Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] What's the difference between the single EPG and the enhanced EPG

simonc

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
Nov 3, 2017
Messages
888
Reaction score
0
Points
16
I'm slightly baffled by the provision of 2 single channel views in the EPG, the Enhanced EPG and the Single EPG. What does single offer that enhanced doesn't provide? Looking at the code I can see that enhanced adds the following:
  • Displays bouquet with the service name
  • Change to service with number key entry
  • Change service with Ch+ Ch- buttons
  • Change bouquet with < >
  • Ability to switch to the single EPG by a long press of Info
As a user, what's the benefit of pressing long info to switch from Enhanced to Single? Both views use the same skin to render the same information the same way. Why is it an advantage to not be able to switch services or bouquets when in single view?

I only really spotted this difference when I was trying to work out why I can't use Ch+ and Ch- after pressing EPG from the graph EPG. Would it not be more straightforward to just open the enhanced EPG in this case? Then when you've got a single service view, you know you can always switch services regardless of how you got there.

What does everyone think?
 
How are you activating Enhanced EPG please? All options set and button pushes please. Screenshots would help.

Best to use the ViX night HD skin for your comparisons as it is skinned for the exact screens instead of pseudonyms
 
Single EPG:
Purpose: View EPG for that service only
Activated by: Up (next to OK) > EPG
Navigation: Not permitted as you want to view EPG for one service only

As per Andy
SingleEPG = SimpleEPG
Single EPG is required for Autotimer, EPG search etc
Otherwise you lose focus

Enhanced EPG
Purpose: Show EPG for a single service
Activated by: (one method) in live TV, press Red
Navigation: Permitted
 
Last edited:
We have a bug in channelselection.py This may be why we need to address the "focus issue".

To reproduce the bug

Perform an "Enigma2 scan" of 28.2
Using ABM to create Freesat bouquets

In service list, select a service that is not on Freesat, e.g BT Sport/ESPN
Press EPG to invoke G-EPG, you will now be in the first bouquet that your system has

On PLI which does not have our EPG screens nor this bug, you will be in the all services group.

I think you can reproduce this on Terrestrail only system, basically some services must not be in any bouquet
 
To get to the enhanced EPG I'm pressing red from live TV or from when the infobar is showing which displays this:
enh.webp
To get to the single EPG, I'm pressing EPG from the graph EPG here:
grid.webp
which displays this
single.webp

Now you've pointed it out, I can see where Autotimer uses the single EPG. I've never spotted this feature as we always "import" autotimers from the graph EPG, rather than launch autotimer, then use it to look for the thing to create. So, given that the single EPG has widespread use amongst plugins, perhaps my question should be modified a little to this:
Why am I limited to a view of the current service when opening the single EPG from the graph EPG? If I've scrolled down a few pages and am wondering what's on the next service in the bouquet at the same time, I have to press exit, then Ch+, then EPG, then scroll down to get to the time I was viewing previously. Could we change this to just open the enhanced EPG from the graph EPG to give that extra flexibility?

Re the channelselection.py question you asked, how does one change channel to a service that's not in a bouquet? I'm not using the alternate channel numbering setting and I'm on terrestrial only.

