Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu Uno ViX 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1) 25-12-2011

  • Thread starter Thread starter silverfox0786
  • Start date Start date
I use vix and subtitles work for me all the title but u have to have thesame names for movie and subtitle in order for it to be detected like mentioned above
OK, then I'm gonna reinstall ViX, probably something went wrong.
Reinstalled and now subtitles work as they should.:thumbsup:
I'm a happy man now.:smiley_yup:
 
i started gettin the stupid annoying bastard narrator on all the channels every time i turn it over,,, it comes on !! ffs !!
 
i started gettin the stupid annoying bastard narrator on all the channels every time i turn it over,,, it comes on !! ffs !!

menu > setup > system > auto language selection. make sure selection 1 shows English and prefer AC3 to yes, and i understand your frustration but lay off the language if you dont mind, its not going to get you help any faster.
 
lol sorry bout that ...
i already have the settings as you mentioned , but i also have to hit the audio button on every channel , the selection never gets remembered , it is frustrating.
 
Friend of mine just bought uno, and hes bringing it to me to put VIX.
Do I need to do FP upgrade, or all this is included in latest image?
 
Friend of mine just bought uno, and hes bringing it to me to put VIX.
Do I need to do FP upgrade, or all this is included in latest image?

the FPGA is a separate update and can not be done via the image, it must be done separately and takes around 5 minutes to complete.
 
an issue,

manager to mount a cifs mount my PC-UNO vu, I've noticed that has erased all the lines leading by default this file, will this cause a problem? I have the FSTAB only with the assembly line, there's nothing else inside.
 
an issue,

manager to mount a cifs mount my PC-UNO vu, I've noticed that has erased all the lines leading by default this file, will this cause a problem? I have the FSTAB only with the assembly line, there's nothing else inside.

sorry could you repeat that in idiots guide english please ;)
 
use a translator and I feel I can get to,

when I mount a cifs, pc-vuno to share folder, there was a moment that I erased the lines that comes by default fstab file. I have only now the assembly line, and let me know if this is a problem.

other question, please tell me how I can make a vu see the folders in a windows 7, xp no problem with the mounts are perfect.

w7 but I see the shared folders with other boxes in my house if I see them, but I am unable VIX.

forgiveness for the mistakes translating.

Thank you.
 
Last edited:
fstabs are important and in vix you shouldnt need to manually edit them

i would suggest be on the safe sifde and reflash and then use network browser to setup yr cifs share and that will then update yr fstab automatically

as for windows it wont show up in network browser but the latest vix you can go to mountpoint manage ment and set up a windows share manually with the ip of the PC
 
Hi

One thing that's just started happening as of yesterday and one problem i'm having as of today.

As of yesterday the update icon in the info bar keeps flashing, I done the update restarted my Uno but it will just start flashing again.. I've updated yesterday 3 times and today once and its till flashing.

The next thing is that a timer isn't being added via auto timer for the 15th because it is conflicting with a different auto timer set on the 14th at roughly the same time, the only thing i can think of is my Uno is getting confused with the 14th and 15th cause when i try to add the programme on the 15th manually it conflicts and say's that the programme i'm trying to add for the 14th is conflicting with a programmer timer set on the 14th but its not for the 14th its for the 15th but the Uno thinks it the 14th. When the pop up message comes up to let me know there is a conflict it say's 15th.

any suggestion? anyone had a problem like this?
 
Hello

had same problem with update !!!

I have same problem. I think the problem is because there is one package still waiting for update but it is not possible to install it. It shows succesfull installation but Software update shows it again and again and again...
 
What version of the image are you using ? The latest public image is build 161, if yours is lower than that you can try updating via a telnet session.
 
this is happening to me too , update icon keeps flashing all the time , and the same update keeps being installed as if it is stuck
Mine is build 161 , icon still flashing for update.
 
What version of the image are you using ? The latest public image is build 161, if yours is lower than that you can try updating via a telnet session.

After "opkg update" and "opkg upgrade":

root@vuuno:~# opkg upgrade
Upgrading openvix-enigma2-image on root from 2.3-r20111230174637-release to 2.3-r20120108172403-experimental...
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.c...mage_2.3-r20120108172403-experimental_all.ipk.
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.c...mage_2.3-r20120108172403-experimental_all.ipk, wget returned 1.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download openvix-enigma2-image. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?
root@vuuno:~#
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top