Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Mut@nt HD2400] When new image comes

Bazzer

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2014
Messages
670
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
74
Location
Nottingham
When the new image arrives is there anything I can do to make life easier when after refreshing via usb with no restore settings.
 
When the new image arrives is there anything I can do to make life easier when after refreshing via usb with no restore settings.

You will be fine with a settings restore but not a plugins restore. So all your cam, timers, autotimers etc will be saved, but your skins etc (from plugins) will need to be done from fresh.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You will be fine with a settings restore but not a plugins restore. So all your cam, timers, autotimers etc will be saved, but your skins etc (from plugins) will need to be done from fresh.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy, I always thought that the settings in the backup were the main issue, because of changing parameters in the Image's modules. Surely when you restore plugins it restores the plugin anew from the feeds.... the issue then is that you have restored settings that may conflict with the plugin module from the feeds if it has been updated and with any new Enigma Image changes??????
 
Thanks Andy much appreciated really happy with how the Mutant is running on Hades 18 don't want to spoil it fingers crossed :D
 
Andy, I always thought that the settings in the backup were the main issue, because of changing parameters in the Image's modules. Surely when you restore plugins it restores the plugin anew from the feeds.... the issue then is that you have restored settings that may conflict with the plugin module from the feeds if it has been updated and with any new Enigma Image changes??????

You are fine with a settings restore, I don't recommend a plugins restore. Done loads of testing without any restores and with settings restores (Hades 018) and alls fine, just not the plugins.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
Surely when you restore plugins it restores the plugin anew from the feeds

The feeds are rebuilt with the image but your restore file contains references to plugins that were built for a previous image and that can cause issues if they were built for different kernel versions etc. personally I never use any form of settings restore. I manually backup the few config files I need along with timers etc and setup every thing else from scratch, this is the best way to eliminate issues with updates etc.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top