Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] What Outstanding Issues Do you Want Sorted in Image?

Hi
OK, here it is.
Thanks.
It's continually backing off the timer. That means one of the conditions to allow DeepStandby isn't being matched.

These are:
  • if the box is not in Standby and is playing back a recording or showing an IPTV channel
  • if there are streaming clients
  • if there is a recording being made
  • if a new recording is to start or a channel zap is set to occur within teh next 15mins
  • if the DeepStandby is only to happen when the box is in Standby and it is not in Standby
  • if the DeepStandby is only to happen when the box is in Standby, it is in Standby but an internal disk is not idle.

My inclination, based on your other comments, is towards that last test - in particular the check for the disk being idle. What do you have your disk sleep timer set to?

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Storage devices -> Hard disk settings -> Hard disk standby after
 
Last edited:
Thanks.
It's continually backing off te timer. That means one of the conditions to allow DeepStandby isn;t being matched.

These are:
  • if the box is not in Standby and is playing back a recording or showing an IPTV channel
  • if there are streaming clients
  • if there is a recording being made
  • if a new recording is to start or a channel zap is set to occur within teh next 15mins
  • if the DeepStandby is only to happen when the box is in Standby and it is not in Standby
  • if the DeepStandby is only to happen when the box is in Standby, it is in Standby but an internal disk is not idle.

My inclination, based on your other comments, is towards that last test - in particular the check for the disk being idle. What do you have your disk sleep timer set to?

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Storage devices -> Hard disk settings -> Hard disk standby after

Hi

That setting is at 5min - I have never altered that setting so I assume it is the default.

An example. I have the box manually put to deep standby at 01:00 and have a timer set for a programme (Daily Politics) 12:00 - 13:00, and no other timer until (One Show) at 19:00. At 15:00 I see the box is in Active mode (not standby and not deep standby), where as in previous versions, the box would have returned to deepstandby by that time since last recording.

One thing I should also have mentioned, and only just came to mind. Since the last couple of VIX updates, when I manually set to deep standby, I always get the 'recording in progress or coming up soon' message - this regardless of the fact that the next recording isn't due for several hours, and there is no recording in progress.
 
Hi
My timeshift settings were: Automatic start after = disabled, stop timeshift whilke recording = yes

I set the 2nd one to 'no', and tried a manual deep standby - still get the message about recordings - next recording isnt due for 1 hour and no current recording taking place.
Well, you did have the combination which caused me exactly the same problem getting into deep standby.
Are you sure you saved the change with the green button?
 
Well, you did have the combination which caused me exactly the same problem getting into deep standby.
Are you sure you saved the change with the green button?

Hi
Yes, the settings were commited using the green button.

Just to confirm, these are my current timeshift settings now:
location: default
auto start: disabled
warning: no
save: don't save
stop while recording: no
seekbar: no
warning streaming: no
 
Mine are:

/media/hdd/timeshft
Disabled
yes
Ask user
no
yes
yes
 
Hi
Yes, those settings are identical to mine when I first tried the change of the 5th item in the list from Yes to No. I since tried various changes ending up with those I posted. None of them worked. Still getting the message when trying manual deep standby. (recording now so can't try further for the moiment)
 
Maybe a reboot will sort it.

Over to @birdman, methinks.
 
I always get the 'recording in progress or coming up soon' message - this regardless of the fact that the next recording isn't due for several hours, and there is no recording in progress.
That's something that will require some debug information gathering to sort out.
If I produce some (python) files with additional debug logging statements in would you be able to put them onto your system, run with debug logs and post the logs back here for me to look at? It might take several cycles of this to track down what is (not) happening.
 
Hi
My timeshift settings were: Automatic start after = disabled, stop timeshift whilke recording = yes

I set the 2nd one to 'no', and tried a manual deep standby - still get the message about recordings - next recording isnt due for 1 hour and no current recording taking place.
I wonder if your power timer is being counted as a "timer due to start soon"?
 
Hi

Well, some good news (as far as I am concerned). After the setting change of the 'stop timeshift while recording to Yes' from ccs post, and after yesterdays recordings were finishedI put the box into deep standby as usual and did NOT get the more usual warning about 'recordings in progress/starting soon' and box went straight to deep standby. Today, at a short time after last recording, the box reverted back to deep standby as per the Power Timer.

Seems the timeshift settings are somehow causing the issue I had.
 
2. Support for my Logitech K400 wireless keyboard so I can use the Chromium Browser with ease (rather than fumbling with the remote control unit) ... :)
To elaborate a bit on that: this has been an issue with all VU's since the day the DUO (which was their first STB) was born. VU has 'hacked around' this driver bug, and VTi & BH as well (they use the VU factory image as basis and add some plugins). In the beginning we could also work-around this bug (remember: we support other brands as well, so normally hacks in E2 are not done) in an easy way, until a driver update (quite some time ago).
I know from reliable sources that VU has promised to fix this in their drivers, but they never did. So chances that they do so now after stubbornly refusing that for 6 years seems unlikely (to me).
 
To elaborate a bit on that: this has been an issue with all VU's since the day the DUO (which was their first STB) was born. VU has 'hacked around' this driver bug, and VTi & BH as well (they use the VU factory image as basis and add some plugins). In the beginning we could also work-around this bug (remember: we support other brands as well, so normally hacks in E2 are not done) in an easy way, until a driver update (quite some time ago).
I know from reliable sources that VU has promised to fix this in their drivers, but they never did. So chances that they do so now after stubbornly refusing that for 6 years seems unlikely (to me).

Ahh that's sad then ... shame on VU!! Pity as having a fully working keyboard certainly makes using the browser much more appealing ...

If I wanted to highlight that issue directly with VU how would one do that??
 
That's something that will require some debug information gathering to sort out.
If I produce some (python) files with additional debug logging statements in would you be able to put them onto your system, run with debug logs and post the logs back here for me to look at? It might take several cycles of this to track down what is (not) happening.

Hi
I would gladly have done that, but as you will see from later posts, the issue seems to have been fixed with the change to Timeshift settings.
 
Hi
I would gladly have done that, but as you will see from later posts, the issue seems to have been fixed with the change to Timeshift settings.
Ah, good. That's all the better.

Given that this has now happened twice (at least) I suppose I might try looking at why this setting has this effect. ((IIRC for ccs it happened even when timeshift wasn't actually enabled...). That means pushing up my list a bit...
 
Ah, good. That's all the better.

Given that this has now happened twice (at least) I suppose I might try looking at why this setting has this effect. ((IIRC for ccs it happened even when timeshift wasn't actually enabled...). That means pushing up my list a bit...
Hi
Thanks for your help.
Actually, I did have 'Automatically start Timeshift' set to Disabled at the time of my issue. I think the culprit was the 'Stop Timeshift while Recording' which I had at Yes (I think that was the default), and after changing to 'No', my issue appears to have been fixed.
I don't know what all the defaults are, but as I have never used Timeshift, I *think* that the only setting I may have originally changed would be the Enabled to Disabled.
 
Updated Vu Duo 2 box to 5.0.013 and now when I press left or right key when watching recorded program it brings up seek bar instead of fast forward and rewind. Can this be fixed?
 
Updated Vu Duo 2 box to 5.0.013 and now when I press left or right key when watching recorded program it brings up seek bar instead of fast forward and rewind. Can this be fixed?
This thread is about the Ultimo 4K. Please start your own thread.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top