Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu uno vix, daylight savings epg problems

gazhay

ViX Skinner-Dev
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Since the change to DST here in the UK this weekend, the EPG is an hour out.

I have tried transponder time and NTP time settings. I have tried wiping it out and re-downloading it via crossepg and/or rytek xml.

Still whenever I use it, I am getting programs listed as an hour later or overlapping.

Any ideas?
 
we need a little more info such as which exact image and build version are you using ?.
 
Vix 3.0
Kernel 3.1.1
Maybe 3.0.378 (thats what the backup is labelled)

I already know what the answer will be though, "update to latest", but until someone can tell me how to fix a skin working perfectly in this version with the latest version (epg reverts to default) that is not an option.
 
Vix 3.0
Kernel 3.1.1
Maybe 3.0.378 (thats what the backup is labelled)

I already know what the answer will be though, "update to latest", but until someone can tell me how to fix a skin working perfectly in this version with the latest version (epg reverts to default) that is not an option.

i'm sorry but we cant provide support for "backup images" as we have no way of knowing whats been added by the person(s) who released them.
 
Its not a backup image. It was installed from the official download link here.
I have no idea where to find a build number other than by the name it takes when I perform a backup.

Fyi the software updater in the gui does not work, i have to ssh in an manually update with opkg, but then that results in an unusable epg, so i reflashed back to my last backup. That may give another clue to build number. Tbh, i downloaded the latest image when i bought the box, and by the time i had chance to look around (1st time with vix) the updater wasn't working, i thought i was either still on latest or the updater simply wasn't supposed to work (i had a tm800, so that would be normal behaviour)

I have an identical box running identical image, and it seems to have adjusted fine, but i swapped from transponder time to ntp and back again.
 
Menu -> Information -> About will show you the build number.
 
Been there tried that, simply says

Last update 2012-10-17
Version 3.0

Hopefully I can find the time to dissect a working skin and find out what has changed, so then I can update and see if the EPG problems are solved.
 
Mine was the same after the clock change but after i manually downloaded crosspeg it was ok.
 
Well, I had an afternoon of playing around with skins, and got my Concinnity skin working for the latest ViX image so was able to upgrade.

The EPG problems seem to have resolved themselves (although I did notice the upgrade disabled all "automatic" download options - I have re-enabled them now)
As a side effect of fixing the skin, I can now also see all the info in the about box, including build number (640-odd off the top of my head)

Thanks to all who looked at the post.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top