Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ Solo SE v2 Easiest Vix Update....

wizz_r

New member
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm running 5.2.001 and it is stable, apart from having to restart the softcam to avoid what feels like a lengthy delay at times, even though this is set to auto startup.
I would like to update to the latest release version to see if this might cure my problem, but I am reluctant to do so unless I can find the easiest and quickest way to do this.
I'm able to save an image or settings backup to my usb hdd I use for recordings along with my channel picons.
I have the latest release image on a usb stick which I know works.

Can someone confirm the minimum steps I need to take to achieve this please.....
 
Create a settings backup

Transfer the image the image you downloaded to /media/HDD/imagebackups/

Use image manager to flash image

After it restarts, say yes to restore settings as well as plugins
 
Create a settings backup

Transfer the image the image you downloaded to /media/HDD/imagebackups/

Use image manager to flash image

After it restarts, say yes to restore settings as well as plugins

Following your advice...... Yesterday I followed your instructions, with the exception of using my flash drive with the latest release image 5.2.036 to install VIX, rather than via the HDD.
This gave me the very quickest and best update I have ever done, and cured the lag I was experiencing too .....

Thanks again for your help......
 
If you only have a USB stick connected, Vix mounts it as hdd.

Glad to hear you are sorted
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top