I couldn't see a way to do settings as an attachment, so here they are as code
Code:
config.autobouquetsmaker.addprefix=True
config.autobouquetsmaker.hidesections=terrestrial_uk_freeview:670
config.autobouquetsmaker.keepallbouquets=False
config.autobouquetsmaker.level=expert
config.autobouquetsmaker.placement=bottom
config.autobouquetsmaker.providers=terrestrial_uk_freeview:ridge_hill_________:33:
config.autobouquetsmaker.repeattype=monthly
config.autobouquetsmaker.retry=30
config.autobouquetsmaker.showextraservices=True
config.autobouquetsmaker.skipservices=False
config.autolanguage.audio_autoselect1=
config.autolanguage.audio_defaultac3=False
config.autolanguage.audio_epglanguage=eng qaa Englisch
config.autolanguage.equal_languages=0
config.autolanguage.subtitle_hearingimpaired=True
config.av.autores_delay=500
config.av.generalAC3delay=-85
config.av.generalPCMdelay=-85
config.av.pip=510,60,180,135
config.av.pip_mode=byside
config.av.videomode.HDMI=1080p
config.av.videorate.1080p=60Hz
config.av.videorate.720p=multi
config.backupmanager.backupdirs=['/etc/enigma2/', '/etc/fstab', '/etc/hostname', '/etc/network/interfaces', '/etc/passwd', '/etc/shadow', '/etc/etc/shadow', '/etc/resolv.conf', '/etc/ushare.conf', '/etc/inadyn.conf', '/etc/tuxbox/config/', '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf', '/usr/softcams/', '/etc/auto.network', '/usr/crossepg/providers', '/etc/samba', '/usr/keys', '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/favourites.xml', '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/terrestrial_uk_freeview_CustomMix.xml', '/usr/script']
config.backupmanager.backupretry=30
config.backupmanager.lastbackup=1544616000
config.backupmanager.number_to_keep=0
config.backupmanager.query=False
config.backupmanager.repeattype=weekly
config.backupmanager.schedule=True
config.backupmanager.xtraplugindir=/media/hdd/Plugins/
config.btdevicesmanager.autostart=True
config.cccaminfo.ecmInfoTime=5
config.cccaminfo.serverNameLength=22
config.crash.daysloglimit=8
config.crash.debugloglimit=4
config.crash.sizeloglimit=10
config.epg.cacheloadtimer=24
config.epg.cachesavetimer=24
config.epg.freesat=False
config.epg.histminutes=120
config.epg.netmed=False
config.epg.viasat=False
config.epg.virgin=False
config.epgselection.enhanced_eventfs=0
config.epgselection.enhanced_itemsperpage=12
config.epgselection.enhanced_ok=Zap + Exit
config.epgselection.enhanced_oklong=Zap
config.epgselection.enhanced_preview_mode=False
config.epgselection.graph_eventfs=0
config.epgselection.graph_info=Single EPG
config.epgselection.graph_infolong=Channel Info
config.epgselection.graph_infowidth=50
config.epgselection.graph_itemsperpage=10
config.epgselection.graph_piconwidth=100
config.epgselection.graph_preview_mode=False
config.epgselection.graph_prevtime=9:11
config.epgselection.graph_prevtimeperiod=240
config.epgselection.graph_primetimehour=20
config.epgselection.graph_primetimemins=0
config.epgselection.graph_rec_icon_height=middle
config.epgselection.graph_servfs=0
config.epgselection.graph_servicetitle_mode=picon
config.epgselection.graph_servicewidth=250
config.epgselection.graph_timelinefs=0
config.epgselection.infobar_eventfs=0
config.epgselection.infobar_infowidth=50
config.epgselection.infobar_itemsperpage=2
config.epgselection.infobar_piconwidth=100
config.epgselection.infobar_primetimehour=20
config.epgselection.infobar_primetimemins=0
config.epgselection.infobar_servfs=0
config.epgselection.infobar_servicetitle_mode=picon+servicename
config.epgselection.infobar_servicewidth=250
config.epgselection.infobar_timelinefs=0
config.epgselection.multi_eventfs=0
config.epgselection.multi_itemsperpage=18
config.epgselection.multi_ok=Zap + Exit
config.epgselection.multi_oklong=Zap
config.epgselection.multi_preview_mode=False
config.hdmicec.handle_deepstandby_events=True
config.imagemanager.backupretry=30
config.imagemanager.lastbackup=0
config.imagemanager.number_to_keep=0
config.inputDevices.event0.name=HID 0a5c:4502
config.inputDevices.event1.name=HID 0a5c:4503
config.lcd.contrast=20
config.lcd.dimbright=1
config.misc.ButtonSetup.back=Infobar/historyBack
config.misc.ButtonSetup.blue_long=Plugins/Extensions/Morpheus/1
config.misc.ButtonSetup.epg=
