Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K] Zero byte recordings - one channel only

BatterBits

New member
Joined
Oct 19, 2022
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Greetings.

I had no problems with this box, until a week or so ago. I had been running a prior version of the image 6.6xx and have been doing for some time (can't remember exactly how long). All of a sudden, timers on ITV (Centrral West HD) stopped displaying, then, after a couple of days, they have all failed actually, the timers say "finished" but the files are Zero bytes. All other channels seem to be okay, just this one channel. If I record (as one offs) on the same chanel, or the +1 channel, again, no issues.

I decided to upgrade to the latest image last night, and I can see that this has not resolved the issue. It failed with (autotimer) Lingo today, timer says "finished" file - zero bytes. I set a recording for Lorraine (as a test) overnight - that one is fine.

I don't really have any idea where to go next, any help would be gratefully received.
 
Greetings.

I had no problems with this box, until a week or so ago. I had been running a prior version of the image 6.6xx and have been doing for some time (can't remember exactly how long). All of a sudden, timers on ITV (Centrral West HD) stopped displaying, then, after a couple of days, they have all failed actually, the timers say "finished" but the files are Zero bytes. All other channels seem to be okay, just this one channel. If I record (as one offs) on the same chanel, or the +1 channel, again, no issues.

I decided to upgrade to the latest image last night, and I can see that this has not resolved the issue. It failed with (autotimer) Lingo today, timer says "finished" file - zero bytes. I set a recording for Lorraine (as a test) overnight - that one is fine.

I don't really have any idea where to go next, any help would be gratefully received.

What is your tuner config?
 
The ITV channels changed transponders. Remove the dead channels and rescan. You will probably have to edit your timers as they are set using service references which have changed.
 
Last edited:
A lot of this transponder moving happening. If a new timer for the "Lorraine" programme has worked, then the simplest option is to delete the existing (non-working) AutoTimer and re-add it - pointing at the programme and service you require. If the OP is using AutoBouquetsMaker, then the changed transponder is probably updated, but the original AutoTimer and its set timers are still pointing at the old service location.
 
A lot of this transponder moving happening. If a new timer for the "Lorraine" programme has worked, then the simplest option is to delete the existing (non-working) AutoTimer and re-add it
Or just re-select the service for it, so the new service id is put into it.
 
Or just re-select the service for it, so the new service id is put into it.

Agreed, but you need to know how to get into the particular setting in AT in order to edit the service setting (it's not in the main menu settings). I found it quicker just to delete and re-add the AT.
 
I found it quicker just to delete and re-add the AT.
Depends on how many changes you amke when setting up an AT.

I always change the time span and location, often change the Day of week, etc. Changing the service is just select AT, press Blue(?) and select....
 
I do use AutoBouquet maker, and incorrectly assumed that this would take care of any issues. I will recreate the timers, and see how we get on.

Supplementary question - is there any way of changing the default settings for AutoTimer - I would prefer it not to be day specific - I currently have to always change this manually?
 
8 Tuner (well FBC) setup (no changes since setting up initially):

Tuner A DVB-S2X NIM(45308X FBC) (DVB-S2X)
Tuner B DVB-S2X NIM(45308X FBC) (DVB-S2X)
28.2° E / 5USA+1
Tuner C DVB-S2X NIM(45308X FBC) (DVB-S2X)
Tuner D DVB-S2X NIM(45308X FBC) (DVB-S2X)
Tuner E DVB-S2X NIM(45308X FBC) (DVB-S2X)
Tuner F DVB-S2X NIM(45308X FBC) (DVB-S2X)
Tuner G DVB-S2X NIM(45308X FBC) (DVB-S2X)
Tuner H DVB-S2X NIM(45308X FBC) (DVB-S2X)
 
I think @twol was asking about the tuner config in case it was causing an issue. It would seem to be the transponder moves without corresponding changes to the AutoTimer setup.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top