Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Weird crashes when switching channels on 4.8E

  • Thread starter Thread starter someuser08
  • Start date Start date
S

someuser08

Guest
Something really bizzare happening when I switch channels on Viasat 4.8E (and only there). Sometimes it hangs forever with VIX waiting icon after 3-4 sucessful switches and sometime crashes (crash log attached). Any ideas from the experts? :)

P.S. I'm on VIX 1.3
 

Attachments

where do you have your swap and timeshift set to what device how big

also dis you have a recording happening at the time
 
I didn't do any recordings and I don't have any swap either (although recording and timeshift is configured to internal HDD, without permanent timeshift though)...
 
Tried swap 64Mb. Same thing. When it hangs I can see that crash file is being created, but not finished writing to HDD (0 size). And only this provider... Everything else works perfect. Could it be mgcamd related I wonder?..

Also if I just keep switching to the channels from the bouquet then 95% of the time it works. Problems mostly occur when doing channel up/down...
 
not sur ewill need to let the main man andy look at crash log

post new one too please

and with respect to mgcamd if it is that then there isnt much we can help you on it here as cam talk in detail is not allowed but andy can look at you config file for you when he replies to the thread
 
Just to eliminate anything hdd related - I reinitilaized it, recreated 96mb swap and didn't load EPG at all. Still crashing and rarely finishing writing crash dumps - left with 0 bytes after cold reboots...
 
remove your hdd and try again i'm thinking its your hdd

im not 100% sure how relelvent this is am i am only moral support ;) not tech support :D

but this is what i found so far but not sure of the remedy :lol3:

Code:
playing 1:0:1:D52:15:56:300000:0:0:0:
[eDVBCAService] free slot 0 demux 0 for service 1:0:1:E1A:16:56:300000:0:0:0::Cartoon Network
[eDVBCAService] free service 1:0:1:E1A:16:56:300000:0:0:0::Cartoon Network
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PTS-Plugin: __evEnd
decoder state: play, vpid=-1, apid=-1
DEMUX_STOP - pcr - ok
DEMUX_STOP - video - ok
VIDEO_STOP - ok
AUDIO_STOP - ok
DEMUX_STOP - audio - ok
AUDIO_CONTINUE - ok
start release channel timer
not pauseable.
RemovePopup, id = ZapError
[eDVBCAService] remove channel 0x1af4fd0
[eDVBLocalTimerHandler] remove channel 0x1af4fd0
[eEPGCache] remove channel 0x1af4fd0
[EPGC] abort caching events !!
[EPGC] viasat finished(1293147840)
[EPGC] stop caching events(1293147840)
[EPGC] next update in 60 min
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, its not HDD :) it crashes without it as well. And it does look like a cam problem most likely as switching between FTA channels on the same satellite works OK...
 
well maybe your config then just go over it once more to check its correct
 
It would be consistent crashing if it was config. I am able to watch everything just fine if I switch slowly (like once minute), but if I zap quickly, then I get the crashes. Managed to get another crash log.
 

Attachments

just had another look at your log and found this in both

Code:
eventNewProgramInfo 0 0
have 1 video stream(s) (0e2f), and 2 audio stream(s) (0e30, 0e31), and the pcr pid is 0e2f, and the text pid is ffffffff
PES filter: DMX_SET_PES_FILTER - Invalid argument
decoder state: play, vpid=3631, apid=3632

its being caused by the cam your using

your box type in your config is incorrect did you upgrade from a dreambox
 
unfortunatly i am unavle to help you any further u have exhausted my knolledge of this as i dont use your softcam to give any more info on what it could be

Sorry
 
Well, thanks anyway :) Hopefully someone else might have an idea...
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top