Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] XBMC Not Full Screen (was previously prior to Apollo 156)

pembo

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
Jun 29, 2014
Messages
642
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
UK
Following the fresh flash needed for 156 onwards, the VU XBMC (Gotham) plugin no longer seems to work in full screen, rather it's a smaller 'window' top left of the screen.

Looks like it might be related to the 1080p framebuffer stuff, and therefore the issue could fall in the VU Drivers, the VU XBMC plugin, or Openvix itself - it's not easy to determine, so wanted to raise it here. Issue has been confirmed by others in the XMBC section of the forums, on different VU devices.

I've also tried going back to a non-1080 skin, launching from an SD channel with auto resolution enabled, but nothing made a difference.

It did work fullscreen prior to the fresh flash for 156.
 
Works fine here, Solo2 on build 161 using the default ViX-Night-HD skin.
What skin are you using & are you sure it has the correct screens added?
 
Same result with vix-night-hd skin.
I'm using rossi's youvix-blue.

Assume you had it installed prior to the 156+ updates?

Just uninstalled, cleared everything related to XMBC from my HD, including the data folder, and reinstalled, but still the same.
 
Last edited:
Not that it shows a lot, but here's a screen grab which shows the position of XBMC when I launch.
Can't see the TV screen that openwebif screen grab shows though.
screenshot.webp
 
Hi,
I am quite sure that VU must fix this. I send them a note on 15.1.1 that XBMC is not working properly in 1080p and I think there was nothing changed since then.

ciao
 
Same result with vix-night-hd skin.
I'm using rossi's youvix-blue.

Assume you had it installed prior to the 156+ updates?

No, using a fresh flash of build 161, no restores used. Using a different HDD so no old hidden .xmbc folder though.
 
Hi,
I am quite sure that VU must fix this. I send them a note on 15.1.1 that XBMC is not working properly in 1080p and I think there was nothing changed since then.

ciao

I thought this might be the case - thanks
 
I have the Mutant HD2400 is it hard to set up on this box and is there any links on how to set it up , I have it running on my Pc but would like it on the Mutant.
 
I have the Mutant HD2400 is it hard to set up on this box and is there any links on how to set it up , I have it running on my Pc but would like it on the Mutant.

Looking for this also..totally in the dark
 
So am I m8 I thought it would be easy like it is on the Pc but I have tried and getting no where
 
Works fine here, Solo2 on build 161 using the default ViX-Night-HD skin.
What skin are you using & are you sure it has the correct screens added?

Ok, so as per the other thread - at least in HADES-008 it now seems to work full-screen from vix-nigth-hd, but not from youvix-blue
 
Just tried this on hades 11 from youvix-blue skin and it's back to full screen... thanks :)
 
Hi using 3.2.035 and I think I have the same issue - was the fix known? (is there anything i can do? - rather than update firmware)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top