Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

XBMC Sections added to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive not used it for a while, just catching up on a few things.
is the log just the big xbmc.log in temp? there is also an xbmc.old.log too. or are there specific log files somewhere else?

yes, new log started on each Xbmc startup old is obviously the previous log
 
Hi guys i downloaded and installed the xbmcaddon from software updates on my uno
i have it working and watch *cefilms, but not sure what the recording path is i have
a internal hdd fitted shown up in /media/hdd but not sure what else to put into path
to save recorded movies, can anybody give advice ?

thanks in advance
 
Hi guys i downloaded and installed the xbmcaddon from software updates on my uno
i have it working and watch *cefilms, but not sure what the recording path is i have
a internal hdd fitted shown up in /media/hdd but not sure what else to put into path
to save recorded movies, can anybody give advice ?

thanks in advance

Please start a new thread for support with the XBMC plugin, this thread was intended as a general announcement and discussion thread., you will get more help with your own thread than tacking questions onto this one.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
 
Hi,
I played around with XBMC and installed around 40 streaming addons and the box behaves just like a real PC:-) All addons installed and behaved as normal. Because it also uses gstreamer for playing streams the limitations for file formats are the same as in E2. This is no big drawback because >95% is h264 in different container. It is quite an plus for E2 because the community is a lot bigger then for E2.

btw. Gotham is not so old and it was the release version when the first VU beta appeared.

ciao
 
That's really great news Trial, do you know if it's possible to install custom builds that were made for Gotham builds?
 
Hi have you got navix working, I seems to be getting script error when trying to start it but I am testing it out on a different image, but all the other addons seems to run fine.
 
Hi,
I did not try NaviX jet. I saw it on my FireTV and it seems to be quite a special case. I only tried plugins from the xbmc repository up to now.

ciao
 
Navi-X, Sportsdevil & Genesis Imo are the best addons, if these work then happy days for me. Not asking for an Eta Mods but are we close to getting this on Vix?
 
Navi-X, Sportsdevil & Genesis Imo are the best addons, if these work then happy days for me. Not asking for an Eta Mods but are we close to getting this on Vix?

Testing is going well so there is no real reason why it wont be added to ViX for supported hardware very soon, we are just busy working on multiple things in the image at the moment though so cant really say when it will be released just that it's coming.
 
Cannot wait, great start to 2015..
It's still a bit clunky & needs work in some areas such as Live TV/PVR, sound on some files...
But it does work better than I'd expected so far.
Few screenies from my Solo2:

screenshot017.webp screenshot016.webp screenshot001.webp screenshot000.webp
 
Last edited:
Nice one, is Confluence the only skin available Judge? Can you or have you tried to install repositories?
 
Nice one, is Confluence the only skin available Judge? Can you or have you tried to install repositories?
No, other skins are available & easy to add repositories.
 
I must be Doing something wrong I get the 1st screen then I hit a brick wall I must have it set up wrong
 
Why have you gone with Gotham build?
Are you using the xbmc player?
Have you got a beta I can test?
Thanks
foz
 
It's not the Vix plugin and therefore not their decision on the base XBMC build,

The plugin was created by VU+ , Vix are, integrating it into their image and testing it for compatibility.

As far as I know it doesn't use the XBMC player but instead uses the same one as TSMedia (Gstreamer) . I don't have the plugin so this is an educated guess.

Also about the beta, you could just back everything up and go and grab blackhole which already has the plugin, and then switch back to Vix in a week or so when it's been released.
 
It's not the Vix plugin and therefore not their decision on the base XBMC build,

The plugin was created by VU+ , Vix are, integrating it into their image and testing it for compatibility.

As far as I know it doesn't use the XBMC player but instead uses the same one as TSMedia (Gstreamer) . I don't have the plugin so this is an educated guess.

Also about the beta, you could just back everything up and go and grab blackhole which already has the plugin, and then switch back to Vix in a week or so when it's been released.
thanks zero
they can update the Xbmc build into the vix image while coding it this is why I asked
are the vix team still going down the route of Xbmc plugin? or hard coding it into the image?
regarding the player, I am currently testing the bh beta 2 at present, i would strongly recommend the vix team trying to fix the Xbmc player before releasing
I am into my Xbmc, I write a playlist on istream under the name Anti-Matter and am involved with the community builds over at totalxbmc, i am also a beta tester for alex's (Codesnakes) port of openelec to the TRMK1 box and in a Skype group of beta testers for Xbmc boxes
I made all the config files and where to put them for the piavpn addon for openelec, and passed them to metalkettle to build the addon that can now be found in his repo
I am no coder but can manage to edit/hack python code to change things normally within the Xbmc addons etc
if I can be of any help here I am happy to try and help
foz
 
Last edited:
it would be awsome to get the xbmc media player working gstreamer works ok but its not a patch on the xbmc player
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top