duoduo
Forum Supporter

How is the testing going? Are we nearly there with a ViX release?

You're guessing wrong mate.I think the Vix guys must be trying to reverse engineer the plugin to work with other boxes or something.....
It seems that supporting virtually every device the site sponsors sells might be a minus in this case for us VU+ owners who want plugins and additions aimed at our boxes.

?? What on earth has it got to do with the sponsor?
You and other members/users are MORE than welcome to provide development in order to get the plugin working and compatible quicker. If you or anyone else can offer coding skills to ViX please feel free to PM meEVEN VU+ themselves are more than welcome to offer their help, which may I add is ZERO!
Its fairly simple,
And as for my comment about the sponsor , name one box he sells that you don't support?, not really an issue but as more boxes come online then more are supported and more dev time is shared.
I'm going to switch to Blackhole,
I think the Vix guys must be trying to reverse engineer the plugin to work with other boxes or something, I can't see why else other image makers have added and Vix have held it back.
It seems that supporting virtually every device the site sponsors sells might be a minus in this case for us VU+ owners who want plugins and additions aimed at our boxes.
Pity as I also prefer Vix over other images. I intend to back up so I can easily come back.
It seems that supporting virtually every device the site sponsors sells might be a minus in this case for us VU+ owners who want plugins and additions aimed at our boxes.
Pity as I also prefer Vix over other images. I intend to back up so I can easily come back.
Who are we talking about then?....others who do not support such a wide array of devices have already released it ...
Okay whats with the attitude?
No where in any of my posts did I say you were beholden to a manufacturer, and although you say your not paid to provide support you are actually paid to provide support by the board sponsor.

As we've said multiple times: we don't give ETA's (neither as a date nor as a percentage). When it's ready (i.e. stable enough in our opinion) it'll be released.Is there a "What % is left to do to make it stable ,or what is left to sort out" indication...
As we've said multiple times: we don't give ETA's (neither as a date nor as a percentage). When it's ready (i.e. stable enough in our opinion) it'll be released.
And indeed you can 't compare our work with that of BH & VTi; they simply use the firmware as supplied by VU+ and add some stuff.
Making only images for VU-hardware and accepting ancient code that's an easy enough job.
Don't worry it will be coming to ViX it's just that we have a lot of things going on in the image and can't give priority to what is essentially a beta from a single manufacturerOk thanks for the reply ,You cant blame us for being excited, its like the round wheel to some of us ! lol