Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ solo 2 5.1 channel audio

  • Thread starter Thread starter m.nikesh
  • Start date Start date
M

m.nikesh

Guest
Hi ,

I used to connect my VU+ solo 2 to my Tele with HDMI cable and (SPDIF optical cable) Vu + Solo2 to my home cinema. And I get 5.1 Channel on my home cinema, even it displays 5.1 on my home cinema.

Now the VU+ Solo2 is connected to the Tele with HDMI cable (Same as before) but the optical cable is connected from TV to my Home Cinema. Not home cinema does not give 5.1 Channel Audio and on the display doesn't show 5.1 channel.

When I play NETFLIX on my Tele I get 5.1 channel audio on my home cinema, but if I am watching anything from VU+Solo2 I dont get 5.1 Channel Audio.

Can anyone advise how to fix this please?
 
Tv is not repeating the 5.1 from the hdmi, optical out on TV is for free view and apps on tv
 
Tv is not repeating the 5.1 from the hdmi, optical out on TV is for free view and apps on tv

It does out put Audio from VU+ to TV but not 5.1 Channels. Is there any setting in VU + to assign Audio 5.1 to go through HDMI?
 
If you press audio button, set Dolby down mix to off, now if you are watching a program with 5.1 it will send 5.1, but please note, that doesn't mean your TV will then pass that 5.1 to your amp via ARC, some do, and you will normally have to change a setting on your TV the first time you do it... But some TVs will NOT pass 5.1 from hdmi back out as 5.1 over HDMI, some TVs even do an internal down mix then send a pseudo 5.1 output.
 
Exactly what I said the TV won't output 5.1 from the hdmi source via optical out it's fairly common same with arc a few makes do but most output as 2.0 stereo.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top