Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET10x00] [4.2.027] Xtrend. Problems with USB tuners

Have any Xtrend users tried OpenATV image after the latest kernel change?
I haven't, but I assume from your question the latest 4.10.6 kernel is now in OpenATV - I've been assuming only the test version had it in as I haven't found any indication that it's gone live. Where should I have been looking?
I've never used it before, so it could take a while.
 
I haven't, but I assume from your question the latest 4.10.6 kernel is now in OpenATV - I've been assuming only the test version had it in as I haven't found any indication that it's gone live. Where should I have been looking?

Went into the OE-A 13/4/2017, so as OpenATV do nightly builds would be in latest build.
 
I've got OpenATV up and running ok, and the SundTek tuner now is configured ok, but I'm struggling to make it the preferred tuner to test it.

Disabling the other tuners doesn't seem to work - tuner A is still used and says it's enabled even though the config says " nothing connected".
 
Can you use signal finder or scan a usb Tuner?? (Never had one so no idea), but could be quick check to see if its working
 
Can you use signal finder or scan a usb Tuner?? (Never had one so no idea), but could be quick check to see if its working
I didn't think they could be used to scan, but it's doing one at the moment, nothing found yet mind.
 
Scan only found 33 channels, signal finder didn't seem too happy either, couch flashing vix now.

Signal finder on 4.2.026 works ok.

I'll have another go later.
 
Last edited:
You should have clicked on one to see if it actually brought the service up:)
 
@birdman has kindly produced an openvix-5.0.013.001.developer image for me, and so far so good, the SundTek usb tuner appears to be working fine on the ET10K.

Many thanks to all concerned.
 
@birdman has kindly produced an openvix-5.0.013.001.developer image for me, and so far so good, the SundTek usb tuner appears to be working fine on the ET10K.
Less good news for the PCTV triplestick.
It works OK (I can do a scan with it using dvbv5-scan from a Debian mips distro), but Enigma2 isn't being told about its existence, so it can't use it as it has no idea that it's there.
 
Will birdman need to do a commit, or will it pull into the next build automatically?
 
It's already in the OE-A (driver change) so automatically in next ViX release build

Found elsewhere ........... for driver
DVB USB Tuner works
SATIP works again
Ciplus works only with Tuner in Slot A and Slot B
 
Last edited:
Less good news for the PCTV triplestick.
OK. Captain came up with a fix for OpenATV and I've tested it on OpenViX 5.0.013.003.
I've submitted a pull request:
Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/158

It looks like a bit of a kludge, but it does work. My suspicion is that you should read the symlink at /sys/class/dvb/dvb%d.frontend%d/device/subsystem and check that it ends with /bus/usb (or just /usb). But the end effect is the same - "is this a USB device?" - which is all that the code is trying to find out (and if it has any endpoint file then it is).

EDIT: that pull request was against master (not sure how). Trying again....

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/159
 
Last edited:
OK. Captain came up with a fix for OpenATV and I've tested it on OpenViX 5.0.013.003.
I've submitted a pull request:
Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/158

It looks like a bit of a kludge, but it does work. My suspicion is that you should read the symlink at /sys/class/dvb/dvb%d.frontend%d/device/subsystem and check that it ends with /bus/usb (or just /usb). But the end effect is the same - "is this a USB device?" - which is all that the code is trying to find out (and if it has any endpoint file then it is).

EDIT: that pull request was against master (not sure how). Trying again....

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/159

Pull request merged, thank you for sticking with this one. I'll test some other tuners in next dev that I found had issues.
 
Pull request merged, thank you for sticking with this one. I'll test some other tuners in next dev that I found had issues.
Although it was bit of a hack (but a very reasonable one).
So I had a look at the libsysfs source and it does what I was thinking about in #95.
And I've unexpectedly had time to implement and test it (successfully) this afternoon, so I'll post another pull request to do a "more natural" test for "is this a usb device?".
 
Although it was bit of a hack (but a very reasonable one).
So I had a look at the libsysfs source and it does what I was thinking about in #95.
And I've unexpectedly had time to implement and test it (successfully) this afternoon, so I'll post another pull request to do a "more natural" test for "is this a usb device?".

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/160
 
When will this version be built?, sort of needing the fix.
Thanks.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top