Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Why not add 'disable background scanning' ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter leecovuk
  • Start date Start date
L

leecovuk

Guest
Hello,

I've been curious for a while why it appears that only the PLi images offer 'disable background scanning'.

Is there a reason why ViX, for example, doesn't add such a feature?
Presumably Andy either doesn't know how to, or doesn't see a need for it.

It's a very useful feature for those of us who want to stay in control of our channel lists or keep manual edits of channel names.

Thanks,
Lee
UK
 
Hello,

I've been curious for a while why it appears that only the PLi images offer 'disable background scanning'.

Is there a reason why ViX, for example, doesn't add such a feature?
Presumably Andy either doesn't know how to, or doesn't see a need for it.

It's a very useful feature for those of us who want to stay in control of our channel lists or keep manual edits of channel names.

Thanks,
Lee
UK

sorry dont know what this is or does, you have to remeber the PLi in not the normal enigma2 they have done major work on there own in it. so you can't assume that w know about such thing
 
sorry dont know what this is or does, you have to remeber the PLi in not the normal enigma2 they have done major work on there own in it. so you can't assume that w know about such thing

andy background scanning is where the sats scan new frequencies by them selves in the bakground

its actually a good thing for when sly updates frquencies that way they will be in bouquets yellow button new without any messing about
 
my main reason for no wanting background scanning is I have an edited channel list with all the xxx channels removed

spent ages doing this only for backgound scanning to put it back in :mad:

another way would be on option in setup to only see favourites bouquets blue button

so unwanted channels under the skin sort of speak in fact I would prefere this one
 
my main reason for no wanting background scanning is I have an edited channel list with all the xxx channels removed

spent ages doing this only for backgound scanning to put it back in :mad:

another way would be on option in setup to only see favourites bouquets blue button

so unwanted channels under the skin sort of speak in fact I would prefere this one

not having xxx channels in a bouqet wont show them and also you can put parental lock on them for when they are accessed from under the skin of the bouquets
 
Background scanning may be very convenient for most users, but not for me.
:)
This is because I manually edit all the channel names to my taste. My changes get lost due to background scanning.

Unless I'm using a PLi image, I use Dreamset to force 'untouched by SDT' on all TV and Radio channels. This seems to mimic 'disable background scanning' for my purposes.
 
I can't see the point in arguing about this ,the fact is that people want this ,it isn't too hard for family to get out of the bouquets and stumble upon channels you don't want them watching.
You could always do this with enigma 1, i did what linux geek did and removed all the channels other than the ones in my bouquets ,if the channel moved i just rescanned and put it back in, that doesn't happen that often.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top