or other information? Can you update us/comment in anyway on this or is it a 'dead horse'.

cheers
 
Last edited:
I have a Hauppauge Nova-T WinTV.

The problem is definitely connected to permanent time shift. I changed the settings so that PTS it starts 10 seconds after changing channel - when I change to a DTT channel, the hanging problem starts after 10 seconds. I've switched PTS off and haven't had a problem since.

Note - PTS is saving to the /media/hdd, not a USB device.

The above makes sence. I have 2 Vuo duo's both using Nova TD sticks for last year or so with no problems with Irish Dtt channels. I DO NOT use permanent timeshift.....One Duo has latest VIX, the 2nd has Vix from April 2011. 2.14 version i think.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Im using 2.3 build 133 with sundtek tuner and with or without timeshift it seems the same. I tried build 190 and build 204 and both showed problems straight away. Crashes, black screens etc. Even the newer dvb-t drivers made no difference.
Gone back to build 133 and reduced the recordings done on the dtt by moving them to my solo. Its time to forget about usb DTT.
Any irish users having better luck with Ultimo.

The above makes sence. I have 2 Vuo duo's both using Nova TD sticks for last year or so with no problems with Irish Dtt channels. I DO NOT use permanent timeshift.....One Duo has latest VIX, the 2nd has Vix from April 2011. 2.14 version i think.
 
Im using 2.3 build 133 with sundtek tuner and with or without timeshift it seems the same. I tried build 190 and build 204 and both showed problems straight away. Crashes, black screens etc. .

My first DTT stick was the sundtek. Always gave problems. It now lying in a drawer somewhere....Expensive mistake...Probably was use permanent timeshift back then.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Since updating I cannot stream to my pc before I just put my Duo's IP address chrome and it streamed via VLC

Also what has happened to VIX Skin HD Day I can't see it in the plugin menu ?

thanks for your help and hard work you guys do =]
 
streaming - menu>plugin<webif click ok and change port to 00080

VIX day - plugin>download>VIX section.
 
I have two Vu+ Duo, and both have started to act strange when I watch recorded programs. The picture is glitching/pixling, and I have to run ff/fr a few seconds to get it right again. This was not an issue in older Vix-versions. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Does any of you guys have the same problem?
 
I have two Vu+ Duo, and both have started to act strange when I watch recorded programs. The picture is glitching/pixling, and I have to run ff/fr a few seconds to get it right again. This was not an issue in older Vix-versions. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Does any of you guys have the same problem?

Yes I also get this quite often now.
 
I have two Vu+ Duo, and both have started to act strange when I watch recorded programs. The picture is glitching/pixling, and I have to run ff/fr a few seconds to get it right again. This was not an issue in older Vix-versions. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Does any of you guys have the same problem?

Yep... I also have exactly this problem.
 
Yes I get it often. Also sometimes the playback picture will just freeze but audio continues. FF or RWD to fix it. It happened on openpli a few years ago and went away after a driver update.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top