Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] What is the exact command to check the disk in telnet ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimfunk
  • Start date Start date
J

jimfunk

Guest
Vix 3.0.668

After doing a HD diskcheck in the Vu+ menu I get

Error
/dev/sdb1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY: RUN fsck MANUALLY. (i.e, without -a or -p options)

I telnet into Vu+ then unmounted and tried fsck but did not work, I think I read somewhere Vix doesn't use fsck?

What is the exact command to check the disk and fix errors in Vix?


Thanks
 
I do not know this image well as I've only just got a MIPS based RX. However, I know fsck.ext4 works. What format is your disk?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here you got (with progress whilst in telnet):

Code:
init 4
umount -a
e2fsck -f -C 0 -v /dev/sdx1

It's important to init 4, as this will shutdown any processses that might be accessing the hdd. Then, unmount -a will unmount all devices (you could just umount /dev/sdx1).

sdx1 is the correct location of the device you are trying to run fsck on...

hth :)
 
Many thanks,

I ended up changing the disk and everything runs smoothly now, but I have a shed load of recordings on the old disk which need moving across.


I did see this
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/archive/index.php/t-873.html

I have a powered external sata caddie
and wondered if you can use both internal & external sata at the same time because this looks the quickest way to transfer files between disks.

Im guessing it will work unless the controller is shared like I think it was in the Dm800
 
I looked at DMESG output. It reports two ports on different addresses so should be okay

Code:
ahci: SSS flag set, parallel bus scan disabled
ahci strict-ahci.0: AHCI 0001.0300 32 slots 2 ports 6 Gbps 0x3 impl platform mode
ahci strict-ahci.0: flags: ncq sntf stag clo slum part 
scsi0 : ahci_platform
scsi1 : ahci_platform
ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 mmio [mem 0x10181000-0x10190fff] port 0x100 irq 41
ata2: SATA max UDMA/133 mmio [mem 0x10181000-0x10190fff] port 0x180 irq 41
 
Yes it works (2 disks on sata interfaces)
I'm in the process of transferring recordings with some success as the old disk has a fault.
 
i do simply,

Code:
fsck.ext4 /dev/sda1
 
i do simply,

Code:
fsck.ext4 /dev/sda1

Method I posted gives a visual of progress tho, so better if you're waiting to see when it finishes...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
When I swapped out my 250Gb HDD for a 500Gb drive I plugged the new drive in the box and formatted it.

I then just plugged both the old and new in my PC, then booted up off a Ubuntu boot CD then simply used file explorer to copy and paste the files across.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top