config.misc.ButtonSetup.epg_long=Infobar/openMultiServiceEPG
config.misc.ButtonSetup.f2=Plugins/Extensions/AntiLogo/1
config.misc.ButtonSetup.HDMIin=Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer/2
config.misc.ButtonSetup.red=
config.misc.ButtonSetup.red_long=Module/Screens.SkinSelector/SkinSelector
config.misc.ButtonSetup.text=Module/Screens.SkinSelector/SkinSelector
config.misc.ButtonSetup.timeshift=Infobar/stopTimeshift
config.misc.disable_background_scan=True
config.misc.erase_flags=3
config.misc.firstrun=False
config.misc.initialchannelselection=False
config.misc.isNextRecordTimerAfterEventActionAuto=True
config.misc.languageselected=False
config.misc.restorewizardrun=True
config.misc.showradiopic=False
config.misc.startCounter=988
config.misc.videowizardenabled=False
config.movielist.btn_F1=@search EPG
config.movielist.btn_F2=reset
config.movielist.btn_F3=@IMDb search
config.movielist.btn_greenlong=bookmarks
config.movielist.btn_yellow=createdir
config.movielist.fontsize=0
config.movielist.hide_extensions=True
config.movielist.itemsperpage=13
config.movielist.last_timer_videodir=/media/hdd/TV/Films/
config.movielist.last_videodir=/media/hdd/TV/Simon/
config.movielist.moviesort=2
config.movielist.play_audio_internal=False
config.movielist.root=/media/hdd
config.movielist.stop_service=False
config.movielist.videodirs=['/media/hdd/TV/Films/', '/media/hdd/TV/', '/media/hdd/TV/Documentaries/', '/media/hdd/TV/Drama/', '/media/hdd/TV/Music/']
config.network.wol=True
config.Nims.0.multiType=1
config.Nims.0.terrestrial=Ridge Hill (Europe DVB-T/T2)
config.Nims.1.multiType=1
config.Nims.1.terrestrial=Ridge Hill (Europe DVB-T/T2)
config.Nims.2.multiType=1
config.Nims.2.terrestrial=Ridge Hill (Europe DVB-T/T2)
config.OpenWebif.identifier_custom=True
config.OpenWebif.identifier_text=xtrend
config.OpenWebif.responsive_enabled=True
config.OpenWebif.responsive_min_epglist=True
config.OpenWebif.responsive_rcu_full_view=True
config.OpenWebif.webcache.moviesort=dated
config.oscaminfo.intervall=10
config.osd.alpha=255
config.osd.dst_height=576
config.osd.dst_left=0
config.osd.dst_top=0
config.osd.dst_width=720
config.osd.threeDmode=off
config.pic.autoOrientation=True
config.pic.lastDir=/media/hdd/Music/
config.plugins.autotimer.add_name_to_tags=True
config.plugins.autotimer.check_eit_and_remove=True
config.plugins.autotimer.delay=30
config.plugins.autotimer.editdelay=3
config.plugins.autotimer.interval=8
config.plugins.autotimer.maxdaysinfuture=3
config.plugins.autotimer.popup_timeout=5
config.plugins.autotimer.show_help=False
config.plugins.autotimer.show_in_extensionsmenu=True
config.plugins.autotimer.show_in_plugins=True
config.plugins.autotimer.timeout=5
config.plugins.autotimer.unit=hour
config.plugins.dlnaserver.autostart=True
config.plugins.epgimport.longDescDays=5
config.plugins.epgsearch.history=['The Cat Returns', "Britain's Most Historic Towns", 'Have I Got', 'Cameraperson', '2 Guns']
config.plugins.epgsearch.history_length=10
config.plugins.epgsearch.numorbpos=0
config.plugins.FanSetup.fanspeed=87
config.plugins.FanSetup.mode=standby
config.plugins.FanSetup.systempwatch=on
config.plugins.FanSetup.systemtemp=50
config.plugins.FanSetup.timeset=off
config.plugins.Morpheus.asktime=0
config.plugins.Morpheus.fadepixel=10
config.plugins.Morpheus.speed=10
config.plugins.Morpheus.tvmute=False
config.plugins.remotecontroltype.rctype=16
config.plugins.sgrabber.items=All
config.plugins.sgrabber.newsize=-r1920
config.plugins.sgrabber.scut=green
config.plugins.vps.infotext=2
config.plugins.YahooWeather.compactskin=False
config.radio.lastroot=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "bouquets.radio" ORDER BY bouquet;1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.abm.terrestrial_uk_freeview.main.radio" ORDER BY bouquet;
config.radio.lastservice=1:0:2:1A40:1050:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
config.recording.keep_timers=120
config.recording.margin_after=3
config.recording.margin_before=1
config.recording.offline_decode_delay=1000
config.seek.selfdefined_13=10
config.seek.selfdefined_46=60
config.seek.selfdefined_79=180
config.seek.sensibility=10
config.seek.speeds_slowmotion=[2, 4, 8, 16]
config.skin.display_skin=Simple/skin_display.xml
config.softcammanager.softcamtimer=6
