Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo4K] Vu+Solo 4k - WinTV DualHD - can't get it to work

  • Thread starter Thread starter FredC
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FredC

Guest
Just seen a new driver for the Hauppauge WinTV DualHD USB DVB-T/T2/C tuner.

According the latest image readme this tuner is now supported.

I went into plugins>drivers and its listed as....

ct2-dvb-usb-dualhd (1.0-r2)
USB Driver for the Hauppauge WinTV Dual-HD Tuner

I got one of these a couple of years ago hoping it was supported, but no luck till now. Then I did an image update and was looking for a differecnt driver and saw this one at the top of the list.

So I added the driver, re-booted. Plugged in the Wintv DualHD into the box (on its own, no other usb devices connected), connected an DVB-T2 aerial and re-booted again.

When I checked in the list of devices, nothing there.


Any thoughs of what to do next?

Are there any logs to look at (if so which one and where is it located). I've already taken a copy of dmesg and messages and cannot find anything in them that points to this device being loaded.View attachment dmesg.txtView attachment messages.txt

I'm OK to use the console (via Putty / Telnet), and quite familiar with Linux.

Cheers
 
Answered other thread,check your listed tuners?
 
Answered other thread,check your listed tuners?

I'm bringing the discussion back to this forum... may be a bug....

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
Anytime you use a plug in tuner stick as you said you downloaded driver and rebooted.Power off box and insert tuner then it should be seen as i had issues with not seeing my usb stick until box was rebooted.Does it show with an aerial feed in tuners?



Afraid thats not the problem. The tuner has been connected to the box for the last 2 days. The box is powered off every night.

The tuner does not show in the list of devices Device List Info.webp

Nor in the list of tuners Setup Tuner List p1.webp Setup Tuner List p2.webp

But the device does show as connected....

root@vusolo4k:lsusb
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 2040:0265
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 148f:5372
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 009 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 010 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001


Its the first device in the list. Doing a google search for "usb 2040:0265" returns hits for Huappage WinTV-dualHD, model 01590.

So what can I dump next? Please give location if is not an obvoius file.

Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top