Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU-Plus-Solo-SE-V2-2x-DVB-C-T-T2 how to watch and record?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dixie74
  • Start date Start date
When buying a solo4k, you get to choose which additional tuner to buy.
 

Attachments

  • solo4k 2nd tuner options.webp
    solo4k 2nd tuner options.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 7
just checked my other 2 x solo SE v2's and they have TT3L10 which I assume are dual tuners - I think I've cocked up when I bought the new unit.:mad:

I've swapped one of my older SE v2's with this new one. Now I've enabled the second tuner [although there is no cable connected into it] then started a record and I could watch a different channel so I assume that that's how it's done?
 
Yes, the TTL310 is the twin hybrid tuner card. It has an internal splitter. Both tuners have to be set to match the signal wire connected to it.

Some trivia:
If you have an FBC DVB-C tuner (only available for Uno 4K and Ultimo 4K), you have to set eight tuners even though all eight are the same and use the one wire.
 
Last edited:
Hi I have been searching for a thread about recording and watching with the hybrid dual tuner, so hopefully this is the right place for this question.

With my Vu plus solo 4k I have the Hybrid t/c tuner in the spare slot. It is set up for terrestrial. When I first got the box I did not have the satellite connected so could only watch the freeview.

Depending on what channel I was recording I could not watch all the others. For example I was recording POP for the kids and could only maybe choose from three other channels. If I was recording an HD channel I could watch a few more HD channels, but not all of them. I think that HD has its own multiplex.

My point is, as it is a dual tuner why am I limited on what other channel I can watch at the same time?

Any help appreciated.
 
People always talk about recording channels. This approach does not really lead to a good understanding of the principles. You are better off thinking in terms of frequencies/transponders/multiplexes.

If you have one tuner, you can record/view many channels from one frequency.
If you have two tuners, you can record/view many channels from two frequencies.

There are different numbers of channels on different frequencies. If you look at site below, you can get a break down of what services are on which frequency/multiplex/transponder for your selected mast.
Code:
https://ukfree.tv/maps/alphabetical
 
Thats a good Link thankyou.

I used to own Humax pvr9200. That had a twin tuner on it with only one input required. With that I had no issue recording one channel and watching any other channel at the same time.
Like I explained before when there was a recording going on pop I had a choice of only 3 other channels. There must be something wrong here surely.
The multiplexes on the link show more than 4 channels each.
Have I got a setup issue?
 
Are you sure the hybrid dvb-c/t2 is a twin (or dual) tuner?
 
Without knowing what mast you are using or what tuner card/s you have and what tuner configuration you have used, it will not be easy to assist.

Even though one tuner card, it is still two tuners and both must be set. The default is DVB-C. If you only set the first one, the second tuner won't be used for Terrestrial. It is a bad setup, you should only have to set one.
 
Last edited:
That's great, the tuner j was not enabled. It now works properly.
I thought j was if you had a cable tv setup, I changed it to t2 and I now have both tuners working.
Thanks for the help.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top