Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Which Catseye settings should I be using for fixed and motorised dish setup?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LeeC22
  • Start date Start date
L

LeeC22

Guest
When the installer fitted my motorised dish, he added some Catseye settings to my setup. I wasn't watching closely enough to spot which ones he chose from the settings list. Because he knew what he was doing, he did it pretty fast, and I just presumed that once in, they would remain working. Whilst browsing some of the satellites, some of the channels are showing up as having moved to other places, and I am not sure if this is something that a later set of settings would solve. I am just not sure which ones to install, to cater for my setup.

I have a twin dish setup. One is a Skydish, feeding my VU+ Uno Twin with one feed into Tuner B. The other is a motorised dish, which I can get from about 4.0W to about 53.0E... maybe a bit more eastwards. That runs into my Tuner A. I found some settings called "Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-45 West 16.11.13", but I don't know if those would cause any problems. There doesn't seem to be anything matching that in the settings list in ViX, and that range is way beyond what I can get.

Having just got it set up, I obviously don't want to b*lls everything up, by carelessly copying incorrect settings over. So I am just looking for a bit of clarification as to what I should be looking for, with regards to choosing the correct settings file... if possible.

I used DreamboxEdit to get the current files from the receiver, and that gets me 339 userboquet.XXXX.tv files, which is way more than in the settings file I found.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention, I have ABM setting up my Sky boquets, but the Catseye settings seem to create them as well.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have just discovered, that in the existing "userbouquet.EE54.tv", it gives the name of the settings file used. Turns out it is using the ones I mentioned in the post above. Guess I should look more closely, before asking stupid questions. :o
 
At least such posts give us brain dead amateurs some more clues on the settings. Amazing what you can discover from another's questions.
 
Well after all the years I spent learning to programme in various languages with the help of others, and then teaching people art/programming & design, I have learned that information is useful to other people. I try to post verbose questions, and will always try to post any solutions I find myself.

The wheel has already been reinvented, no point in making every person invent their own I say.
 
Even if you had just a 28.2 fixed dish, you can still use a motorsied channel settings/bouquet list. You just won't be able to select the ones for which your tuner cannot use. Layout may not be best but still works.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top