Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

404 Download URL for OpenVIX 5.3 for Edision OS NINO PRO

I will have to check with Sicilian. Maybe we can do a one off build.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This would be magic if he could do this.
I just realised I put a typo in the name.
It is not the PLUS - It is the NINO PRO. I have corrected the thread title.
 
The other option is build it yourself from the instructions on the repo.
 
The other option is build it yourself from the instructions on the repo.
Hi,
I am willing to try and build it myself, although I have never done something like this before.

An easier option is to cancel the Nino Pro order ( done ), and buy five of the SF8008 models instead because I see I can get these for €86 a piece.

The Edision boxes look much more business like than the Octogon but choice is now limited. I would be much happier with an Edision MIO+ 4K but they discontinued these.
 
Last edited:
What are you using the 5 boxes for? Client or server?
Knowing the use might lead to a better solution
 
Last edited:
I have a converted house into three separate flats that share a set of dishes. There is one receiver in each flat, and I try to keep a few boxes for backups.

The wiring (coax) has been in place for years, and it is easy to swap out a box than manage anything fancier.
 
"that share a set of dishes" - so clarify what each receiver picks up from the dish(es)
 
8 x quad lnds going into 4 x switches down a cable into each flat ( 3 flats ).

Each receiver does disecq 1.1, and dvb-t for freeview.

Birds are currently 30w 5w 0.8w 9e 13e 16e 19e 28e 39e

Is this clearer?
 
8
8 x quad lnds going into 4 x switches down a cable into each flat ( 3 flats ).

Each receiver does disecq 1.1, and dvb-t for freeview.

Birds are currently 30w 5w 0.8w 9e 13e 16e 19e 28e 39e

Is this clearer?
Yes, certainly is!
So zgemma H7 might be better if you can get them, but sf8008 at that price is probably good, just not my favourite box.
 
8
Yes, certainly is!
So zgemma H7 might be better if you can get them, but sf8008 at that price is probably good, just not my favourite box.
Thanks for the recommendation. I was looking for an alternative to the sf8008. Do you mind telling me why the sf8008 is not your favourite box?
 
Thanks for the recommendation. I was looking for an alternative to the sf8008. Do you mind telling me why the sf8008 is not your favourite
loved by many - but they didn,t have to support the firmware changes!
So because of all the development changes (and pain) this is bottom of my list - but as said for most users this is a good box
 
Last edited:
SF8008, miles more powerful than the Nino. Only notable advantage of the Nino/Mio is they can blind scan MIS transponders.

Some people avoid the SF8008 due to issues with SF4008 features like blind scan which, in the end, never materialised in the software.

Re TWOL comments above... that is from a developer perspective. Certain features in the drivers, etc, worked very different from other boxes and required extra coding. That was a pain for developers, but for end users (using the ViX image) it seems to work just the same as other boxes.
 
loved by many - but they didn,t have to support the firmware changes!
So because of all the development changes (and pain) this is bottom of my list - but as said for most users this is a good box
I just looked at zgemma.co.uk and it looks like their H10 COMBO will be nearly perfect for my personal use. It has got S2X dvb-t and a CI+ slot.

I use a Fransat card in my EdisionMIO+ with oscam, but the 5W multistream comes in clearly so I could get a Polsat or FocusSat card + CAM for HBO instead of using a slot for Fransat. of course in an ideal world I would also have slots of three cards because then I could more card: Fransat Polsat and FocusSat or something else. :-)

Everybody else in the flats can have a SF8008 :-)
 
8
Yes, certainly is!
So zgemma H7 might be better if you can get them, but sf8008 at that price is probably good, just not my favourite box.
I had an email exchange with zgamma.co.uk and after pushing them to elaborate, they have no intention to release the H17 or H10

To quote their email: "Its not available for sale, it was about to be released before covid put a stop to it, we prepared our website for sale however they were never mass produced we have left the units on there for specification purposes only and if they ever do get released in the future we are ready. Hope you understand"

Shame because those boxes had separate CI+ readers and card reader.

A very misleading tactic.

So, back to the H7. Maybe.
 
I had an email exchange with zgamma.co.uk and after pushing them to elaborate, they have no intention to release the H17 or H10

To quote their email: "Its not available for sale, it was about to be released before covid put a stop to it, we prepared our website for sale however they were never mass produced we have left the units on there for specification purposes only and if they ever do get released in the future we are ready. Hope you understand"

Shame because those boxes had separate CI+ readers and card reader.

A very misleading tactic.

So, back to the H7. Maybe.
see h17 here ........ https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/zgemma
 
In which case their email is utter nonsense.

Has the H17 got a CI or CI+ slot?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top