Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[OS-mega] Wired network freezes

jthyme

New member
Joined
Nov 15, 2016
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Dublin
Several times a day the network completely freezes on my OS mega network. Box is connected to the wired network. Originally I thought this was related to any plugin like MgCamd, cccam but I am actually having this issue without any plugins loaded. No problems at all with network freezes when using wifi. I have also discovered that by reseating the ethernet cable from ethernet port on the OS mega, the network is resumed. To me this is either a software bug with the ethernet driver or a possible hardware issue. I cannot remember having this problem when I was on openvix 4. I have not yet tried to flash with openatv but I am seriously considering that because this is really frustrating. Any help is highly appreciated.
 
Looks like a hardware problem to me. Try with a different ethernet cable first. Also power cycle your modem/router.
 
I have tried to change ethernet cable, put it different port of my router (VM Superhub 3.0). I have rebooted the router many times. None of these actually helped. I am starting to suspect there might be an issue with my router. By just reseating the cable in the router, network is resumed.
 
No other devices plugged in with ethernet cable in the router, but of course a bunch of wifi devices like phones and tablets etc connected via wifi. I am using DHCP on everything so there is no ip conflict on my network. I believe the problem is actually with my router. Yesterday I hooked up a D-link dir 615 switch to my suberhub 3 router and connected my OSmega to my D-link. I just configured D-link as a pass through switch. DHCP still on the superhub. Guess what? No more network disconnect so far. So my conclusion to this is that my OS mega ethernet and VM superhub 3.0 does not like each other. Perhaps it is a hardware fault on the superhub but I am sure that it will be impossible to prove that for the support since it only happens intermittent.
 
Those "super" hubs are known to be a pile of crap. Actually most provider-supplied gear is cheap crap. You could also test the router by connecting a laptop/pc directly to it by cable and see what happens. I would very much doubt the receiver is faulty.
 
Did you ever check your Downstream and upstream power levels on the Super hub?
 
Never checked Downstream and upstream power levels on the Super hub. Is there any value that I should look out for?
 
Yes. Power levels not at the correct rate can significant affect on your network.
Downstream should be between -6 and +10.
Upstream levels Should be in the 40’s or high 30’s
 
Last edited:
Downstream is between +6 and +10 and Upstream is between 47-49 so I guess that parts is fine
 
Unfortunately my problem continues. I got a new SH3 from VM and I have tried both in modem only mode (connected to another router) and router mode. The OSmega's network shuts down at least once a day regardless of my setup. I can resume network by restarting network in the openvix network setup or by simply reseating the ethernet cable. This has to be either a bug in the image or hardware fault on the ethernet port. If I am swapping to wifi then my freezes are gone. However the wifi speed is not that great and I want to use the wired network. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
 
Last edited:
My dad has same issue with his VM router.

Won't pass any data through lan to his OS mini+. Is assigned and IP address and passes the network test but can't download any data e.g. Plugins ect

Luckily it has wifi which works fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Problems continues. I have done a fresh install with OpenViX 5.0.032. No IPTV or any extra extension loaded but still the wired internal LAN adapter freezes from time to time. I have contacted the hardware vendor and they say it is a bug or driver problem in openvix and I should try with openATV instead. According to them it is not a hardware fault. I don't really want to use openATV anyway so I will not go down that road. Looks to me that it has to be a driver issue here. I don't have any issues when configuring the box to use wifi adapter instead. Can somebody on the Vix team investigate this driver/bug problem? I really want to be able to use the wired network instead of wifi.
 
I'm going to replace a Miraclebox Premium Micro which is showing a similar problem - the ethernet connection just dies until the cable is reseated.

I've got a Formuler F1 so will see if that has the same problem but it's been doing it for months now so I'm hopeful this will fix it.

I'm going to run the Miraclebox here to see if the interface problems persist but never thought of trying ATV - maybe the problems are related.
 
Last edited:
is the IP address of the STB pingable from other network devices OR does it drop off the network?

How about the other devices on the same LAN segment - are they also effected or not?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top