config.softwareupdate.check=False
config.softwareupdate.checktimer=24
config.softwareupdate.updateisunstable=0
config.softwareupdate.updatelastcheck=1544972417
config.subtitles.dvb_subtitles_backtrans=100
config.timeshift.favoriteSaveAction=noSave
config.timeshift.showinfobar=False
config.timeshift.startdelay=5
config.timeshift.stream_warning=False
config.tv.lastroot=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "bouquets.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.abm.favourites.main.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;
config.tv.lastservice=1:0:1:3E30:3006:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
config.usage.allowed_timeshift_paths=['/media/hdd/timeshift/']
config.usage.alternatives_priority=4
config.usage.boolean_graphic=True
config.usage.date.compact=%-d %b 
config.usage.date.compressed=%-d%b 
config.usage.date.displayday=%a %-d %b
config.usage.default_path=/media/hdd/TV/
config.usage.elapsed_time_positive_osd=True
config.usage.elapsed_time_positive_vfd=True
config.usage.enable_tt_caching=False
config.usage.hide_ci_messages=True
config.usage.hide_zap_errors=True
config.usage.infobar_timeout=4
config.usage.instantrec_path=/media/hdd/TV/
config.usage.last_movie_played=1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:/media/hdd/TV/Simon/20180712 1929 - BBC FOUR HD - The Sky at Night.ts
config.usage.menu_show_numbers=True
config.usage.movielist_piconwidth=100
config.usage.movielist_servicename_mode=picon
config.usage.movielist_servicewidth=250
config.usage.movielist_trashcan_days=8
config.usage.movielist_trashcan_reserve=40
config.usage.movielist_unseen=False
config.usage.numzappicon=True
config.usage.on_movie_stop=quit
config.usage.panicbutton=False
config.usage.pip_hideOnExit=without popup
config.usage.quickzap_picons=True
config.usage.record_indicator_mode=1
config.usage.screen_saver=0
config.usage.service_icon_enable=True
config.usage.serviceinfo_fontsize=2
config.usage.serviceitems_per_page=14
config.usage.servicelist_column=0
config.usage.servicelist_cursor_behavior=standard
config.usage.servicename_fontsize=2
config.usage.servicenum_fontsize=2
config.usage.show_channel_jump_in_servicelist=number
config.usage.show_cryptoinfo=0
config.usage.show_icons_in_movielist=p
config.usage.show_infobar_dimming_speed=40
config.usage.show_message_when_recording_starts=False
config.usage.show_second_infobar=0
config.usage.show_spinner=False
config.usage.showdish=off
config.usage.subnetwork=False
config.usage.swap_media_time_display_on_osd=1
config.usage.swap_media_time_display_on_vfd=3
config.usage.swap_time_display_on_osd=1
config.usage.swap_time_display_on_vfd=3
config.usage.swap_time_remaining_on_osd=1
config.usage.swap_time_remaining_on_vfd=1
config.usage.task_warning=False
config.usage.timer_path=/media/hdd/TV/
config.usage.trashsort_deltime=show delete time
config.vixsettings.InfoBarEpg_mode=1
 
I didn't mention anything about alternate numbering. I don't think it affects the channel selection bug. I've not checked.

To select a service not in a bouquet, press up (next to OK), green for satellites. you can then select from there.

I think the single EPG name needs expanding/segregation. Simple EPG and Enhanced EPG. Log does not show what EPG screen you are in, just says EPG selection

If enhanced EPG from graph EPG does not cause issues, we can try it.
 
I'll give the idea a test and submit a PR if it works then :-)
 
Repo'd the bug. It's because the graph EPG (and the multi) have a bouquet list that they maintain a selection for. If you're on a channel that isn't in a bouquet, then the selection in the bouquet list can't be set and the first item is left selected. Thoughts on what the behaviour should be? Show the actual bouquet name in the title area obviously, but should that name also appear in the bouquet list? Perhaps not as this'd not make much sense if you've got "show bouquet list before epg" enabled.
 
On OpenPLI you will open up on the service list.

This may be a commit to look at

Code:
https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2/commit/63719e8968eae0913e0719a07165c8efe3cdbf64#diff-b7956cf9cfb4a799ab0bee4f838ab607
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top