Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ Turbo Problem

Everyone's best bet is to fire an email off to Vu themselves and complain. The more the merrier.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Not sure what to say to Vu?

rossi2000 indicated in post 13 that this would be fixed within the image in due course.

Can we not just use the last driver that worked which was -r2?

Regards
micscave


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
 
Only other suggestion is flash with the last image it worked with then ftp into the box and save the old drivers to your desktop and then reinstall the latest image and then ftp the old drivers across to the box and overwrite.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi Andy
That sounds like a plan, when I FTP into the box, where would I find the driver?
 
Hi Andy
That sounds like a plan, when I FTP into the box, where would I find the driver?

Sorry for the late reply buddy. You can find the drivers in; lib/modules/3.14.28-1.8/extra
Bear in mind that the /3.14.28-1.8/ folder will most likely differ as this is taken from my Vu+ Solo4K, but the contents in the /extra/ folder is what you want to save to your desktop as they are the drivers you will require to ftp over when you flash the new image. When transferred, restart your receiver and hopefully you will be able to view cable again.
 
Hi Andy
That sounds like a plan, when I FTP into the box, where would I find the driver?

Hello again micscave, I ftp'd the folders Andy said before and after installing the driver. However nothing changed in the folder Andy said so I did a bit of comparing between before and after and I think I found what I think are the drivers in the following folders (I used vix 3.2 as r2 is still in the feeds)

lib/modules/3.9.6/kernel/drivers/media/usb

this folder contains 3 folders which i believe contain r2 of the driver dvb-usb, dvb-usb-v2 & vuplus

cannot confirm if this will work as have not had time to try yet as family are using box, will report back as soon as I try
 
Hello again micscave, I ftp'd the folders Andy said before and after installing the driver. However nothing changed in the folder Andy said so I did a bit of comparing between before and after and I think I found what I think are the drivers in the following folders (I used vix 3.2 as r2 is still in the feeds)

lib/modules/3.9.6/kernel/drivers/media/usb

this folder contains 3 folders which i believe contain r2 of the driver dvb-usb, dvb-usb-v2 & vuplus

cannot confirm if this will work as have not had time to try yet as family are using box, will report back as soon as I try

You could be right buddy. Sorry for my previous post.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hello again micscave, I ftp'd the folders Andy said before and after installing the driver. However nothing changed in the folder Andy said so I did a bit of comparing between before and after and I think I found what I think are the drivers in the following folders (I used vix 3.2 as r2 is still in the feeds)

lib/modules/3.9.6/kernel/drivers/media/usb

this folder contains 3 folders which i believe contain r2 of the driver dvb-usb, dvb-usb-v2 & vuplus

cannot confirm if this will work as have not had time to try yet as family are using box, will report back as soon as I try

Hi gedclarke
That looks promising, I'll have a proper look over the weekend and report back. In the meantime, if you try it, let us know what happens.

micscave
 
Okay I've had a play with this without any success. I downloaded all the suggested folders from Vix3.2.
I then installed the latest image and ftp into box and transferred the previously downloaded folders to the relevant folder, rebooted and still the cable tuner doesn't show up.

Would it be possible for one of the VIX team to upload the r2 driver so that we can properly install it please?
Or doesn't it work like that?

Regards
micscave
 
I've just tested VU+ USB tuner on a Zero, I can't see any issue.

Anyone having an issue please do exactly as follows:

1) Take a backup of your existing image, you may need it again.
2) Connected USB tuner to USB port.
3) USB re-flash and setup complete fresh OpenViX 4.2.001. Do not install ANYTHING extra. Just complete the first install wizard, skip scanning.
4) Using 'Putty' telnet install USB Turbo tuner drivers using command below:

opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo

You should see something like below:

Welcome to OpenViX for vuzero
openvix 4.2 vuzero

vuzero login: root
root@vuzero:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo
Installing enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo (1.0-r3) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo_1.0-r3_all.ipk.
Installing vuplus-tuner-turbo (3.13.5-20150303) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...vuplus-tuner-turbo_3.13.5-20150303_vuzero.ipk.
Installing kernel-module-dvb-usb (3.13.5-.2) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...ro/kernel-module-dvb-usb_3.13.5-.2_vuzero.ipk.
Installing kernel-module-cypress-firmware (3.13.5-.2) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...-module-cypress-firmware_3.13.5-.2_vuzero.ipk.
Installing kernel-module-dvb-usb-v2 (3.13.5-.2) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...kernel-module-dvb-usb-v2_3.13.5-.2_vuzero.ipk.
Configuring kernel-module-dvb-usb.
Configuring kernel-module-dvb-usb-v2.
Configuring vuplus-tuner-turbo.
Configuring kernel-module-cypress-firmware.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo.
root@vuzero:~#

Highlight all the output in Putty with your mouse, selecting all the text will auto copy.

Post all the install log here please.
 
Just tested on VU+ Solo4k, OpenViX 4.2.001. Again no issues.

Welcome to OpenViX for vusolo4k
openvix 4.2 vusolo4k

vusolo4k login: root
root@vusolo4k:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo
Installing enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo (1.0-r3) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo_1.0-r3_all.ipk.
Installing vuplus-tuner-turbo (3.14.28-20151104) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...lus-tuner-turbo_3.14.28-20151104_vusolo4k.ipk.
Installing kernel-module-dvb-usb (3.14.28-.3) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...kernel-module-dvb-usb_3.14.28-.3_vusolo4k.ipk.
Installing kernel-module-cypress-firmware (3.14.28-.3) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...dule-cypress-firmware_3.14.28-.3_vusolo4k.ipk.
Installing kernel-module-dvb-usb-v2 (3.14.28-.3) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...nel-module-dvb-usb-v2_3.14.28-.3_vusolo4k.ipk.
Configuring kernel-module-dvb-usb.
Configuring kernel-module-dvb-usb-v2.
Configuring vuplus-tuner-turbo.
Configuring kernel-module-cypress-firmware.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo.
root@vusolo4k:~#
 
It seems that sometimes file dvb_usb_cypress_firmware.ko wont install.
I had this problem on Vu+ duo.
 
Issue found on older kernel boxes:

Welcome to OpenViX for vuduo
openvix 4.2 vuduo

vuduo login: root
root@vuduo:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo
Installing enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo (1.0-r3) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo_1.0-r3_all.ipk.
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-cypress-firmware
Installing vuplus-tuner-turbo (3.9.6_R1-20150303) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...uplus-tuner-turbo_3.9.6_R1-20150303_vuduo.ipk.
Installing kernel-module-dvb-usb (3.9.6-.1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...uduo/kernel-module-dvb-usb_3.9.6-.1_vuduo.ipk.
Installing kernel-module-dvb-usb-v2 (3.9.6-.1) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...o/kernel-module-dvb-usb-v2_3.9.6-.1_vuduo.ipk.
Configuring ntpdate.
Configuring kernel-module-dvb-usb.
Configuring kernel-module-dvb-usb-v2.
Configuring vuplus-tuner-turbo.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo.
root@vuduo:~#

Hopefully be fixed for next release.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top