Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

28.2E and 9.0E on Multiswitch

Thanks. If everything is fine, nothing else required.

I've reintroduced the multiswitch and it is not working. I've tried all the voltage options. The spec for the multiswitch states it is controlled by diseqc 1.0 (2.0) commands. I've selected 1.0 and set to port B When I switched the LNB back to universal and manually entered the 'fake' transponder setup, a signal and channel was obtained again - so the multiswitch is operational and the box is capable of switching.

So the initial question remains. KA-SAT operates in isolation. However when I introduce the multiswitch it fails to respond. Why is the KA-SAT LNB diseqc setup different to the Universal setup and what should I be looking at in order to get the KA-SAT diseqc setup to operate?

Thanks.
 
I would put just one cable from the lnb to the switch and attach it to horizontal/low port.

In the tuner config of 9 east switch "tone mode" to "off".

I've set the tone mode to off for KA-SAT. It is on for 28.2 as it is universal LNB. There is only one the one cable going into the Multiswitch VL input on Sat System B now. As I have two outputs from from the KA LNB and I've now disconnected one of them, I created two LNBs for Saorsat (LNB2 & LNB3) with all settings equal as shown below. Not sure if this was the correct thing to do - but didn't work with or without the additional LNB 3 - I suspect it is superfluous and should be removed.

Pics of setup attached.

28_2_Setup_2019_03_02.webp

KA_SAT_Setup_2019_03_02.webp
 
Last edited:
I've now deleted the LNB 3 as it is not required.
 
We need some photos how you have this wired.

LNB has 2 outputs, so how have you attached to the switch.

I would put just one cable from the lnb to the switch and attach it to horizontal/low port.

In the tuner config of 9 east switch "tone mode" to "off".

Did you intentionally mean the HL port here?
 
You asked for a photo of my setup:

Multiswitch Setup.webp

The multiswitch takes in two Quad/Quattro LNBs and an aerial input (not used).
The recommended setup is that Freesat is input into Sat A and Saorsat is fed into Sat B. From the photo, you can see that the four inputs for Freesat are fed into Sat A and a single Saorsat input is fed into VL of Sat B. I initally had the second Saorsat input fed into HL, but as per your advice, I've now removed it.
In terms of the outputs a single feed is supplied to each of the four bedrooms (outputs 5 - 8).


Outputs 1 & 2 are fed into living room 1, where they are used as a backup to the main Sky Q system. In living rooms 2, outputs 3 & 4 from the multiswitch are fed into a Mutant HD51 - now operating with an OpenVix image in order to provide Freesat & Saorsat.
As the occupants are elderly, they are struggling with the different setups in both rooms. (yes, an additional SkyQ box could have been sourced, but they didn't want pay more for a second room so this is what they ended up with).

As I've said previously, I can get the OpenVix image to switch to Sat B (Saorsat) using a universal LNB with the false transponder info with DISEQC 1.0 command set to Port B, but when I use the same diseqc setup for the KA-SAT LNB (Voltage Mode = 18V) then the signal finder does to pick it up.

As we tested previously, KA-SAT setup works perfectly with a direct feed - bypassing the multiswitch. So the question is what is different between a KA-SAT and Universal LNB in terms of diseqc commands?


(Yes, the plasterboard at top needs to be trimmed and gap hidden behind a brush trim.)
 
Last edited:
Did you intentionally mean the HL port here?
Yes. DO NOT USE MORE THAN ONE CABLE. CL needs 19V so it must be connected to the HL port.
Connect the cable directly to the STB (bypassing the switch) to test. Make sure band switching is disabled in your tuner config.

Post a link to the multiswitch manual.
 
Last edited:
Yes. DO NOT USE MORE THAN ONE CABLE. CL needs 19V so it must be connected to the HL port.
Connect the cable directly to the STB (bypassing the switch) to test. Make sure band switching is disabled in your tuner config.

Post a link to the multiswitch manual.

  • One cable now connected into HL
  • Does 19V require 'Increased Voltage' set to 'Yes' - as the voltage options are 13V or 18V?
  • Cable has been connected directly to the STB last week and worked with the KA-SAT. Re-introduction of the multiswitch has lost KA-SAT.
  • As stated previously.band switch has been disabled for KA-SAT, but not for Freesat as it has a universal LNB setup.
  • VL switched to HL. No improvement.
 
Had there been any change to the image?
I've now connected to VH and I've got a signal through the router.
 
If VH is the signal path your tuner config it wrong. Should be HL. Is the switch definitely configured as for "quad" lnb, not "quattro".
 
Yes, the multiswitch is setup for quad LNBs.

However, as per the manual for the switch:
In case when quad LNBs are used, it is necessary to switch on 22 kHz

However, in post #28, you state:
Make sure band switching is disabled in your tuner config.

For a quad LNB is this correct? My setup is as per post #26. Note that for the 9.0E setup Tone Mode is set to Off.

I presume that there is no need to make further alterations to the setup as I can now obtain 9.0E via KA-SAT - albeit via a different port on the switch.
 
You are not using a "quad" lnb on 9 east. So you want tone mode off on that satellite. If you are not receiving via HL port there is something wrong with the tuner setup.
 
Is the switch definitely configured as for "quad" lnb, not "quattro".

