Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ Duo2 Twin Tuner Problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter oldgold1877
  • Start date Start date
O

oldgold1877

Guest
I've had a my twin tuner Vu+ Duo2 since June 15 but i've recently noticed that only one tuner is working, strangely sometimes it's Tuner A and sometimes it's Tuner B! as a result I cannot record one channel and watch another as I get the 'No Free Tuner' error. I have 4 feeds from a Quad LNB (two into the Duo2 and two into the old Sly HD box) and I've tried each of them in my Sky HD box to prove the signals are all good.

I originally had OpenVIX Hades 018 when I noticed the problem but have re-flashed to OpenVIX 3.2.036 but still have the same problem. Both Tuners are configured as Simple, Single, 28.2 Astra. When I go to the Signal Finder menu, Tuner A shows a good SNR (93%) but when I change to Tuner B I get a 'Tuner Not Available' error. Now the odd thing is that sometimes after a reboot this is reversed !! i.e. Tuner B works and Tuner A becomes 'not available'.

I've noticed that the OSD (showing the current program info) displays 'Tuner AB' with the failed tuner in yellow (not sure if this is relevant).

I've tried swapping the twin tuner into the second slot AND today tried a new twin tuner. Same problem. If I insert both twin tuners (so I'm now using 4 tuners in total) and connect all four feeds I still get the problem of one of the four failing, but it can randomly be Tuner A, B, C or D !?!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
 
Make sure u are using Cccam 2.3.0.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Sounds like someone else is using a tuner. Open ports on your network?
 
I use the Vu+ app on my iphone/ipad but it's not running on either. I did pull the ethernet cable too just in case. Is it possible that a tuner has been 'locked' somehow? I would expect that to be cured by a reflash.
 
Just noticed that when the box is in standby the front display shows "B" which would indeed indicate that the tuner is in use (nothing is recording)
 
Hi oldgold 1877, did you manage to sort this issue out. i'm having similar issues with my Vu+ Solo2 box since I've had it. If I record a channel only channels for that tuner will be bold and available to watch while others will be grayed out and no picture. Any luck with your setup?
Cheers,:confused::confused:
 
Hi oldgold 1877, did you manage to sort this issue out. i'm having similar issues with my Vu+ Solo2 box since I've had it. If I record a channel only channels for that tuner will be bold and available to watch while others will be grayed out and no picture. Any luck with your setup?
Cheers,:confused::confused:

Your setup is either A/ wrong or B/ you have a flakey feed from your LNB or C/ do you have any ports open on your router to view from outside your home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top