Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] 5.3 028 EPG crash. Jedi Maker Xtreme

youngsyp

New member
Joined
Apr 16, 2020
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

When I fired up the receiver this morning, every time I attempted to open any bouquet via the EPG, the box would crash. Please find the crash log for the 5th time attached.

I rebooted the box and that made no difference but, noticed an line mentioning Jedimaker in the log. I uninstalled that plugin, rebooted the box and could then open any bouquet, via the EPG, without error.

I updated the box yesterday to v5.3.028 and the epg update runs overnight/ early morning each day.

Paul

View attachment Enigma2_crash_2020-05-13_06-18-18.log
 
Last edited:
A known issue. Use without Jedi or go back to 027. Kiddacs needs to release a fix for this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
A known issue. Use without Jedi or go back to 027. Kiddacs needs to release a fix for this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great and thanks.

Is there a glossary of the known issues for each build? Maybe in the release notes?

Paul
 
Transfer the attached file modified by DaveSayer to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have put a message when the box performs an update
 
Last edited:
Transfer the attached file modified by DaveSayer to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have put a message when the box performs an update

Thanks for the quick response with a fix. To be honest, I've not used Jedimaker for a while, so it was no issue removing it. I will download this fix though, just in case.

Thanks again.

Paul
 
Kiddac's updated the plugin for us. The plugin installable from the plugin download section has been updated, so a software update to 5.3 029 will be fine as plugin will update too. There is no need for file in post 5.
 
Just upgraded to 5.3.033 and got the jedimakerxtream error when pressing Guide. I had noticed in the release notes that jedimakerxtream had been added to feed, so I thought I would uninstall it and then reinstall, but it's not listed in extensions when I want to install. Any ideas.
 
Please attach your crash log. If you have IPTV, remove sensitive details.

Which version of JediMakerXtreme are you using?

Do you have the EPG mods?
 
I'd just upgraded from 5.3.028 to 5.3.033, Don't know the version of JediMakerXtreme (as its now uninstalled), final section of log file

548.3946> [ActionMap] Keymap 'InfobarEPGActions' -> Action = 'EPGPressed'.
< 548.4031> **** EPGSelectionVIX ****
< 548.4033> Traceback (most recent call last):
< 548.4033> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 57, in action
< 548.4034> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py", line 1721, in showDefaultEPG
< 548.4035> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py", line 1583, in EPGPressed
< 548.4036> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py", line 1656, in openGridEPG
< 548.4037> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py", line 1650, in multiServiceEPG
< 548.4037> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py", line 1641, in openEPG
< 548.4038> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 329, in openWithCallback
< 548.4041> dlg = self.open(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
< 548.4041> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 339, in open
< 548.4043> dlg = self.current_dialog = self.instantiateDialog(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
< 548.4043> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 276, in instantiateDialog
< 548.4045> return self.doInstantiateDialog(screen, arguments, kwargs, self.desktop)
< 548.4045> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 299, in doInstantiateDialog
< 548.4047> dlg = screen(self, *arguments, **kwargs)
< 548.4047> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream/plugin.py", line 262, in EPGSelectionVIX__init__
< 548.4049> jediEPGSelectionGrid__init__(self, session, epgConfig, isInfobar, zapFunc, startBouquet, startRef, bouquets, timeFocus)
< 548.4049> TypeError: __init__() takes at most 8 arguments (9 given)
< 548.4050> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method HelpableActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.HelpableActionMap instance at 0xb00c6670>>,('InfobarEPGActions', 'EPGPressed')) failed)
 
Further to above, this is in logfile even though JediMakeXtream was uninstalled via 'Remove plugin'

< 505.2711> [PluginComponent] Plugin Extensions/WebInterface failed to load: No module named plugin
< 505.2713> [Font] Adding font '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream/fonts/SourceSansPro-Regular.ttf' -> 'jediregular'.
< 505.2716> [Font] Adding font '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream/fonts/slyk-regular.ttf' -> 'slykregular'.
< 505.2717> [Font] Adding font '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream/fonts/slyk-medium.ttf' -> 'slykbold'.
< 505.2718> [Font] Adding font '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream/fonts/MavenPro-Regular.ttf' -> 'onyxregular'.
< 505.2719> [Font] Adding font '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream/fonts/MavenPro-Medium.ttf' -> 'onyxbold'.
< 505.2721> [Font] Adding font '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream/fonts/VSkin-Light.ttf' -> 'vskinregular'.


519.1327> [Skin] Processing screen 'UpdatePlugin', position=(0, 0), size=(541 x 720) for module 'UpdatePlugin'.
< 519.1373> [GUISkin] warning, skin is missing element tl_off in <class 'Screens.SoftwareUpdate.UpdatePlugin'>
< 519.1375> [GUISkin] warning, skin is missing element tl_red in <class 'Screens.SoftwareUpdate.UpdatePlugin'>
< 519.1376> [GUISkin] warning, skin is missing element tl_yellow in <class 'Screens.SoftwareUpdate.UpdatePlugin'>
< 519.1379> [GUISkin] warning, skin is missing element tl_green in <class 'Screens.SoftwareUpdate.UpdatePlugin'>
< 519.1380> [Skin] Attribute 'render' (with value of 'Label') in object of type 'eLabel' is not implemented!
< 519.1391> [Skin] Processing screen 'UpdatePlugin_summary' from list 'UpdatePlugin_summary, SimpleSummary', position=(0, 0), size=(220 x 176) for module 'SimpleSummary'.
 
I've just installed jedimakerxtream_5.32.ipk and all is now working i.e. no error when going into Guide.

nb. The Jedimakerxtream About page says the version is 5.31
 
That is a minor bug. The only difference between 5.31 and 5.32 is the fix for our new EPG screens.

BTW the 5.32 plugin is still on the ViX plugin server. I removed it after our image was run. The bitbake file was then added to build it from sources directly.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top