Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ Player for Android now available on Google Play

Hi Gataboy1,
Sorry if I'm stating some things that might be totally obvious to you, but I just think it might be clearer to start from a blank canvas:

Ensure that Wifi is activated on your phone.
Then open the VU+ app.
When it fires up fully on your phone you'll see the green box with 'Services' on it. Click it.
You'll then see your EPG sections.
Choose one then select a channel.
Select 'Stream' and that should show you the channel on your phone without affecting what's being viewed on your TV.
But note that it WILL use your second tuner, so wont work if you're recording in addition to viewing the TV.
 
Hi Osamo...

Ah...! I think the pennies just dropped..I've only connected to one port and then looped it when setting up.

Guess I will need to get another feed from my Lnb to the second port..?
 
Yes, you need to run 2 individual coax from a twin LNB.
A personal suggestion: In the future you might well get different boxes with more tuners. Plus you might decide to have reception in several rooms.
So, like me, I'd buy an 8 port 'Octo LNB'. The price break between a good twin LNB and an Octo is becoming slimmer and slimmer.
It might seem like a sledgehammer to crack a nut at this stage but worth considering.
All the best.
 
Iis there a guide somewhere here?
can watch on wifi but cannot connect to receiver when not connected to wifi.
 
The App works by linking to your phone's wifi. Wifi must be enabled.
See post #101.

Iis there a guide somewhere here?
can watch on wifi but cannot connect to receiver when not connected to wifi.
 
Can't find this anywhere on the Play Store. I had the old version on my phone, and that updated to 2.0 but I can't find a way of installing this on my tablet, because it's no longer in "My Apps" on the play store either. Can anyone offer any help?
 
Has anyone reported the disappearance from Google Play to the supplier?

In case not I've just submitted a bug report to them.
 
Has anyone reported the disappearance from Google Play to the supplier?

In case not I've just submitted a bug report to them.

The best person to contact would be the OP of this thread, as he is the Author and primary developer of this app, although I have not seen him on site in a while.
 
Announcement

As you may have noted, Vu+ Player for Android is not any longer available on Google Play. Since its removal, I have received an overwhelming amount of e-mails asking me from where it can be downloaded along with the usual bug reports, feature requests and questions for support and so forth. Since my free time is limited, I simply don’t have the time required to reply to all these e-mails, even if I wished I could do so. Therefore, here is an update from me.

Vu+ Player has become a very feature rich and stable app since its first release and since Vu+ first contacted me, nearly 3 years ago, asking me to develop the app for them. It was the first app to support an internal video player and to support transcoding . The user-interface was controversial since it did not adhere to standard Android design although the user-interface has always been one of those features which users have told us they appreciate the most due to its simplicity and ease of use. We have implemented mutual ideas but also feature requests from you users. Some time ago Vu+ Player reached a milestone with more than 100000 active installations. Nor I or Vu+ would never have thought we would achieve such a success and reach out to so many users when we first started this project.

My collaboration with Vu+ has now come to an end unless plans are changed in the future. I have sent Vu+ an updated version of Vu+ Player which addresses some incompatibility issues with Lollipop but not all open issues have unfortunately been resolved. To know if and when and where this update will be published (and the future of Vu+ Player), you will need to contact directly Vu+ or watch out for announcements here on the forums or their webpage.

That said, I wish to thank:

-Vu+ for the mutual collaboration in the last years and their professionalism in general. I wish them all the best with their future endeavors.

-all the image teams with whom I have worked closely in the past years during the development of Vu+ Player. With no special order, my thanks go to Black Hole, OpenVIX, VTi and OpenPLI and their members.

-all the beta-testers (you know who you are!)

-two beta-testers who unfortunately are not with us anymore, namely BigED and paolino from the BH-team and the Vu+ Community forum. Rest in peace!

-all you users who downloaded and installed Vu+ Player on your devices. I hope you are enjoying the app just as much as I have enjoyed developing it for Vu+

What regards me, I am currently concentrating on iOS development although I hope I will finally find the necessary time to update my Android app AndroidDreamer which was among the first apps which permitted streaming in LAN and remotely. It has not been updated for nearly 3 years but is still used by thousands of users and has lots of room for improvement.

My best wishes to you all for the upcoming holiday season.

Take care and kind regards,

tilleke (aka moster67)
 
Last edited:
:( Well that's a bit disappointing... if VU+ decide to not update the app on the Play store, then there is no way for us to install it. That leaves people the only option of searching for "alternate" sources, and in this day and age, that's not a safe option.

I have submitted a bug report on the VU+ website regarding the availability of the app, but to be honest, VU+ seem pretty unresponsive to any type of request in my experience. I hope they pull their finger out, because they advertise the app on their website, when clearly it's not the case if the Android app is totally unavailable.

Just to be clear, I consider the availability of the app as a VU+ responsibility, so please don't take my comments as being directed at you (tilleke). I know from personal experience that supporting multi-platforms is a nightmare, and very quickly eats up any and all spare time. So it makes perfect sense to focus on just the one.

I wish you well with your iOS development.
 
Just to be clear, I consider the availability of the app as a VU+ responsibility, so please don't take my comments as being directed at you (tilleke). I know from personal experience that supporting multi-platforms is a nightmare, and very quickly eats up any and all spare time. So it makes perfect sense to focus on just the one.

I wish you well with your iOS development.

Thanks for the thumbs up for my iOS development but it has nothing to do with Vu+ or Enigma/Satellite in general. It is just a hobby of mine which I have decided to explore further.
 
Shame they haven't incorporated the EPG issue for techno mate receivers..
 
Thanks guys, but think the issue is with the key mappings in the app rather than any issues with the techno mate receivers. Post the issue earlier in this thread and telleke said he would try and take a look. Guess he never found time.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top