Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Zero] VU+ Zero and 4TB HDD Support

hbw

New member
Joined
Oct 13, 2013
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Ashington
I've read on another forum that the VU+ Zero will not support disk partitions larger than 2Tb, from my own observations this seems to be true.

Can anyone confirm this is actually the case please?

I'm using a 4TB USb HDD and it won't mount as 4TB (GPT), only 2TB. I've split it into 2*2TB (GPT) partitions which seem to work fine but I would like to know if this is a real limitation with the Kernel and not something I can fix.

Thanks.
 
you've probably answered your own question. 2TB is the most you can go for.
 
I always thought that there was no limitation in linux, especially if using ext4?
 
.... found this post....

i am running a 3TB Toshiba 3.5" without a problem in both my ET10k and Duo2, i also purchased a 4TB for my PC and i initialized it in my Duo2 before i fitted it in my PC because of the 3TB limit with windows and i ran it for about a week in the Duo2 before i transfared it to the PC and all drives are working fine
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top