Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Wireless Network Not Activated After Reboot

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ath3na
  • Start date Start date
A

Ath3na

Guest
Hi guys,

I have an UNO running Vix 2.3 with a TP-LINK TL-WN321G USB wireless adaptor.

Everything works over wireless fine. The problem occurs when I restart the UNO.
For some reason the wireless does not automatically reconnect.

When I go into network the Green network status is not on in the menu.

I am using WPA2 security on my router.
I have a static IP of 192.168.1.x

Restarting the network doesn't resolve the problem.

What is interesting is if I go into the wireless network adaptor settings and toggle between WPA and WPA2 / WPA2 and save settings it prompts me "Are you sure you want to activate this network configuration"

I hit yes and my network is connected and everything works perfectly with no issues at all.

I have the LAN option disabled.

I reboot or power off and I have to go back into the network adaptor settings and toggle to either WPA and WPA2 / WPA2 and it works again.

I tried this

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...oot-no-more-WLAN&p=80944&viewfull=1#post80944

Adding
pre-up /sbin/ifconfig wlan0 up

but it makes no difference post reboot.

I am pretty good at networking but not so good with Linux :(

Any ideas?
 
I had a similar issue with WLAN and I was able to sort it by using just WPA and not WPA2. You can try to establish the connection without any encryption and try if the problem then also occurs; if your problem is gone then it can be as I suggested.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top