Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ Player for Android now available on Google Play

Install VLC for android and change internal player to VLC and try again.
 
Thanks for the help tried both still not working just get a loading stream message if loading time is very long tap on screen and try again

can you let me know which Android device you have and which version of Android (for instance Gingerbread, Jelly Bean, Kitkat etc). Thanks
 
can you let me know which Android device you have and which version of Android (for instance Gingerbread, Jelly Bean, Kitkat etc). Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S5 KitKat 4.4.2 Thanks
Also does not need to be on port 80 to work
 
Last edited:
So not sure what I have done. Can stream Movies from Vu+ Solo2 but not live TV. I can however 'Transcode'. Is that normal for Live TV?

When attempting a stream of live TV;
HD Player- "Unfortunately, HD Video Player has stopped"
MX Player - "Video Problem. Can't play this video"
Android Video Player - "Can't play this video"
VLC - "VLC encountered an error with this media. Please try refreshing the media library"
 
So not sure what I have done. Can stream Movies from Vu+ Solo2 but not live TV. I can however 'Transcode'. Is that normal for Live TV?

Don't know all of the mentioned players but VLC for Android and MX-player should definitely work with Live TV so I don't think the problem is because of the players. I guess you will get an error also using the internal player? Can you watch the stream (not transcoding) on your PC using WebIf?
 
I tested OpenWebif. good call. Something was restricting streaming from that. I 'dialed back' some settings and got it to work in openwebif again (although left me open to malicious streamers) so I need to build it back up carefully and retry off my Nexus. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your swift response.
 
great app, only problem I have is streaming with out zapping.

If zapping it works ok if not I get a canbnot connect warning. Read the thread from start to finish and think my settings are right (running a VU Duo+)
 
Last edited:
great app, only problem I have is streaming with out zapping.

If zapping it works ok if not I get a canbnot connect warning. Read the thread from start to finish and think my settings are right (running a VU Duo+)

Unsure if I have really understood your problem :confused:
Can you please give some more information and perhaps I can help.
 
Hi tilleke

If I goe into Vu Player on my mobile I can change all of the channels and volume etc. If I then go into Services and Choose say BBC2 the VU Duo will change channel and that will stream on my phone.

If though I have "No Zap before Streaming" ticked and I then go to services.

I will get the EPG up and choose a channel, it will then say "Preparing to Stream" but return to the Bouquett Epg. If I then press teh channel again I get a message.

It says "Cannot Proceed" It seem's like there is a problem with your player".

Thanks
 
Hi telleke,
I sent an email you guys an email a few months back about an issue I found. Email content pasted below:

Hi,
First of all many thanks for this great application. I have a Vu+ Solo2 and a Technomate Twin which I use this app with.

I have found a possible bug. Pressing EPG on the app controlling the Vu+ Solo2 brings up the EPG. However, pressing EPG on the app controlling the Technomate Twin brings up the info menu/details.

I have done some troubleshooting on this and have found that you maybe using the wrong key mapping for EPG.

I think your using "KEY_INFO": 358, rather than "KEY_EPG": 365.

I have tried the following on both recievers:

http://10.10.1.10/web/remotecontrol?command=365 - Brings up EPG on both Technomate Twin and Vu+ Solo2

http://10.10.1.10/web/remotecontrol?command=358 - Brings up EPG on the Vu+ Solo2 and info menu/details on the Technomate Twin.

Could you please look into this and correct it if its using the wrong mapping please?
 
@pz8l8t

Thank you for your report. It seems like the people at VuPlus must have forgotten to forward your earlier e-mail to me.

I am not in front of my developer PC in this moment but I will check later and unless there were other reasons for using key 358, I will change key as suggested by you.
 
@pz8l8t

Thank you for your report. It seems like the people at VuPlus must have forgotten to forward your earlier e-mail to me.

I am not in front of my developer PC in this moment but I will check later and unless there were other reasons for using key 358, I will change key as suggested by you.

Many Thanks :cool:
 
Be aware that different boxes use different commands/keys.
e.g. the key with the print 'EPG' for any VU actually sends the 'Info' command (key). As far as I know all other boxes use the EPG-command for EPG.
In the images this has been 'corrected' by telling VU's to show EPG when they get the Info-command. So IMHO this wrong mapping by VU will be difficult to 'generalize' for other hardware.
 
Key 358 which is mapped to EPG as far as I can see definately brings up EPG on the VU+ Solo2.
 
On VU's:
Press 'EPG': "KEY: 358 INFO" is internally mapped to 'EPG' (the correction for VU using the wrong command I mentioned earlier)

On (all?) other boxes:
Press 'EPG': "KEY: 365 EPG" brings up the EPG
Press 'Info': "KEY: 358 INFO" brings up Eventview

So I'm not sure this wrong keymapping by VU can be 'fixed' in a generic way like it is done in E2.
 
Sorry I had a typo in my last post.

I have tested on the vu+ solo2 and key 365 definitely brings up EPG which as far as I can see is the correct mapping key for EPG.

As you mention key 358 is mapped to info/event details which on my solo2 brings up EPG but on the techno mate it brings up info/event details.

I believe the app is using the wrong key. Rather than using 358 I think it should use 365. This would bring up EPG on the solo2 and the techno mate.
 
Nope, just turn on debug logs and seed that what I wrote is correct (it stems from E2 in console).
If only it was true that VU used the correct commands....
 
Can anybody tell me how to set this up:

"If you have a receiver with two or more tuners, then you can even stream an alternative channel and watch a different channel to the one displayed on the connected tv "

I have a Solo 2
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top