You are not using a "quad" lnb on 9 east. So you want tone mode off on that satellite.

In the tuner config of 9 east switch "tone mode" to "off".

Switch is setup for Quad. Tone Mode is off. Voltage is equal to 18V.

KA_SAT_Setup_2019.webp


In case when quad LNBs are used, it is necessary to switch on 22 kHz, see section 6 Product
Settings. If some of outputs are not used, it is appropriate to terminate them with 75 Ohm loads. If
not terminated, the specified terrestrial band insertion loss may not be kept.
The wiring examples are shown in the section 11 Wiring Diagrams or at the website www.empcentauri.eu.

6 Product Settings
For all satellite inputs, it is possible to change level of signals by means of attenuators in 15 dB
range. The minimum attenuation is in clockwise stop position, the maximum attenuation is in
counterclockwise stop position (for terrestrial input switching to passive mode, see below). Set
attenuators very gently, do not turn them behind stop positions by force.
22 kHz signal to satellite inputs for high band can be switched on/off and active/passive mode of
terrestrial band can be selected by DIP switch
located at left top side of the multiswitch.

  • [*]Lever 4 controls 22 kHz at satellite inputs G & H (OFF: enabled, ON: disabled)
    [*]Lever 3 controls 22 kHz at satellite inputs C & D (OFF: enabled, ON: disabled)
  • Lever 1 controls mode of terrestrial band (OFF: passive, ON: active)

Lever setup: (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/...on-Multiswitch&p=482374&viewfull=1#post482374)

Code:
Lever    Position
1          ON
2          OFF
[B]3          OFF
4          OFF[/B]

I can turn on lever 4 to disable 22kHz switching on VH and HH. However your initial quote above said to check that the switch is definitely configured for Quad LNB, then subsequently said that it is not a Quad LNB setup. So, I'm getting a bit confused as to what is required.


From EMP-Centauri technical support:

Inputs A,C,E,G of multiswitch provide 13 V and inputs B,D,F,H provide 18 V. Moreover, inputs C,D & G,H can provide 22 kHz tone according to DIP switch levers 3 & 4 respectively.
The LNB may or may not detect and configure itself according to these conditions (universal LNB does, Quattro LNB does not).
In your case, DIP levers are on OFF position, it means that 22 kHz is enabled - but I do not know if it makes any difference, because I do not know about functionality of your LNB: Is it sensitive to voltage? (controls selection of polarization), I guess yes. Is sensitive to 22 kHz? (band switching), I guess no. Therefore I am not sure if and how the signals coming out of your LNBs depends on input of multiswitch (its voltage) and position of DIP switch (22 kHz tone).

But I am sure that if you got the signals using VH input, the receiver provided low voltage and 22 kHz tone. You can check LNB config within receiver's setup menu if there is option to disable 22 kHz tone. If you succeed, you can reconnect the LNB from input VH to VL.
 
18v and no tone should route to HL. If something different is happening something must be wrong with the switch.
 
are you using only free tv or not ?
most satellites have the same channels ...
i have a square dish with a motor ; recently i unmounted it ...and right after remounting i was able to see "most news" channels

openvix-52.jpg


i made the image and a part is ZOOMED , the usals motor or receiver think it is pointing 19.2 E while it is in fact 28.2 E . the frequency tool of the firmware detects the right signal/ bad position ...

your multiswitch look nice but you should show your lnb and info... are you using a second dish or a lnb with an second head like this with 3 : https://www.amazon.com/Triple-Direc...lnb&qid=1553272980&s=movies-tv&sr=1-5-catcorr
you need to rotate the "lnb" to get the maximum force of signal .. a satellite pointer is helpful too and it is refunding itself at first time .
check your calculations is also a good thing ...
try this website to get help and right values : https://www.dishpointer.com/#page-top
enter value without letter : 53.7844,9.1029 and select multilnb and in the list to read result [ the choice box no has yours...]
 
For this receiver setup in this room I am only using free TV - Freesat & Saorsat.

LNB is a Triax TKT001 which is the standard LNB used in Ireland for Saorsat (https://www.vanjak.com/product/triax-tkt-001-universal-twin-ka-lnb/)
There are two dishes used. First dish is a standard Sky dish with the Sky/Freesat LNB oriented at 28.2E. The four freesat inputs feed into SAT A of the switch. The second dish is a 90cm solid dish with the TKT 001 KA SAT LNB oriented at 9.0E. It has 2 feeds one which is connected to Vertical High of the SAT B of the switch, the second feed is unused.
The dishes were put up by installers and both were checked used meters - I've no reason to believe there is an issue out at the dish as signals can be obtained for both Freesat & Saorsat.

Attached is the signal finder for 9.0E - the orbital position and the satellite information correlate:
9_0E_Signal_Finder_KA_SAT.webp
 
I've just noticed - note 9.0E is branded as 9.2E - I'm not sure if there is any ill effect of this:

tunersetup.webp
 
Also note, the the greyed out channels are defined as 9.0E under the screenshot, whereas for the available channel it is defined as 9.2E.

RTENL_9_2.webp

RTENL_9_0.webp

What is happening here?



EDIT: Looks like when I scanned 9.0E KA Satellite it brought in the KU as well - I've not configured the tuner for this particular satellite:

KU_Capture.webp

KA_Capture.webp
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top