Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ Solo2 - Internal HDD setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter graymattor
  • Start date Start date
G

graymattor

Guest
Hi All,

I am looking for some help!

My box was set up using a USB pen drive so this has my EPG, PICONS, etc on. i set up NAS recording but unfortunaley it will not timeshift on my NAS i am guessing because its not EXT3/4. so i found a hard drive so i formatted it on windows to NTFS, installed the NTFS drivers (i think) in teh hope it would see it so i could format it thorugh the box, but unfortunately all it sees is the USB and it will not see the internal SATA drive.

I am very much a newbie so please keep your answers simple!!

To add i have just used dreambox_CC and in /media i can see SDA1 which was added today, is this the internal HDD? in there there is also NFS which has my NAS in and HDD which is my USB pen drive

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Remove your USB pen drive for now & reboot the box with the internal HDD attached.
Then, Menu -> Setup -> System -> Storage devices -> Initialisation
 
Hi judge,

I will give that a go tomorrow evening, I was worried about moving the USB and causing some issues. The box was set up by a forum member over team viewer and he spend a good will setting everything up and I'm not sure I could set it up again should anything go wrong.

I have taken a back up of the USB already tonight so I assume (big assumption) that if this works and by initialising it sets out the fixed folders/paths so all I need to do is transfer the back up of the USB to the same path on the internal hard drive through FTP and it should all work as it did

If not I'll need quite a bit of help!!

Once all set up I assume I just unmount my NAS for it to record to the internal hard drive? Do I need to erase and files or folders to remove all traces of the nas/mount?

Thanks

Chris

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
 
I have taken a back up of the USB already tonight so I assume (big assumption) that if this works and by initialising it sets out the fixed folders/paths so all I need to do is transfer the back up of the USB to the same path on the internal hard drive through FTP and it should all work as it did

If not I'll need quite a bit of help!!
It will work just fine. You can easily move stuff around afterwards if you want to.
Once all set up I assume I just unmount my NAS for it to record to the internal hard drive? Do I need to erase and files or folders to remove all traces of the nas/mount?
No need to remove your NAS mount if you don't want.
If the defaults for recording location have been changed, just change it again to your internal HDD once it's initialised.
 
Nothing to worry about. Just make a backup image with "Image Manager" and save it to your PC. That way whatever goes wrong you can easily wind back to the current image.
 
Thanks for the replies.

I quickly tried this this morning. I unplugged the USB and powered off and rebooted. I went in to set up as judge described and the option storage devices has vanished! I guess it cannot see the hard drive for some reason?

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
 
Is it a brand new drive or a second hand one? If it's second hand it may need formatted first mate?

menu>setup>system>storage devices>initialisation on your remote should take you to the drive if it's installed properly? If you can see it here, just hit "initialise" and the box will format for you. Hope it goes ok!
 
Go to Main menu/Setup/ViX/Mount Manager. Does it show anything?

If the disk isn't visible, have you checked that the internal cabling is all correctly in place?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top