Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Xtrend 8500 stuck on red light

ddonlon

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2014
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Points
6
My box is stuck with the red led light on and nothing happens ,I can hear some noise when I switch it on and off.
We had the power go and off twice on Sunday I am not sure if its connected.

Can I log into the box and do anything to get it going.
 
If you log into your router or use Angry IP scanner and see the receiver is connected, you can start Enigma2 in console mode and see what the issue is.

If it is connected, issue these commands and upload the output here
init 4
enigma2

Otherwise flash image by USB again.
 
I can see it is conneted using fing , I cannot see it on the router ,how do I start it in console mode
What is the log in for telnet I tried a few times but it would not coonnect
 
To start the receiver in console mode, issue the commands I posted above with Putty/Terminal. I will repost them below. However, that will not be possible if it is not connecting to the rooter.

The log in details are "root". There is no password by default, however, we have needed a password for FTP to work for a few years. Password will be whatever you set.


Code:
init 4
enigma2
 
The box is not online ,putty will not connect, I tried to flash it with a usb still got the red light on.
It is not looking like I am going to get it going.
What would a similar replacement box be that has 4 tunners, I had 3 dish one terestial.
I liked that the harddrive and tuners was easily replaced.
Thanks for the help
 
There are really not a lot of current options with that tuner combo.

Maybe the GB Quad Pro and add the additional slot-in hybrid twin DVB-C/T2 tuner. That would give you the option to record from 8x DVB-S2 transponders (if used in conjunction with a Unicable LNB), and 2x DVB-T2 multiplexes.

 
There are really not a lot of current options with that tuner combo.

Maybe the GB Quad Pro and add the additional slot-in hybrid twin DVB-C/T2 tuner. That would give you the option to record from 8x DVB-S2 transponders (if used in conjunction with a Unicable LNB), and 2x DVB-T2 multiplexes.

I have 8 outputs on my LNB, I only use three where the box is now, would that be what a unicable LNB is ? I use mine for freeview channels
I have an aerial for Saorview would the "2x DVB-T2 multiplexes" be ok for those channels
 
Freeview = Aerial in UK.

Two Terrestrial tuners ( on one tuner card) will cover all of Saorview.
You can use a univeral LNB with an FBC tuner, although you will not get most of it. There is no need to replace it unless you need access to two more planes/quadrants on 28.2 simultaneously. You can replace LNB with unicable when you have to. if you do buy a unicable LNB or switch, I find its cheaper to buy any splitters you might need at the outset instead of separately later on.

I have an ET8500 with a dead LCD. So please advertise your one in the classifieds.
 
Last edited:
SaorView is across 2 multiplexes so the twin tuner is fine.

Unicable LNB has one outlet (and sometimes legacy outputs). Your 8 outlet is a universal. You can only use that for a quadrants.
 
I got the box going , I changed the power supply for another one and it switched staright away, checked with old one again and it would not power up.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top