Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ Solo - Setting up motorised dish

MysteryMan

New member
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a Vu+ Solo, with OpenVix image and a motorised dish (28.2E to 0.8W). It is currently using USALS to handle the satellite positioning and works reasonably well.

However, I've just had an engineer out because the signal had degraded and he fixed a broken connection, which has sorted it. The dish is currently on 28.2 and he did say that he noticed if the dish was moved slightly to the West then the signal strength improved quite a bit.

He suggested that I tweak the setting on the receiver for the position. I have a few questions......
  • Can I fine tune the dish position for a satellite and still use USALS?
  • If I stop using USALS will I have to manually enter position info for each satellite?
  • If I do have to do this, are there any tips/guides available to help me?


I seem to recall having to do this on my previous Dreambox and it was a nightmare!!!!!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top