Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Write error disc full on fat32 usb hdd

  • Thread starter Thread starter jez
  • Start date Start date
Catch 22.

Through STB you can only format in ext 4. Doing so gives you the hard link error.

I posted a question a few weeks back. After no response I had to format in a dm800.

I've formatted a good few drives in different boxes & never had this hard link error.
 
I've formatted a good few drives in different boxes & never had this hard link error.
I posted this thread on 30/3/2013. I did not have the issue with the hardlink error before. I think the change in the image has permanently created the SDC mountpoint on my receiver even though nothing is connected to it. (TM Twin)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...ift-device-on-ext4-device&p=205400#post205400

Are you currently using an ext4 USB drive? If not, would you mind testing please?
 
using an internal HDD in the twin & no issues formatting it in the box.
the Operation not permitted error might because the drive was already in use, have a look in mount manager & unmount it before formatting if needs be.
 
The issue relates to USB disks, not internal drives. My HDD is fine.

The issue arouse after upgarding the image. Prior to this, it was fine.
 
sorry, don't have external usb hdd here to test at the moment.
just tried with a 32GB usb stick & it formatted fine.
i'm not the biggest fan of the twin but I doubt that's the issue, have you another vix supported box you can try on?
 
should also add 'at the moment' to the above 'i'm not the biggest fan of the twin' as it's a cracking box when it works right, just let down by current drivers.
 
Formatting is fine. It is afterwards when you want to use it for timeshift etc that you get the problem as mentioned in post 5

I have a TM Single, I shall try tomorrow.
 
back on topic, ive tried using an external usb hdd formatted to ext3 and ext4 and i get the timeshift error on both of them with permanent timeshift option set to yes
 
Last edited by a moderator:
is the drive always active? how's it powered?
 
so, have you tried formatting it on the box?
also, what have you set in hard disk setup -> hard disk stand by after? might be worth trying changing those values.
 
I can record over 4gb now just get the timeshift error if permanent timeshift option is set to yes.
This is the telnet output

Welcome to OpenViX for xp1000
openvix 3.0 xp1000


xp1000 login: root

root@xp1000:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs 105.3M 62.5M 42.7M 59% /
devtmpfs 115.3M 4.0K 115.3M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
tmpfs 115.4M 92.0K 115.3M 0% /var/volatile
/dev/sda2 532.4G 238.5M 505.1G 0% /media/hdd


root@xp1000:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
ubi0:rootfs on / type ubifs (rw,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=118100k,nr_inodes=29525,mode=75
5)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=64k)
tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda2 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
root@xp1000:~#
 
Last edited by a moderator:
/media/hdd

edit: ive just changed it to
/media/hdd/timeshift and no error.....sorry and thanks robert
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes running perfect, really happy with this box and the vix image/support, nice one. :thumbup:
 
menu/setup/system/Timeshift Settings/timeshift location then with the channel up button on remote select the parent directory above the bookmarks and save it to timeshift folder in the hdd or usb mate
 
I followed your instructions jez and it says the same as what was already there. I thought you said yours now said /media/hdd/timeshift? Mine still says /hdd/timeshift?

Thanks for your help mate
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top